THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

I'm effing grumpy too. But I have reasons. Oh yes, I have them.

Last night I closed with a cashier that's slow and likes to get things over on you. I leave her to ring on the register. It's not busy enough for two of us. She doesn't do the one thing I told her to do. Collect the customer info before each transaction. And our numbers showed it. I had to apologize to the DM ahead of time. I told him our assistant manager would talk with her. I can 'coach' her. But I can't discipline her. I mean, I do to everyone anyways with no problem. But she's a real stickler for 'employee rights'. And it's not part of my job description even though I'm acting as manager on duty since it's my shift I'm running etc etc. Meh. So then Opening manager calls to tell me my 12-8 is now 2-10 and once again closing the store. The other assistant is sick. It's ok normally. But I needed that extra time to get ready for the Ren Faire etc. And you know...sleep.

I'm very ready to be an assistant manager because I'm actually already doing it. I mean I'm supposed to open and close occasionaly. And I'm like doing it on weekends and holiday weekends. They trust me. If I can just now kill that cashier. She works with me tonight. And so I have to talk with her in a way I normally wouldn't. With kid gloves. But honestly? When I see her I'm going to have the talk in the office. Let her know I will have to be checking the numbers every hour because we had a low score yesterday. Hopefully that will keep her on her toes.

Did I say I was grumpy?

On a happier note. To prep myself up I'm going across the street from work right now. I'm going to the Burger Depot. I'm going to sit down. I'm going to enjoy a leisurely pastrami with extra pickles and an order of fries. Eat half and then half for work dinner. At least I'll have a full belly.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I am going to say this Duce,I am SOOOOO glad I do not have to deal with other workers any more being retired. I liked working,but the people sometimes made me contemplate a lot about finding a place to hid the bodies if you follow me here.

Be cool Duce,not worth the jail time,even if it does feel good....
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Tis ok. I'm going to make her clean the bathrooms.

Comment

That seems a nice gesture on your part,this will give her other work skills....She may need them...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Today the temperature reached 71 degrees F. Mom has elected to turn on the AC.
            Circe

Comment

Here in Jersey it says on the weather channel it is 83f..where did spring go,and why is summer here?

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                That seems a nice gesture on your part,this will give her other work skills....She may need them...
                I don't know what happened today. But I had a quick 'chat' with her. And we rocked the store tonight. Excellent numbers all across the board.

And I'm popped.

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                  Here in Jersey it says on the weather channel it is 83f..where did spring go,and why is summer here?
                  We got skipped by spring, cept today... It's chilly and sunny today like spring should be.
                  http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                  ~Jim Butcher

Comment

The NM be crazy. Going through my things, taking what she wants (but definitely doesn't need) without asking me if she can a) go through it, or b) keep anything. I'm pretty sure that's considered theft. -.-

Just 6 more months... It's going to be a bumpy 6 months. Sorry forum, but you're my only real way of venting my frustrations anonymously.

Especially since I really need a place to do that, balancing a semi-abusive home life and a semi-abusive work life (I'm working on both, but it's hard knowing that I shouldn't have to in the first place). Now I only dread that that treatment follows me wherever I go, and I need to find a way of handling it tactfully in the future (because some people suck and they're everywhere because... people).

Blah, I need to set up that personal blog just for ranting and I need to go see my kitten.

Comment

I'm tired and grumpy. So it's past eleven, and I'm on my way home from a retearsal that went on waaaay too long. We were at uni, one of my least favourite places to be... cleaning kicked us out of our chosen spot... so we just went to the hallway. A guy was sitting in the corner. About 5 minutes after we came there, he started letting people in through the door that's supposed to be locked. Ignoring it, we kept going until we suddenly smell pot. They're smoking. Fine. But sneaking in to university on sunday night to smoke. Really!? I hate the smell, makes me sick. Thanks for ruining my night idiots.
                      You remind me of the babe
                      What babe?
                      The babe with the power
                      What power?
                      The Power of voodoo
                      Who do?
                      You do!
                      Do what?
                      Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

71 degrees F? It's that warm here and I'm still wearing long sleeves!

Comment

Anything above 70F in the spring is above average here in Jersey...usually only hits that in early June.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Really dogs? Really? It's 2am and you are playing tag outside?
                            Spankings. All around.

Comment

7 am is an un acceptable time to start renovating the upstairs apartment. It sounds like you are throwing refrigerators across the room... I'm feeling more murderous than usual apparently, I will throw a titty tantrum if it happens tomorrow. I'm also pretty sure there is a noise ordnance preventing the. From starting work like that before 9 am, you can't run a bleeding lawnmower before 9 am why can you buzz saw through a washing machine at 7 am? Death upon them all...
                              http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                              ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I only have myself to blame, but just getting ready to go to a funeral and I've discovered I don't have any black tights that either aren't clicked to hell or are footless. I'm wearing court shoes so the footless ones are no good. Bare legs doesn't feel right somehow, especially when it's a funeral attended by my colleagues and superiors.

That said, if the deceased were around, he'd definitely want to see some leg...
                                Ach, off to the shop with me I guess.
                                夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Working...
                                X