Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by Redfaery View Post
    I was upset last night that one of our cats died recently, and my parents told me he was "just a cat."

WTF.
    my mum used to say stuff like that. I explained a few things about my cats, and I think she gets that, while they are not dogs, they aren't "just cats." But it took a while for her to get it. I'm sorry you have to go through it alone though. Losing a beloved friend is never easy to do.
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

You know those people who always make status updates along the lines of "I should not have trused you" and "Why does this always happen to me?", and then go "I don't want to talk about it" when others ask what's wrong. Or even better " I don't want to write it on Facebook" (then why did you!?). They annoy me... there seems to be an excess today.
      You remind me of the babe
      What babe?
      The babe with the power
      What power?
      The Power of voodoo
      Who do?
      You do!
      Do what?
      Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I hate it when people argue and have no idea what they're talking about. This guy was trying to say Islamic angels are jinn. I try it explain that angels are distinct, having no will but to serve Allah, and are composed of light, unlike jinn who have desires, can sin, and are composed of smokeless fire. He continues to say that is incorrect as I bring up quotes from theological websites and the Qur'an. Why is it people, white people especially, think they're an expert on a subject, not because they've done any research but because they "have a friend" who is [insert thing].
        Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
          That's so wrong. I'm sorry for your loss.
          Thanks. Our family used to have a LOT of cats, but since last year, they've been dying of old age, one by one. This is the third since January of 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
            I hate it when people argue and have no idea what they're talking about. This guy was trying to say Islamic angels are jinn. I try it explain that angels are distinct, having no will but to serve Allah, and are composed of light, unlike jinn who have desires, can sin, and are composed of smokeless fire. He continues to say that is incorrect as I bring up quotes from theological websites and the Qur'an. Why is it people, white people especially, think they're an expert on a subject, not because they've done any research but because they "have a friend" who is [insert thing].
            Lol I don't honestly believe all those of my skin color think we are know it alls. I definitely don't believe it. However there are definitely are a few out there who like to make spectacles of themselves and give all of us a bad name. Ignorant people are the worst, and then you have those who just like to argue to argue for the sake of arguing and pissing you off.

While scrolling though fb today I came across an article about a pregnant women who is super fit and hasn't gained 50#'s during it, and she was modeling. Instead of congratulating her on being fit and healthy and doing what she loved as well as carrying a healthy child, these women were running their mouths and being unsupportive. Why is it so bloody hard to be supportive?? To say hell yeah go you?? To say you look beautiful? If were not "fat shamming" we are now "fit shamming".

Where is Thumpe's Father when I need him??? "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say nothin at all!!!"
            "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
              Lol I don't honestly believe all those of my skin color think we are know it alls. I definitely don't believe it. However there are definitely are a few out there who like to make spectacles of themselves and give all of us a bad name. Ignorant people are the worst, and then you have those who just like to argue to argue for the sake of arguing and pissing you off.
              Eeeeeeh....

As a religious (theistic) Buddhist as well as an eclectic Pagan, and a white person (VERY white) whose patron goddess is a genuinely Pan-Asian Deity...I have to say there are too many white people who feel the need to 'splain to the non-white people that they're *doin' it wrong.* More than once I've thumbed through books on Shakti worship or chakras, or what have you, by westerners, and I all of a sudden just want to find someone to apologize to, because seriously, there's more bad stuff out there than you want to know about. And a lot of it is so insensitive as to cross into casual racism.

Comment

Eeeeeeh....

As a religious (theistic) Buddhist as well as an eclectic Pagan, and a white person (VERY white) whose patron goddess is a genuinely Pan-Asian Deity...I have to say there are too many white people who feel the need to 'splain to the non-white people that they're *doin' it wrong.* More than once I've thumbed through books on Shakti worship or chakras, or what have you, by westerners, and I all of a sudden just want to find someone to apologize to, because seriously, there's more bad stuff out there than you want to know about. And a lot of it is so insensitive as to cross into casual racism.
                There are tons of know it alls. Of every color, however I feel we tend to focus on the white male know it all. I am not justifying anyone but we are not all bad.
                "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

Comment

There are tons of know it alls. Of every color, however I feel we tend to focus on the white male know it all. I am not justifying anyone but we are not all bad.
                  That's certainly true, and I wasn't meaning to sound like I was mad or picking on you, but I feel like we white people tend to forget how difficult people of other races have it in this country, and we can be insensitive without realizing it. I've experienced this on the LGBT/Straight divide. A lot of times my mom has said things that are pretty insensitive, because she just hasn't thought about what a certain thing would be like for someone like me, someone who identifies as queer. She once asked why I felt the need to come out to my beloved grandmother, because "I wouldn't come out as straight." You can actually hear a lot of stuff like that - "why do you need to flaunt it?" kind of things.

So this is sort of my own rant.
                  Last edited by Redfaery; 11 Mar 2015, 13:04. Reason: left out word

Comment

That's certainly true, and I wasn't meaning to sound like I was mad or picking on you, but I feel like we white people tend to forget how difficult people of other races have it in this country, and we can be insensitive without realizing it. I've experienced this on the LGBT/Straight divide. A lot of times my mom has said things that are pretty insensitive, because she just hasn't thought about what a certain thing would be like for someone like me, someone who identifies as queer. She once asked why I felt the need to come out to my beloved grandmother, because "I wouldn't come out as straight." You can actually hear a lot of stuff like that - "why do you need to flaunt it?" kind of things.

So this is sort of my own rant.

No I didn't think you were, and I agree with you. Most people don't think before they speak and care very little for the impact their words have on others. Its mind boggling, which comes back to my rant earlier. Know it alls and those who have nothing nice to say just need to be silent for a bit, and think before they speak. It makes them look far more foolish and unfavorable then they believe.

Comment

Now think about this..Jesus is depicted as a blonde white guy and I think he might have blue eyes..wait.

Can't tell if his eyes are blue....but maybe..Maybe white guys do know everything....
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

No I didn't think you were, and I agree with you. Most people don't think before they speak and care very little for the impact their words have on others. Its mind boggling, which comes back to my rant earlier. Know it alls and those who have nothing nice to say just need to be silent for a bit, and think before they speak. It makes them look far more foolish and unfavorable then they believe.
                        Amen! LOL

Makes me think of Oscar Wilde's proofreading method. "Whenever I come across a passage I think particularly fine, I strike it out!"

Comment

And of course there is this..

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

When a group of elected officials write directly to a foreign head of state while the sitting, elected president is in negations with that head of state, telling him not to accept the deal being offered, have they come close enough to treason that we can point and spit at them?

Doesn't matter if one agrees with the deal or not - it is not the way things should be done. We have a process in place for voicing disagreement, and a process in place for voting presidents out of office, or removing them from office if they are judged unfit for office.

Entering into private communication with foreign heads of state to undermine the office of president strikes me as being way, way bad.
                            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Agree B. De. What to do...cleans bug spray bottle...aims at bugs just to let them know I am watching them...damn bugs...Stink bugs are back,even as winter is slowly dieing..

- - - Updated - - -

Just saw where these "stink bugs" are now in California..

http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/pn74169.html

I had thought they were only here in NJ..

- - - Updated - - -

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I thought that we had something like that in British Columbia when I was a kid, but I think it might have been a different species.

Comment

Working...
                                X