No announcement yet.

THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drained... no energy left. I wanna go home already and sleep. Sleep sleep sleep sleep sleep. And then sleep some more.

Sent from my mobile device using Forum Runner
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
      Drained... no energy left. I wanna go home already and sleep. Sleep sleep sleep sleep sleep. And then sleep some more.

I'm sorry your feeling so poorly.
      "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

My sister-in-law has been asking about us going to dinner with her and her new boyfriend since we got back to Texas. Different things have come up and we haven't been able to meet. Today is mine and KP's first day off together since we went to Arkansas, and it was weeks before that we were off the same time. She agrees that today is a good day to do dinner then has the gal to ask if we are paying for dinner for them too!!!! Are you fucking kidding me?? Why the hell would we pay for dinner for you and your boyfriend??? I cancelled dinner a few minutes ago. I'd rather go to dinner with my husband and spend quality time with him at a place we will actually enjoying eating at then driving 45 minutes to her and going to somewhere they want to eat because there picky eaters.
        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

So, this has just NOT been my week. First my car blows out and dies completely right on the highway in the middle of malfunction junction in a rather dangerous part of the area in general, and I sat in the cold for hours waiting on AAA to finally show, only to learn eventually that my timing belt blew while going 75mph and therefore has most likely completely fried my engine by bending up the valves/pistons in the engine head as my car has an interference engine in it and I'm basically going to have to either get a whole new engine, or a whole new car.

Next, because of a whole bunch of issues I've been having in my own head and feelings, I basically handed a death sentence to a friendship I'd just gotten back after over two years. Thankfully this issue has been negated as my husband went "you fix this or I will" and said friend didn't accept what I'd done and we talked shit out and he understood what I was trying to do, but still thought I was an idiot for doing so, and that's the one thing that's been fixed since.

Now....literally about an hour ago, on the way home from work/picking up my husband from work in my fathers borrowed truck, my husband had grabbed some of the mega fruit gum and gave me one. I'd worn away a section of it, and everything was cool, but just before we got home, when I took another bite out of it-my entire front right tooth completely snapped at the gum line. How or why I don't know, but *insert string of curses here* does it hurt, and now my mouth feels all weird and lopsided, and how the hell am I going to be able to go to work and talk to customers like this. I've got a damn lisp now because of it too, which my husband has given me vague crap over. I'm going to try going to an emergency dental place in the morning and see what they can do, and pray to whatever gods want to listen that I don't get completely screwed financially on this (which I probably will) and hope I can at least make payments.

Til then I'm gunna run open donation tarot/oracle readings on my blog, as well as donation art commissions as well and hope I get some people interested, and it'll help put a dent into this gigantic mess this week's been for me............also, I'm really, really hungry now but also really scared to eat anything or get it near my teeth for the fear of it all screwing up and getting worse
          Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
          Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
          sigpic

Comment

I'm PMS'ing. Nuff said.

�Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
            Sneak Attack
            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

More snow tonight.
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                More snow tonight.
                I thought snow was good....
                "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                  Snow is only good if you're from somewhere that doesn't get a lot of snow or it's the first snowfall of the year. Then it's like, yay, snow! If you get tons of snow every winter, you're pretty sick of it by late February.

We only had one quick snowfall here, so I wouldn't mind a bit. But there have been years where I've been like "JUST MELT ALREADY!!!" around this time of year.

Comment

Wee bits of snow in small amounts can be good and fun and pretty.... But after a few feet of snow and ice have piled up, it's time to feel done with snow. Really, Google some pics from Boston MA, or Canada.... It's insane, too much snow is too much!
                    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

The first snow, in a place were you don't get a ton of snow, but they still take care of the roads, is great (especially in December or January).

Its almost March. This isn't the first snow. And these people wouldn't know a snow plow or salt truck if it ran them over.
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

When you have to reach over your head to shovel, snow is less than desirable.

Much less.

But then you get the spring thaw and and all that water has to go somewhere. Generally, into my basement.

Also less than desirable.

We are blessed to live in a less than desirable world.

Much less.
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Ok, I got it. Yeah, everything in big amounts starts getting on people's nerves sooner or later...
                          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Everything in moderation, even (actually, that should be "especially") moderation.
                            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

The residents of Vancouver and Vancouver Island are going crazy right now. They brag every year, but because it's extra cold and snowy in the rest of Canada, they're really gloating with their early spring (which they have almost every single year, but they never get tired of it).

I'd be annoyed, but Europe has had a mild winter.

Comment

So.........I'm looking at new kindles because the kindle I've now had for 5 years is finally dying. It has issues charging--takes all day to charge, you have to wiggle the cord and have it at just the right tension and angle, you can only use one of our many chargers (and oddly, not a kindle charger), and you have to sing it a song while you plug it in and say a prayer when you turn it on to see if its charged. And then the battery only lasts a couple hours.

Since I have the kindle as a back-up "edutainment" for the kids and for sampling days at work (when I sit and "watch" people work to make sure they aren't sabotaging the equipment), I can't have a camera on it (neither can the hubby) because, well...we work (him always and me occasionally) in places where cameras are not allowed. This means I have to buy a 2nd gen Kindle (which is great--only costs $60). But I was looking at Kindles for fun, and I have to wonder...

What is the point of HD on a screen that is only 6-7 inches?

*things Thalassa ponders*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X