Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    So old man came in today and purchased about 20 craft magnets. I asked what craft he was going to be doing with them. He said he's healing people.

I smiled. That frozen, oh shiznit, this gonna be good smile.

So what are you healing?

Oh High blood pressure, Diabetes, bad eyesight. I put them on their bodies. Positive and negative and I heal them. I learned this over in Mexico (as a Mexican, I forced myself not to eye roll the sometimes superstitious ways of mah people) I don't have high blood pressure anymore. I just stopped taking my medication!

Uh.

upon taking a gander at this about over 250 pound man with a gut, I wondered when exactly he would plop over and die.
    I can't help but feel the need to add this: Fucking magnets, how do they work?

Comment

He said he just sticks them on your body. And that it depends on negative or positive magnets. I dunno. He didn't look like a dr. But what do I know? I just sell healing tools on aisle 6 with the office supplies. .
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

So,you sell tools of the Devil right there in River city..All that hardware going to send you straight to Hades...I know cause I read the good book from cover to cover..shakes a HUGE cross at you and sprinkles some LA tap water on your head...
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

He said he just sticks them on your body. And that it depends on negative or positive magnets. I dunno. He didn't look like a dr. But what do I know? I just sell healing tools on aisle 6 with the office supplies. .
          I have a pack somewhere of Hello Kitty magnets that are for healing aches and pains. I got them in a regular pharmacy in Japan and they're like little round sticky plasters with magnets on the back. There's a leaflet that shows you where to place them for various ailments. Honestly, I just liked the packet and never used them. I've seen magnetic bracelets here, but never these little stick-on things.

Maybe the idea is to attract the iron in haemoglobin or something. Magnets work on cornflakes because of the added iron, so maybe..
          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Maybe the idea is to attract the iron in haemoglobin or something. Magnets work on cornflakes because of the added iron, so maybe..
            Out of context, this makes you sound like a coocoo person. I love it
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Out of context, this makes you sound like a coocoo person. I love it
              "Sound like" you say? ^^ But yeah, it would make a great yearbook quote.

I've totally tried the magnet on cornflakes thing btw. Fun all the family! Or it would be, if I had one. I don't though, so I got to keep all the fun for myself!
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

It's more of a tired exasperation than a rant, but:

A coworker was fired today (which is almost unheard of in this company). I dreamed it last night. My head hurts.

I'm still reeling from a betrayal from a volunteerish avenue of my life. And I'm sunburned and exhausted from the labor-intensive extra work shift I picked up yesterday that I'm now thinking I should have declined.

I'm just exhausted and I really just want to wear my shark hat around and drink some vitamin W. But I have to make supper soon. Eh maybe I can do all three and not give myself 2nd degree burns this time (which are still healing from 2 weeks ago and I somehow tore open the wound yesterday at work and made a handful of new cuts in the healing tissue).

Comment

Something I saw yesterday...... I saw a comment on a video that said people who commit suicide are just cowards and that suicide is just a way of making other people feel bad about themselves while they escape escape having to apologize.
                  As someone who has multiple friends who struggle with depression, and having talked to them when they were thinking about taking their life........ I wanted to find this person, cuss them out, and smack them across the face so bad. My friends tell me how guilty they feel about their depression, and I don't think inconsiderate people like this are helping. The worst part is these friends live in other countries, so all I can do is send them kind words......... I can't hug them, or stand up for them, and in the end, I can't stop them. Thank the gods none of them have ever succeeded.........
                  Woah, I'm a downer. Sorry, guys.

I really need to stop reading comments.......... they just get me down. Too many ignorant idiots. And I KNOW that, and I have gotten better, but sometimes I STILL wander into them and I don't even know why -_-

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                  So,you sell tools of the Devil right there in River city..All that hardware going to send you straight to Hades...I know cause I read the good book from cover to cover..shakes a HUGE cross at you and sprinkles some LA tap water on your head...
                  This is amazing.
                  Love me for who I am, not for who you want me to be.

Comment

I could scream. Like seriously.

After spending my ENTIRE SAVINGS and borrowing over TEN THOUSAND EUROS from my parents, the repairs on the front part of my condo building (which isn't even my part of the building) are YET AGAIN way over budget. Like I may have to pay up another TEN THOUSAND Euros. Where the hell am I supposed to come up with that kind of money? Like seriously, were? I have NO MONEY anymore. I don't even want to ask my parents, because I already owe them that much. Selling is not an option as long as the work is getting done. No one will pay a decent price for an apartment getting renovated for mold because stuff like this tends to happen (more unexpected costs), so I'd probably have to take a loss.

I'm strongly considering selling after the work is done, though. I love this place. It's my home. But I am so in the hole right now and it's getting to the point where I can't see a way out. I don't make all that much money, and owing this much money is getting in the way of getting on with other things in my life, like getting married and starting a family. I think it's best to just sell, pay back my parents, and buy a house outside of the city (cheaper, lower taxes, not having to take on the liability of damage in other peoples' apartments...seriously, if my roof collapsed, it would still be bloody cheaper than these stupid repairs are costing me).

I also seriously don't even know where the money is going. The repairs are getting towards 400,000 Euros. You can BUILD A BLOODY HOUSE for less money than that.

Comment

I am detecting a scam perhaps,NO repairs should cost more than the value of a dwelling,EVER...

- - - Updated - - -

If it was a car,it would be considered totaled..ok,calming myself down..sorry you are going through this Danie
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Well, you can't build an entire apartment building for that...a project like that definitely costs more. But a regular house? Totally.

I still think something is fishy, though. I think it comes to the inefficiencies of apartments. When something needs to get done in your house, you can just do it. In an apartment, you need to legally get an appraisal, you need to get three quotes from different companies to fix the work, and you all need to vote on it. We had a leak between the two halves of the buildings, which I guess is what caused the moisture damage, and it took THREE YEARS for anything to get done about it. I'm absolutely positive that in those three years, the damage got worse.

The other thing is that they never give a comprehensive look at ANYTHING in Germany. That's why every single public project goes wildly over budget (like Berlin's new airport, for example, which was scheduled to open 3 years ago but still doesn't have an opening in sight). It's like they have blinders on and can't possibly think "hey, there's mold here, maybe we should check and see if there is more mold somewhere else." So then they start the work, find more mold, have to get another appraisal (at thousands of Euros a pop), and then have to continue the work at more expense. It's so stupid. And this building project has been particularly poorly organized. I have voiced this opinion to the other owners and suggested we hire a different firm to oversee the work, but I just got a lot of naysays.

I swear, probably around 50,000 Euros of this work has just been appraisals. That's how ridiculous this is.

Comment

Originally posted by LearningMan View Post
                          I can't help but feel the need to add this: Fucking magnets, how do they work?
                          I can't sat that in this particular instance there is any truth to what he's doing...but...

there may be some very narrow possibilities of how magnets might be useful as a medical treatment

but most of the time its just bunk
                          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                          sigpic

Comment

I feel your pain, DanieMarie. I had new flooring installed and the guy didn't do it right, and now I have to have it re-done, and pay all over again for someone else. Seems like everybody's out to do shoddy workmanship and charge top dollar for it.
                            sigpic
                            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                              I could scream. Like seriously.

After spending my ENTIRE SAVINGS and borrowing over TEN THOUSAND EUROS from my parents, the repairs on the front part of my condo building (which isn't even my part of the building) are YET AGAIN way over budget. Like I may have to pay up another TEN THOUSAND Euros. Where the hell am I supposed to come up with that kind of money? Like seriously, were? I have NO MONEY anymore. I don't even want to ask my parents, because I already owe them that much. Selling is not an option as long as the work is getting done. No one will pay a decent price for an apartment getting renovated for mold because stuff like this tends to happen (more unexpected costs), so I'd probably have to take a loss.
                              Oh DanieMarie, I am so sorry to hear this - it sucks so bad. Best wishes on getting through it.
                              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post

I swear, probably around 50,000 Euros of this work has just been appraisals. That's how ridiculous this is.
                                Do you not have housing insurance for things like this over there?

My grandma lives in a condo, in hurricane country...her insurance paid for all her *stuff* (including redecoration) damaged, and the condo insurance (paid for by condo fees) paid for all the structural stuff, including mold damage.

I know things are different between one country and another...but mold is generally speaking a building issue because a building was poorly wrapped, improperly ventilated, etc during construction. Or because of roof/pipe problems and water intrusion. If mold is enough of a problem to cost that much money, then Germany either has horribly building standards, or the companies that constructed your building suck. Not that it helps you much...I'm just surprised that a European country has such cruddy liability laws.
                                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X