Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
    You have to have aim, you have to be on a ship where other people do their job, and you have to not go to mast for 3 years. Thats all it takes for those awards. Sure, not everyone can aim, but even the biggest dirtbag on the boat still gets to wear a battle E, and the biggest loser can still manage not to go to mast if they never get caught.
    Oh didn't say you couldn't skate by and get them on other's merits or lack of attention. But the bootcamp honor grad is all about playing the game, show and suck and how the CC views you in the company. Written testing doesn't show application nor true comprehension of material, boot camp does not test for much more than walking, talking and ability to follow orders. Don't want to shock them so much anymore I suppose nor make it harder on them than need be. It also relies heavily upon the input from your Company Commander's and how they've perceived you. A fact that is testified as to its selectivity and shall we say grooming each eval cycle on ranking within a given command.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
      But the bootcamp honor grad is all about playing the game, show and suck and how the CC views you in the company. Written testing doesn't show application nor true comprehension of material, boot camp does not test for much more than walking, talking and ability to follow orders. Don't want to shock them so much anymore I suppose nor make it harder on them than need be. It also relies heavily upon the input from your Company Commander's and how they've perceived you. A fact that is testified as to its selectivity and shall we say grooming each eval cycle on ranking within a given command.
      So...its like being the the Navy. Wear your uniform, do your job, play the game, and if your LPO likes you, you might get a good enough eval for some sweet points on your advancement exam.
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

A friend of mine just came off an RDC tour, which is how I heard that they'd gotten rid of a lot of the meritorious promotions.

ETA: Its not like its hard to get rid of a program without actually getting rid of a program...you just stop approving request chits.
        Oh I don't disagree at all. It's real easy to have programs but never have qualified applicants for the program, saw that more than a few times over the years. I had heard part of the meritorious promotions such as push button PO3 were going to being recommend from boot and if concurred with performance at A school then given. Haven't seen it or heard of it being applied yet so figure they were still doing intro promotions or boot promotions.

- - - Updated - - -

So...its like being the the Navy. Wear your uniform, do your job, play the game, and if your LPO likes you, you might get a good enough eval for some sweet points on your advancement exam.
        Sadly, and in my own opinion, that will be the reality of it. Then the so called honor grad will get eaten alive in A school or upon arrival to the fleet if un-designated. Have to prove themselves all over again and actually be competing against more experienced people. Potentially even more mature people and that ribbon will only make them a target. A target or a laughing stock of the butt end of many a joke and comparison to being Chair Force. Individualism over team focus and achievement, where me me me is the name of the game and better watch your back.
        I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

As a ships serviceman I got my honorary "Mafia badge" when i got out...
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

My new boss speaks in riddles. I can't understand anything he wants from me because every sentence is an a analogy.

A shitty French analogy.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
              My new boss speaks in riddles. I can't understand anything he wants from me because every sentence is an a analogy.

A shitty French analogy.
              Maybe he's a Zen master???

Has he adopted you as his Skywalker???
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

The a/c at work is broken.

Heads will roll if that is not fixed tomorrow.
                Roll!
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I read somewhere that we have become addicted to Air Conditioning and all things modern tech...Do Not remember who said that,but I do wonder if we could survive with no A/C?

- - - Updated - - -

To be honest I most likely could not survive with no A/C

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

AC and plumbing. Gotta have it.
                    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                    Sneak Attack
                    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

AND Pizza delivery...Must have

- - - Updated - - -

I do think people think their smart phones are magic and can make stuff just happen

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

My phone makes things happen....
                        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                        Sneak Attack
                        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I have no cell phone,because they are all possessed by demons..I can hear them whispering

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I didn't live in a place with a/c until I was 25 - then we got a window unit - then after I got divorced in 87 I didn't have it again until 2000, except for one place where I lived for a year. It sucked. I remember dreading coming home from work, and sitting in front of a fan all weekend. Now I have a nice programmable thermostat and central a/c, for which, as for my washer and dryer, I'm grateful every day.
                            sigpic
                            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                              I read somewhere that we have become addicted to Air Conditioning and all things modern tech...Do Not remember who said that,but I do wonder if we could survive with no A/C?

- - - Updated - - -

To be honest I most likely could not survive with no A/C
                              You and I are "men of a certain age," anu, so I know you'll understand when I say "swamp cooler"...
                              I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country
                              Tribe of my Tribe
                              Clan of my Clan
                              Kin of my Kin
                              Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
                              And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Yup,been there,done that.

And now for the Colorado movie gunman sentenced to 12 lifetimes and 3,318 years

So we have to do that in order that he never gets out.?

When did a life sentence end up not being for life?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0QV1RV20150826

I mean 3,000 years is a lot just to make sure he gets no out for good behavior.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                                X