Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
    My feelings about the "Flag",(the stars and bars) is ok so it is gone now,and it almost sounds like these people think its gone,no more racism. It is just a flag,and being gone is good,but there is always a deeper problem. Symbols may remind people why they hate,but the hate was there even without the flag...People are still dieing because of this OLD hate,and that is very sad to consider here in the 21st century(Flash Gordon anyone?)
    The flag in South Carolina is down now yet the stupidity is running rampant. There is now a petition to dis-intern a Confederate General and his wife's grave because they were interned beneath a statue in a public park in Memphis named after them. A petition, though perhaps in jest, to do away with both the Washington Monument and Jefferson memorial in Washington D.C. because they both had slaves. All sorts of crazy stupid crap to keep the masses distracted and chasing the red herrings while truly foul things make it through congress and such so no one is aware of it.

At Examiner.com™ we help you excel personal finance, boost income, invest wisely, travel smart, reach financial freedom faster, and enjoy life on a budget.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I saw a video on Facebook of a woman in Mississippi who had no idea how many quarter cups are in a cup, nor how many halves make a whole. The dumbing down of America is what's dooming us, IMO - it's behind every other problem we have. (I'm hoping she was goofing around, but I don't think so.)
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

That whole what is a half a cup thing kinda goes beyond just uneducated I think most people could figure that out just with common sense(But in my mind,to be that obtuse you really need to work hard to get that level of DUMB!)
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Common sense isn't very common these days!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
            I saw a video on Facebook of a woman in Mississippi who had no idea how many quarter cups are in a cup, nor how many halves make a whole. The dumbing down of America is what's dooming us, IMO - it's behind every other problem we have. (I'm hoping she was goofing around, but I don't think so.)
            That was a for serious video??

With the internet so readily available in the US (for free, even), I really cannot think of one good excuse why anyone wouldn't know this. That's just plain lazy and ignorant.

Sent from my mobile device using Forum Runner
            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
            Sneak Attack
            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
              That was a for serious video??

With the internet so readily available in the US (for free, even), I really cannot think of one good excuse why anyone wouldn't know this. That's just plain lazy and ignorant.

Sent from my mobile device using Forum Runner
              She's on FB as Autumn Lofton - the one who's a Dietary Aide at Hillcrest nursing home.
              sigpic

Comment

If it comes down to digging up corpses, taking down monuments and statues, and other such measures, then I'm sure there are plenty around the world...

The funny thing, I wonder if South Carolina could theoretically raise the *actual* Confederate Flag (not the Battle Flag) and I wonder if there would be any outcry. I wonder if most people would even know; plenty around the country might even assume it's the current state flag, if they do bat an eye.

Also you know what's funny?

Go on amazon and search "confederate flag" -- you will not find the Confederate *Battle* Flag (the one everyone calls "the Confederate Flag"). Then search "che guevara"...what do you know, you can find stuff with his face on it.

Hmm?

But flags you can get on amazon and no one minds:

-- Soviet flag, which could symbolize gulag labor (slavery?), intolerance, hate, mass murder...
                -- Imperial Japanese Army Flag, which could symbolize racism, intolerance, brutality, mass murder
                -- yet you can't get a Nazi flag or SS flag or something like that, because it is a symbol of racism, intolerance, slave labor, hate, brutality, mass murder
                -- I wonder what else
                Last edited by Seax_Blade; 10 Jul 2015, 15:02.

Comment

I don't get where the 'haha look at the stupid American' thing came from. I mean, you can find stupid people anywhere, yet you don't see the same sort of 'point and laugh at the stupid people trying to pronounce foreign words, or name capitals, or spell their names' thing elsewhere. Loads of people are poor at maths. So it's not hard to find people to perpetuate the 'stupid American' idea. I am terrible with numbers, and yet it still amazes me that so many people don't know how to convert a decimal into a percentage and so on. I know this is a common thing, because we have to do a maths section as part of the NVQ's in health and social care (well, I didn't, because of my degree, but those without higher education have to do it), and you wouldn't believe how often people come to me and ask me to explain the maths. It's a really weak subject for me, yet I end up teaching others.. (and as we all handle money, I find that they can grasp most things if you can put it into the concept of coins).

Still, they're good people, and they have other strengths and qualities. I'm not about to make a 'look at the stupid Brits' video of them.
                  夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

From what I gather, she's all for it.....which is why I suspect it might be a troll. But, there is a lot of willfull ignorance here. People are proud of their lack of education. It's weird.
                    sigpic

Comment

Apparently some 'Miss Belgium' girl or something like that a couple years ago thought that World War I was 2004-2008.

Belgium was no side show in WWI. You'd think that they'd know that. Belgium also wasn't treated kind in both World Wars I'm pretty sure; you'd think that if nothing else they'd have known about that. Kind of like how people in the US might not be too knowledgable about more exact things during the Civil War but they know that there was slavery.

Comment

From what I gather, she's all for it.....which is why I suspect it might be a troll. But, there is a lot of willfull ignorance here. People are proud of their lack of education. It's weird.
                        Its not weird its sad. Its like it makes them more "American" to be ignorant. They are extremely proud of how ignorant they are.
                        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I admit that some aspects of some societies over there strike me as backwards. Of course, I get almost all of my information from you guys; my inside informants ^^, and from John Oliver's 'Last Week Tonight' (that latter of which I know is one-sided, or poorly researched at times, from the fact they recently ran with the 'sexism in the videogame industry' story, which is indeed a genuine issue, but then featured the so-called 'game journalist' who, if you look closer at the story, you discover deliberately enticed hate to generate a story and get publicity. She's a big fat troll and takes attention from the real issues), so I'm careful to keep a cautiously open mind before jumping to conclusions about an entire nation.
                          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Putting clean dishes on top of dirty dishes does not mean they stay clean and can then be put into the cupboard with the other clean dishes and used.

Comment

How about the video of the girl being asked how long will it take you to go 60 miles if you drive 60 miles per hour?
                              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Darn,that's a hard one....Carry the 1,subtract the 7,add the remainder...and how fast was the first train going again??????(Takes out pocket calculator)
                                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                                X