Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by iris View Post
    Yea ^^ oh we complain alright! But it's state funded, they get money no matter what... train is still the easiest way of getting around as parking in town is hellish

Munin-Hugin it's also a question of size I think. I can get across Denmark by train in around 9 hours. It's just a tiny palce. Nothing is ever that far away.
    I'm actually surprised it even takes that long. It takes about 8 or 9 hours to get from Berlin to Munich...

You know, perspective really gets to people here, though. Like, taking a train for 8 hours in Canada is nothing. I'm pretty sure that won't even get you halfway across the country. But here in Germany, people think it's wayyyy too long.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
      I'm actually surprised it even takes that long. It takes about 8 or 9 hours to get from Berlin to Munich...

You know, perspective really gets to people here, though. Like, taking a train for 8 hours in Canada is nothing. I'm pretty sure that won't even get you halfway across the country. But here in Germany, people think it's wayyyy too long.
      You remind me of the babe
      What babe?
      The babe with the power
      What power?
      The Power of voodoo
      Who do?
      You do!
      Do what?
      Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Why everything that is supposed to be good for the mental health makes me ridiculously angry? Be it yoga, mindfulness or my favourite culprit, writing...
        baah.

Comment

Why everything that is supposed to be good for the mental health makes me ridiculously angry? Be it yoga, mindfulness or my favourite culprit, writing...
          Maybe because it takes time?
          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

^it has already taken years.... (writing ~10 years, yoga & mindfulness ~5 years, I stopped caring about them this spring and it got a bit better.)
            Maybe I just need better anger management skills. Or less self-obsession.

Ironically, I'm writing right now and it doesn't make me angry because I'm not going to put it online yet.
            baah.

Comment

^it has already taken years.... (writing ~10 years, yoga & mindfulness ~5 years, I stopped caring about them this spring and it got a bit better.)
              Maybe I just need better anger management skills. Or less self-obsession.

Ironically, I'm writing right now and it doesn't make me angry because I'm not going to put it online yet.
              Perhaps you should try something else. Maybe sport can help.
              "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I never did yoga for mental health. I did yoga because I like to stretch, and discovered that after 10 sun salutations, I felt relaxed. I didn't do mindfulness for mental health, I did it because I wanted to be more aware and in better concert with my self and my surroundings, and I discovered that it also lead to impoved mental clarity. I found the same from reading a book, walking on the beach, hiking in the woods, swinging in a hammock under some trees....

Maybe its because the motivation for doing the activity isn't right for you. I mean, if you like gardening, gardening has been shown to improve mental health...if you like running or swimming, you can run or swim and it will improve your mental health, etc. I certainly wouldn't want to do something just because its supposed to be good for my mental health.
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

^ good points, Thal & Gleb. I tend to go around looking for quick fixes... and sport is definitely something I need in my life. (Even my doctor recommended it.)
                  Haven't just found the right thing yet.
                  baah.

Comment

It could also be that when you give yourself a few moments of quiet, what you repress during the day comes out. If you deal with that first knowing you need to work through it you might be able to meditate/yoga etc more effectively.
                    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

We have had dinner guests for the past few hours. For the past hour I've been trying to get them to leave, I have a really bad headache and have told them so. They're still here. Wtih no plans for leaving...
                      What babe?
                      The babe with the power
                      What power?
                      The Power of voodoo
                      Who do?
                      You do!
                      Do what?
                      Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Last Thursday my baby brother went into surgery to remove a cancerous tumor they had found. They told him by removing it, it would be gone and he would be fine. That it hadn't spread any where else. They biopsied the tumor and called today to tell him that it was an extremely progressive form of cancer and they aren't sure it hasn't spread to other parts of his body. Why the hell did you give him a false hope like that??? Why did you tell him by removing the tumor he would be fine. That the cancer hadn't spread because you had caught it so early? You didn't know this for sure. You were just guessing. You should have kept your damn mouth shut until you knew that for sure.
                        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Sorry to hear that, kalynraye. I don't know why they say things like that - maybe to instill a positive attitude, avoid getting the person worried, etc.
                          sigpic
                          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I'm very sorry to hear that. Most often it's true when they say it, and they just want to help people relax. But they should just keep it shut until they know for sure, because it causes much more pain when they are wrong. He is in my prayers.
                            What babe?
                            The babe with the power
                            What power?
                            The Power of voodoo
                            Who do?
                            You do!
                            Do what?
                            Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Is it the "turn off your phone and don't answer Gleb" day? Aaaaahhhh!!! -_-
                              Last edited by Gleb; 02 Jul 2015, 07:27.

Comment

I am so tired of hearing abut the Gay Marriage court ruling when the whole thing was about civil rights, freedom, equality and application there of not specifically about Gay marriage or gay community any more than the Loving versus Virginia interracial Supreme Court ruling was strictly about interracial marriage. Yet that's all that is being touted and if your not a rainbow waving flag carrying person you must be homophobic. Heaven forbid you bring up that other groups are already trying to jump on that band wagon dealing with Concealed Gun Carry, Pedophilia being changed to be a recognized as a legitimate biological mental and medical condition same as Homosexuality is recognized or even some groups asking now about polygamy. That and don't even show how Loving versus Virginia was challenged and even ignored for many years by various states and the number of "Equality" and "Civil Rights" cases that arose because of that court findings.

Nope you have to be homophobic because your not waving the rainbow flag and jumping up and down screaming congratulations!
                                I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Working...
                                X