No announcement yet.

THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just dropped in to work to hand in my medical certificate for today and tomorrow and fill in my sick leave form, you know, do the right thing, and I just get judgy looks from everyone, and snide comments about being a 'parttimer'. Ffs do you think I want to be sick?
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by Heka View Post
      Just dropped in to work to hand in my medical certificate for today and tomorrow and fill in my sick leave form, you know, do the right thing, and I just get judgy looks from everyone, and snide comments about being a 'parttimer'. Ffs do you think I want to be sick?
      Yeah, 'cuz being sick is such a trip! :slap:

Comment

I got a call from my doctor's office letting me know my eye appointment has been moved from December to January.

Thank you for telling me I had an appointment that was cancelled. This is the FIRST I'm even hearing about an appointment.

This also means I get to have a needle poked into my eyeball.

Again.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Torey View Post

Yeah, 'cuz being sick is such a trip! :slap:
          And now I'm up the pub, to have dinner with a friend we never see, and I just know it's gonna be mentioned.

Why do you need needles in your eyes Duce?

RIP

You cut your hair short
          Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

I think that needle is the thing where they test pressure in the eye,had that done,and kinda freaked out(Do not like things close to my eye)
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
              I got a call from my doctor's office letting me know my eye appointment has been moved from December to January.

Thank you for telling me I had an appointment that was cancelled. This is the FIRST I'm even hearing about an appointment.

This also means I get to have a needle poked into my eyeball.

Again.
              No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no!!!!!! Oh, hell, no! There would be some serious crap going down if someone tried to get anywhere near my eye with a needle. I don't even like getting a shot in the arm. That's one thing I was really excited about turning 18 for; no more booster shots.

Comment

Yikes... I've had the pressure in my eye tested too, but that was just sedation and some air being blown on the eye... not nice, but nothing compared to a needle. I was told they don't use needles anymore for it.
                You remind me of the babe
                What babe?
                The babe with the power
                What power?
                The Power of voodoo
                Who do?
                You do!
                Do what?
                Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                  Yikes... I've had the pressure in my eye tested too, but that was just sedation and some air being blown on the eye... not nice, but nothing compared to a needle. I was told they don't use needles anymore for it.
                  I think they only go to the needle step if the previous test shows potential for a problem because the needle test is more accurate. Our something like that
                  We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                  It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                  Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                  -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                    I think that needle is the thing where they test pressure in the eye,had that done,and kinda freaked out(Do not like things close to my eye)
                    Nah I get this done everytime, not the same.

I also hate things close to my eye... and I have been seeing the optometrist since I was 8, and wearing contacts since year 10... and I'm still a switchy f***.

RIP

You cut your hair short
                    Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

They test intraocular pressure with a puff of air in a basic exam, and for more advanced testing, a tonometer, which touches the surface of the eye after numbing drops are applied. Not needles, though! (I have glaucoma and have had both laser surgery & a trabeculectomy.)
                      sigpic
                      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

OMG they'd have to sedate me. I'm terrified of needles so one going up to my eye would be impossible unless I was on some serious drugs. I mean, I had to take some pills to get dental work done, because the idea of a needle going anywhere near my face made me have a panic attack.

Comment

I had all my teeth removed(they were bad),and I had(Have) a panic type thing concerning dentists and needles.

Story: when having the last of my teeth removed(And I did warn the dentist before),I gripped the side things on the dentist chair so hard that I broke the thing off the chair.
                          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I'm apparently the only one here who's completely jaded when it comes to needles. But then due to my arthritis and the meds I take for it, I need to have a battery of blood tests done every 12 weeks and ever since the sodding thing also got to my... I think the word in English is irises, I need to have those checked once a year too. No needles in the eyes so far, but still they don't bother me and never have.
                            Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRaven View Post
                              I'm apparently the only one here who's completely jaded when it comes to needles..
                              I used to be terrified of needles, but after actually having drawn blood from others myself (I used to study medicine) needles don't bother me anymore... needles in my eyes, however, would still bother me.
                              You remind me of the babe
                              What babe?
                              The babe with the power
                              What power?
                              The Power of voodoo
                              Who do?
                              You do!
                              Do what?
                              Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I had to have a lot of blood tests a while back and I should probably do more (I have a slightly underactive thyroid and the beginnings of arthritis) but I never managed to desensitize myself to needles

Comment

Working...
                                X