THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

My neighbours know I work nights, they have 4 usable rooms, and yet insist on spending most of their time in the bedroom above me, walking to the window every 5 minutes to check what the neighbours in the street are doing, talking loudly and gaaah... The woman clears her throat like every 4 seconds. We joke that she sounds like a wood pigeon (she does), but when you're trying to sleep.

I always turn the sound off on my PC at 10pm, because I know they sleep then. Maybe I should start forgetting now and then, or develop a ahem nervous twich of ahem my own.. JP and I aren't saints. We don't play loud musc or have wild parties, but he has a loud voice and I scream and giggle like a toddler when I'm happy or excited, which due to my erratic moods is a daily occurance. I also know it isn't reasonable to expect people to stop going about their dalky lives just because I work nights (and they have no way of knowiing when I'm working or not). But I do wish they'd just make more use of their damned livingroom. Go watch loose women or antiques road show for goodness sake!!
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
      But I do wish they'd just make more use of their damned livingroom. Go watch loose women or antiques road show for goodness sake!!

would a white noise machine or fan (what I call the cheap noise machine) help cover it up?
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
        would a white noise machine or fan (what I call the cheap noise machine) help cover it up?
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Monster face: CRAMPS!!! something evil has taken hold in my uterus and is wreaking havoc. It hurts so bad!

Sent from my mobile device using Forum Runner
          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
          Sneak Attack
          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
            Monster face: CRAMPS!!! something evil has taken hold in my uterus and is wreaking havoc. It hurts so bad!

Monster twinsies.

I attempted to pedal my bike 15 minutes to pick up some groceries.
            I spent the first 15 minutes there in the bathroom.
            Praying to the god of anemia it would take all my blood and be done with me.
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Too much info.

I'm going to go wash out my ears.
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I know that feeling too well! Right now I'm just fighting the urge to murder anyone pissing me off, whilst crying uncontrollably and for no reason. Hello pms.
                You remind me of the babe
                What babe?
                The babe with the power
                What power?
                The Power of voodoo
                Who do?
                You do!
                Do what?
                Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I just want chocolate and vitamin water. All day, every day.

�Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                  ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                  Sneak Attack
                  Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Somebody left candy in the break room for a week. I didn't touch a thing.
                    Yesterday leaving work at 8am, I snagged the Easter peeps. I woke up in the middle of the night. Sat up in the dark. Ate them. Went back to bed.

They were a bit stale.
                    Inocurr :=L:
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                      Somebody left candy in the break room for a week. I didn't touch a thing.
                      Yesterday leaving work at 8am, I snagged the Easter peeps. I woke up in the middle of the night. Sat up in the dark. Ate them. Went back to bed.

They were a bit stale.
                      Inocurr :=L:
                      Precisely where Peeps should be eaten... in the dark...

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                      I just want chocolate and vitamin water. All day, every day.

That's weird... I thought chocolate provided all the vitamins necessary...
                      I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country

Tribe of my Tribe
                      Clan of my Clan
                      Kin of my Kin
                      Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
                      And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Went to the doctor twice this week for a sinus infection. Yesterday I went and I think I have an ear infection as well. The doctor didn't change the medicine or give me a medicine for the ear infection besides a numbing medicine which isn't working. I'm probably going to be in a lot of frigging pain this weekend. I can't stand ear pain.
                        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

While looking up info on the WWI Lost Batallion (mostly guys from the 77th infantry division), I was reminded of the WWII Lost battalion (the Texas National Guard Unit whose commander went against the advice of his senior officers and engaged in battle and had to be rescued by the 442nd (after failed attempts by other units).

If you are at all familiar with the 442nd, they were one of the most highly decorated units, and all 2nd generation Japanese Americans.

Over 200 men of the 442nd died or were missing, and another 800 injured to rescue 211 of the TX division, because their commander was a moron.

Three men in the 442nd were awarded the Medal of Honor........in 2000, because that's what sort of racist assholes we were.

Better late then never, right America?

Happy Memorial Day Weekend.

Enjoy your barbecue.
                          Last edited by thalassa; 22 May 2015, 21:27.
                          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                          sigpic

Comment

I'll look into this.

But I was aware that, in WWI, the USA didn't (officially) have much impact, aside from entering Russia to rescue the lost Czech battalion, and existing at Archangel (which I only know about because I collect WWI rifles).

I really need to look up more history here...

This is a very understudied area of US history...

I have a 1916 Russian 3 - line rifle (about 3.06), manufactured by Remington, made for the Czar, but rejected by the Commies. Thereby hangs a tale...

I REALY like tangible history, particularly when you can pull the trigger and make BOOM.
                            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                              Went to the doctor twice this week for a sinus infection. Yesterday I went and I think I have an ear infection as well. The doctor didn't change the medicine or give me a medicine for the ear infection besides a numbing medicine which isn't working. I'm probably going to be in a lot of frigging pain this weekend. I can't stand ear pain.
                              Put an onion (or a couple cloves of garlic) in the blender, and blend. Suck a bit of the juice into an eye dropper; two or three drops in the ear, then put a cotton ball in your ear. You won't smell pretty, but it works. Used it on my kids when they had ear aches. Used it myself a few times.
                              I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country

Tribe of my Tribe
                              Clan of my Clan
                              Kin of my Kin
                              Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
                              And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

You know guys, hearing phrases like "You have to be burned on fire", is really sad when coming out of the broom closet to one's family. Oh well... :/
                                "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Working...
                                X