Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

[quote author=Simon Slade link=topic=8.msg24859#msg24859 date=1293336736]
    So . . . I totaled my car. It's dead. Now, I'm not entirely angry. Just slightly frustrated at what made me wreck. I wrecked because the DoH decided to put gravel, salt, and sand on the road, because it was going to snow. This means that on a perfectly sunny day, the road completely shifted under my car.
    I hit the guard rail twice and a rock in the hill side.
    Strangely, I wasn't scared.
    [/quote]

That must have been exciting. Glad that you're ok!
    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I cannot believe all the people that showed up to bowl..all the way till 11:30pm. What is wrong with you? By the shenanigans of the patrons, I am going to assume your family hates you and wanted to be rid of your obnoxious asses asap. >
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

[/quote]

there are online sites where you can sell or swap gift cards and gift certificates...I don't know any off the top of my head, but I remember hearing about it on some morning show
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

I had SUCH an awesome Christmas but somehow I feel disgusting today. It's not food poisoning, because I'm not quite puking sick, just feel gross, and it's not a hangover because I didn't get drunk (not even tipsy). I was feeling really tired all day yesterday and we all kind of felt exhausted after dinner (we ate sooooo much) but today I actually feel like I have a bug.

At least I borrowed seasons 1-3 of 30 Rock, so I have something to enjoy while I lie on the couch and do nothing all day haha.

Comment

Why the heck you felt compelled to go out an get a humidifier and some movies (hardly essentials) in the middle of a freaking snow storm the day after Christmas in Virginia I have no farking clue...but to have forgotten your stupid cell phone on top of it is just rediculous. You have now effectively been gone for well over an hour, and the store isn't even a mile away. My only recourse at this point is to be pissed as possible to not think of all the crap that could have happend on the way in a town that doesn't own enough snowplows to keep the highway clear, muchless the town roads.

Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

I am so fucking sick of listening to my friends and other people bitch about their Christmas presents. Be grateful you goddamn brats.
                No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

[quote author=Bjorn link=topic=8.msg25013#msg25013 date=1293426694]
                  I am so fucking sick of listening to my friends and other people bitch about their Christmas presents. Be grateful you goddamn brats.
                  [/quote]

Um... ditto.

I can add a small bit of validity to one such bitch, though. Counterfeit 'collector edition' shit being sold as the real thing is a real fucking low, snake-in-the-grass lie. On the one hand, the kid now has the rare cards, that he wanted. On the other hand, they're very poor fakes. And an ignorant cuss like me (or his mom) would never know the difference.

Too much drama!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

EVERYONE CANCELS ON ME ALL THE TIME WHY DOES EVERYONE DO THAT AND THEY'RE ALWAYS DOING IT LIKE OH IT"S JUST SAMANTHA I KNOW SHE ISN"T DOING ANYTHING ANYWAY
                    I CAN JUST RESCHEDULE AND SHE WON'T CARE

Ok, maybe it's not that bad. But when you're a SAHM with little to no adult company during the week it kind of makes you want to cry when you look forward to plans that seem to always fall through.

Comment

Ugh! My bro's gf is so stupid. Not everyone is Christian. Not everyone would like a cross and Bible for xmas. Not everyone has their kids baptized. We're allowed to choose what we believe in, same as she is. Just because we don't believe in the same thing does not mean I'm going to hell. narrow-minded wench.
                      rawr.
                      It does not do to dwell in dreams and forget to live - Albus Dumbledore

Comment

[quote author=Bjorn link=topic=8.msg25013#msg25013 date=1293426694]
                        [/quote]

I do get this, and I want to point out that the only reason I moaned was because my Uncle John hasn't bothered to visit us in over two years, didn't even come to Aunty Anna's funeral in november, but he sends crappy presents at Christmas as though it makes up for it.

In general I would never ever bitch about presents, but in this case it made me really upset. X
                        "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

Comment

Reading this thread has made me realize how lucky I am. My biggest problem is wanting to be in two places at once. A year and a half ago, I moved, very, very,very far away and I miss a lot of people/places/things. Sometimes it's like a knife in my heart, even though I am happy with my new life. I've been back a couple of times and will go again in the spring.
                          sigpic
                          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

[quote author=FantasyWitch link=topic=8.msg25140#msg25140 date=1293482102]
                            I do get this, and I want to point out that the only reason I moaned was because my Uncle John hasn't bothered to visit us in over two years, didn't even come to Aunty Anna's funeral in november, but he sends crappy presents at Christmas as though it makes up for it.

In general I would never ever bitch about presents, but in this case it made me really upset. X
                            [/quote]

That's shitty. You just did a little groaning though, I asked some people about how their Christmases were and it was all, "omg, I didn't get that $300 thing I wanted! My life SUCKS." I slapped a boy. Hung up on a girl. How you gonna bitch about generosity? Families using Christmas as a makeup party for past indiscretions, well, that's worth a groan or two!
                            No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Oh, I hate when people try to use presents to make up for lack of presence.
                              sigpic
                              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

[quote author=Hawkfeathers link=topic=8.msg25219#msg25219 date=1293512081]
                                Oh, I hate when people try to use presents to make up for lack of presence.
                                [/quote]

Glad you guys get it! X

Comment

Working...
                                X