THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Oh gawd DanieMarie that sounds horrid! I remember getting some sort of similar infection on my ring finger. And it was swollen and started getting red purple and hot to the touch. But I could not see an 'infection' area. I remember getting up from my chair and putting pressure on my hand. And my finger oozed out from under the nail. A good day's worth of oozing and then it was fine. I have no idea what it was.

Also. I get a day off after 4 days straight because my boss likes to copy pasta the same schedule over and over. And period. Thanks. Ef you body.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
      Ok, so I got an infected hangnail or ingrown nail (not sure exactly what's up) an my index finger. Sunday it was swollen, Monday it had a blister, and when it wasn't better on Tuesday, I decided to go to the doctor. They couldn't do much because if it needed to be cut, a surgeon has to do it. So, they put it in a splint and referred me to a surgeon and told me to go the next day. They also gave me a tetanus shot, because I'm stupid and totally forgot about my booster years ago. I probably don't have tetanus, but it will keep me from contracting it.

Anyway, my right hand is wrapped up and I can't use my index finger at all. I can use my left hand, but a) I am right handed, and b) my tetanus shot made my arm hurt, so I can't really use my arm. Doing things is super hard, and typing is super hard.

Anyway, I took yesterday and today off, but I have to work again tomorrow. I have no savings (long story, but some expenses came up and I had to spend all of them.) So, I have to try. I write for a living, so this is a huge hardship for me. I'm trying to practice a bit (hence this rant), but I type soooo slow! It's terrible timing, because I was just starting to get on my feet again

Anyway I went to the surgeon today and he had to cut off the part of the skin that's infected, so I'm still bandaged up. But I really hope I heal quickly so I can work at a normal pace again and actually pay my bills....
      I had to do this with both big toes on my feet. It was not fun, but watching it was and as soon as he slid the knife up under my toe nail and cut it out, I could almost feel the relief wash over me. And he made it so the nail couldn't grow back there, so it healed as a straight edge.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright so 50 homeless people have died due to being out in the cold all night because no one would let them in. What the hell? Okay, right, someone please tell me how homeless or poor people do not want to work because they are lazy. Because the life they have right now is so much better. Pisses me off to no extent. Yeah some people do cheat the system, but not everyone does. At least give these people a place to stay for goodness sake!
      Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Carlin View Post
        Flaming downstairs neighbours and their Whitney Houston obsession.

I love Whitney Houston but only in small quantities.
        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Thanks Medusa and Dukali...it sucked, but the good news is that the doctor said it's healing nicely and I can take the bandage off this afternoon!

Comment

I'm awake. This is bad.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

MO, have you even been to sleep?
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

A little under 5 hours worth (1:30ish to 6:15). It's surviveable and a year and a half (or slightly longer) ago 6:15 wouldn't be a particularly early morning but I've gotten used to sleeping in later.
                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Hope you can find time to rest soon, MO. Sleep depravation is torture.

Comment

'i'm awake too and I have been since 10am and it's 4am. And I need to be up by at least 1pm so I'm good and I'm waiting for the 3 sleeping pills to kick in. And I've been playing stupid bubble burst for hours now. Help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comment

Checked out bubble burst...a bit addicting to be sure.....that or a knock off of many other addictive games designed to kill your time and mental ability. NUMB is at times very good.
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I could swear this is allergies. But I haven't eaten anything I don't usually do, and I refuse to accept that there could be pollen in January. I'll just ignore the sneezing and itching.
                        You remind me of the babe
                        What babe?
                        The babe with the power
                        What power?
                        The Power of voodoo
                        Who do?
                        You do!
                        Do what?
                        Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                          I could swear this is allergies. But I haven't eaten anything I don't usually do, and I refuse to accept that there could be pollen in January. I'll just ignore the sneezing and itching.
                          You can BECOME allergic to something with repeated exposure.
                          Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                            You can BECOME allergic to something with repeated exposure.
                            oh I know ^^ I wasn't always allergic to nuts. But I'm pretty sure this isn't something I've eaten... feels like pollen -.-'
                            You remind me of the babe
                            What babe?
                            The babe with the power
                            What power?
                            The Power of voodoo
                            Who do?
                            You do!
                            Do what?
                            Remind me of the babe!

Comment

I want to rant about the cost of hearing aids.

The last audiologist appointment I went to included showing me a range of hearing aids available today. What I didn't know was that there are very few under $2000 (each - not per pair!) and if there are, they're eluding me. Most were $4,000 - $10,000.

There are programs here designed to help to ease the financial burden of the cost - but I don't qualify because I'm a) not on the dole (I actually have a job, which means I must be LOADED and can afford the ridiculous cost), b) not a pensioner over the age of 65 and c) not eligible for Centrelink assistance because...back to point a) I'm actually working!

So what do people who aren't on the dole or who aren't over 65 supposed to do??? I don't understand why they're so expensive. I don't understand why Medicare doesn't help to pay for them. My private insurance will only help with $1,200 - which means I would still be forking out, at a minimum, $1000.

Every day at work is an embarrassing struggle because I can't hear - and then I have to explain over and over that I can't hear and people don't understand why I don't just "go out and get a hearing aid".

Comment

I didn't know you couldn't hear. How severe is it, if you don't mind me asking?
                                And I know that feeling. Not being able to see properly with glasses or without is a pain in the butt. I'm very independent and I don't like to ask for help.

Comment

Working...
                                X