THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Yes, I am very much against the anti-vaxxer movement and I know you are too. But that does not give you the right to post on my facebook and tell my friend who is one that she doesn't deserve to have her kids. It's like a Christian telling me that if I don't convert, I'm going to hell. That might be a fact in your mind, but all I see is someone being a flailing penis and making me stay even firmer in my own convictions. IT ALSO DOESN'T GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO KEEP POSTING AFTER I TELL YOU THAT MY FACEBOOK ISN'T A DEBATE FORUM AND THAT ONLY I GET TO INSULT MY FRIENDS. SHUT UP!
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

So my sugar this afternoon was 275! An hour and a half later after taking another pill it dropped to 137. Got home and it was 100. This is why I have a headache today. I'm all over the place.

And I'm never eating marshmallows again. I should know better. But it's like crack for a Diabetic. It's just pure sugar. Like for reals. So dang tasty but I'm now feeling craptastic.

Tomorrow it's a day off and a long bike ride.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
        Are you first year? First year is really challenging for a lot of people. It will probably pass
        Thanks! It is my first year but I guess it will a bit tough for a while because I am not an intellectual and it's hard for me to make friends and I think people are a bit reserved towards me especially when they hear that I am older than them. It seems to give a lot of folks the impression that I am somehow mentally challenged.
        baah.

Comment

The music from downstairs is AWFUL. Why is that people with the worst taste in music have to play it the loudest? Every. Single. Day. For hours! And yet, if they hear my son laugh loudly or one of us drops something, they bang on our floor! I'd usher them on their way but they're actually better than the last lot who lived there - who knows, the next lot might be worse.

So tired of this.

Dut dut dut dut dut dut dut dut...

Comment

Thanks! It is my first year but I guess it will a bit tough for a while because I am not an intellectual and it's hard for me to make friends and I think people are a bit reserved towards me especially when they hear that I am older than them. It seems to give a lot of folks the impression that I am somehow mentally challenged.
            I think that will probably pass by second year...as you move on, everyone else will be older and they won't notice.

If it means anything, my boyfriend is 30 and just started his bachelor program!

Comment

I am NOT having a good evening. On my way to choir practice, I got yelled at by a police officer for riding on the sidewalk. I KNOW I'm not supposed to, but most people do it when it's too dangerous to ride on the street (a few brave souls will ride in the traffic but I've had too many close calls on that road). I CANNOT avoid that road, because my practice is on that road. There is no bike path because the district of Kreuzberg feels that on-street parking is more important than bike lanes (one of the many, many reasons I hate Kreuzberg). Now, that being said, I know I was in the wrong, but he really got aggressively in my face about it. I've NEVER experienced behaviour like that from police in other countries (granted, I have no experience with the police in the US). I got pulled over a couple of times in Canada for not having my headlights on (when it was still mostly light out), which I'd say is a slightly more serious offense, and the RCMP were stern, but fair and personable. They did not shout at me and treat me like I was an idiot or a criminal, which is what both of my experiences with the police were like here. To be honest, I'd rather they'd just give me a ticket than treat me like that. It makes me have absolutely ZERO trust in the police.

Then, on the way home, my gears weren't working properly, so I couldn't shift down. I was stuck in fourth gear the entire way home. It was a hard ride.

Then I got a flat and had to walk the rest of the way home.

Comment

My quick commute to work has me on residential quiet streets. All pretty much a straight line. But on the corner by my work is the main blvd. I ride the sidewalk because cars refuse to see me. I hate it. And I always stop to let pedestrians go by. But it sucks.

Comment

Cops in my area tend to be nice and polite while giving you a ticket. It doesn't actually benefit them to create a confontation so unless you're confrontational to start with, they tend to be relatively mild.
                  life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                    I am NOT having a good evening. On my way to choir practice, I got yelled at by a police officer for riding on the sidewalk. I KNOW I'm not supposed to, but most people do it when it's too dangerous to ride on the street (a few brave souls will ride in the traffic but I've had too many close calls on that road). I CANNOT avoid that road, because my practice is on that road. There is no bike path because the district of Kreuzberg feels that on-street parking is more important than bike lanes (one of the many, many reasons I hate Kreuzberg). Now, that being said, I know I was in the wrong, but he really got aggressively in my face about it. I've NEVER experienced behaviour like that from police in other countries (granted, I have no experience with the police in the US). I got pulled over a couple of times in Canada for not having my headlights on (when it was still mostly light out), which I'd say is a slightly more serious offense, and the RCMP were stern, but fair and personable. They did not shout at me and treat me like I was an idiot or a criminal, which is what both of my experiences with the police were like here. To be honest, I'd rather they'd just give me a ticket than treat me like that. It makes me have absolutely ZERO trust in the police.

Then, on the way home, my gears weren't working properly, so I couldn't shift down. I was stuck in fourth gear the entire way home. It was a hard ride.

Then I got a flat and had to walk the rest of the way home.
                    Dani, that sucks. I hope tomorrow is better for you.
                    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                      My quick commute to work has me on residential quiet streets. All pretty much a straight line. But on the corner by my work is the main blvd. I ride the sidewalk because cars refuse to see me. I hate it. And I always stop to let pedestrians go by. But it sucks.
                      My boyfriend (who is really familiar with cycling laws here) told me that you actually ARE allowed to ride on the sidewalk when it is too dangerous to ride on the road. That can count busy streets with no cycle lane. So apparently I wasn't actually in the wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                      Cops in my area tend to be nice and polite while giving you a ticket. It doesn't actually benefit them to create a confontation so unless you're confrontational to start with, they tend to be relatively mild.
                      That's how I think it should be!

Comment

i made a terrible mistake of forgetting to eat today. Like totally. Don't ask. But I'm here now. eating raspberry jam with a spoon. im an idiot.

Comment

One of my acquaintances today posted on Facebook thanking God for giving her a washing machine. She pleaded on Facebook for someone to give her one last week. It reminded me of the time I was trying to sell my PS2+games to better afford some modern cloth nappies. One of the families from church saw the ad and asked to buy it and then all but asked for it for free. My husband gave it to him (he's MUCH more generous than I am). Then the guy started talking to my husband about how much God has been blessing him lately. I had to wonder how much of that was him just asking for stuff. It is playing out like people are praying for God to bless them, but they are manipulating people and facilitating that "blessing."

It bothers me that people in this town want something for nothing. There is a talented jewellery maker here who is moving because she cannot get the cost price back on work she very dearly wants to create. A very talented textile worker who works to raise money for her disabled granddaughter told me she has that problem all the time. This is a low socio-economic town, but people have just resorted to ripping each other off. Even on the local second-hand buy and sell Facebook pages, people want top dollar for their crappy stuff. During the major flooding we had two years ago now, many of the local business owners had to close up shop, they were doing it tough. Some of the residents were going into businesses claiming they were flood affected and demanding that businesses give them goods. This is even after government hand-outs. My family was simply evacuated and we were provided with $1000 each. My mother got her rental home with no furniture in it flooded and was entitled to something like $7000. There was no need for people to make those kinds of demands on businesses.

I don't know what the remedy is, but it's so annoying.

Comment

Life can be such a deadfall at times...
                            "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I love AT&T normally, I will take it over time warner cable any day but since I moved back to dallas I have had tons of problems with them. They signed me up for t.v. and internet for a set price and I got this bill and it is almost 3x what its suppose to be. The rep I'm talking to says that there is no way I could haven't gotten that price, and now shes trying to sign me up for something else to get my bill lower. I didn't want the damn t.v. to begin with.
                              "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I'm so tired... All I fid today was paint a crib, and I feel like I'm gonna pass out.... I hurt and I have yo pee.... But I just wanna sleep... No such luck!
                                http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                                ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Working...
                                X