THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Um. So when I open my bedroom door the outside is like hot. Like it's 92. Like hot hot. Like I'm going back to the igloo.

(Apparently when the temp goes over 85 I turn into a Valley girl. Totally)
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
      [...] ..but as I got older I thought "You are betting your safety on another human" and you know how reliable humans are..
      [...]
      Yeah but you (collective you) do that on a daily basis anyway. You can't step foot into a building without needing to rely on things like a fire alarm system, CO detectors, and elevators (this may vary depending on the building, when it was built or upgraded, and the rules of the authority having jurisdiction or AHJ) . Those things are installed and maintained by humans. Taxi cabs and buses are manned by humans and you're more likely to get killed by one of those than an airplane.

Personally I love flying. I just hate the chairs (I ain't a small girl) and the feeling like I'm stuffed into a sardine can.

Sent from my mobile device using Forum Runner
      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
      Sneak Attack
      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Did we mention to eff Indiana? Because I'm down with it.
        I can't wait for all the 'Christians' to be turned away by other religious or non religious businesses

Seriously? How do you NOT walk this through in your mind. People are gonna revolt.

via Imgflip Meme Maker

I'm not generalizing either. I'm 100% sure this isn't brought to you by any other group other than those 'Christians'. In quotes because I know it's not all of them. Just the ones who are going to be Christian nuggets to those hungry lions is all.

Comment

Today, there was a pretty excessive police force in front of the building where I have my choir practice. The whole thing shook me up a lot. Militarization of the police isn't just an American problem, I'll say that.

I don't want to type it out again, but I wrote about it on my blog:

Comment

Gyaaah.... why can't I type 'butterfly' consistently? I can spell it with a pen, but I just can't type it. 'butteryly' 'butterly' 'butterlfy'

I used to like butterflies... 8i8
            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I am so, so, so sick of working. Damn weekend deadline!

Comment

I read the news. Never read the news! They'll just ruin my mood. I don't get the danish legal system sometimes. Just read a story that made me pretty mad. Apparently, last year a man strangled his ex wife - while their kids were in the house. He's in jail now. The kids have lived with their aunt and uncle... but the dad decided to claim custody of them, and guess what? He got it. He killed their mother and was awarded custody... so now they have been sent to live with his parents... the danish law actually states that if one parent kills the other, the living part gets custody unless special circumstances occur deeming them unfit. So cold blooded murder doesn't make you unfit. Is it just me, or is that just sick?
                You remind me of the babe
                What babe?
                The babe with the power
                What power?
                The Power of voodoo
                Who do?
                You do!
                Do what?
                Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I was up past 2 am last night because of daylight savings (ours is later than North America's) and a big, loud storm that happened last night. Sooo tired...

Comment

My brain is fried and I'm annoyed.
                    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

3 sleeping pills last night. Did nothing except keep me up till 4am.
                      Tonight. It's on.

Comment

I look out the Window, and what do I see? Snow! Where did my lovely spring go?
                        You remind me of the babe
                        What babe?
                        The babe with the power
                        What power?
                        The Power of voodoo
                        Who do?
                        You do!
                        Do what?
                        Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                          I look out the Window, and what do I see? Snow! Where did my lovely spring go?
                          Here too! In all fairness, it wasn't quite real snow...more like slush. But still :/

Comment

Chicadee has the ick.
                            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

I haven't showered in 3 days...I feel the dirt on me.

Comment

My favorite show for the past few years has been cancelled.

Comment

Working...
                                X