THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

When you threaten an employer with quitting if you don't get a position, trust me when I say that employer's don't take too well to that.
    Just put your head down, do the work. Your work will show over talky talky big mouth dude.
    Good luck!
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Today my aunt had lunch with us, because we took Gramma out for lunch. Today she handed me a baggie with a men's Wal-Mart generic handkerchief in it. She said, "in the very near future, crosses will be illegal. If you look closely, when the hanky is folded these corners make the cross. I anointed it with holy oil and prayed over it." You have no idea how hard it was for me to keep a straight face and feign appreciation.

Comment

Being in school for 10 hours is so annoying.... >< Tomorrow I'll have to be there for 9 hours... >< Oh well...
        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

You know whats great? Knowing when you are being critiqued on everything you do in a way to discourage you or prove your "not ready" for something. That was Sunday. Nothing I did Sunday was good enough for my Sous. That's the first service I worked with him after B told our Chef he would quit if he didn't get the position. I am proud to say I kept my cool and didn't act a fool I just did as I was told however I talked to my supervisor he left and a decision was made.

They wont give me the Cook 1 yet because I'm "too new" they know I am good and it surprises how good I actually am but they want to wait another 3 months before they give it to me. However they don't know if they want to give it to B either. I will say this after I told B I was going for it the boy has had the best two services he probably ever has. I provided the motivation that he needed to pick up his game. The question is however if he will continue or will he decline like he normally does.

I think my biggest pet peeve is the way they are trying to discourage me. I will still be applying for it when it comes up and they themselves will tell me why they aren't going to give it to me and you can bet I will have a counter argument for every point. Instead of telling me how wrong I'm doing things tell me how to make them better.
          "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Its 92 degrees and 100% humidity right now.
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

I feels ya Thal...not as bad here,but close..but cooler(Much) tomorrow
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                Its 92 degrees and 100% humidity right now.
                Wait its what??? Aren't you in Virginia? Yes yes now that I look at your info I see you are you are. Its 68 and cloudy right now. We haven't hit over 85 yet and its May in Texas.. Which state claims there is no global warming again?? Oh that's Florida.
                "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

It's 52 over here. Welcome to illinois lake front.
                  "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
                  And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
                  They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
                  The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
                  - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

Next week every one in management has 2 days off. I only haz one.
                    No bueno.
                    Jodee Worker Bee wants to sting someone.
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I've been awake since 1 am. ChIld #2 woke up not feeling well. Finally got him asleep by 2. Went to take him to bed. Tripped on hamster cage because he didnt close the door when he woke up. Cats knocked cage over. Hamster is gone. Cleanedup and looked for hamster. Pretty sure Precious escaped...no sign of hamster.

Kids are wide the eff awake and I am so verrra tired and have a killer headache.

Not going to work today :/
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

I pray to Odin for the Hamsters safe being. Please keep us informed on the case of the missing rodent. What's its name?
                        "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
                        And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
                        They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
                        The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
                        - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

Her name is Precious...Chickadee adopted her from tthe SPCA
                          sigpic

Comment

I am seeing an episode of a family sitcom in there somewhere Thal...Just saying....
                            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I hope Precious is OK. I remember my hamster once got out & we found him wandering in the house - hope yours is the same!
                              sigpic
                              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                                I am seeing an episode of a family sitcom in there somewhere Thal...Just saying....
                                I saw it on "Rugrats."

My daughter lost her rat once. He came back, thinner, after 4 days, fur colored pink from something, and smelling like a sewer.
                                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X