THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

This has been brought on by a few things I've read and heard lately that just ... ugh.

Yes, I'm Caucasian. Yes, to my knowledge, all of my ancestors (for the most part, except for the possibility that a story my grandfather told us) were as well. But you know what? They didn't come over to this country until AFTER slavery had been abolished. Also, they came AFTER the native Americans got the short end of the stick, as well. So, stop trying to tell me that I should be ashamed for those things happening, and that they're my fault.

People are shitty to each other all over the world, all throughout time, and it's sort of become clear that that is pretty much part of the human condition, but that doesn't mean that you have the right to make others feel like crap because someone with the same genetic heritage as you was treated poorly by someone with the same genetic heritage as me.

Comment

I think it's important to move -past- shame and guilt. Yes, what was done is done, but it was also unfair. It's really important to cooperate together and move on into the future, because we can't change the past and we can't keep feeling guilty for the actions of our forefathers.

I feel really strongly about this here. I constantly hear "it's in our blood" from people born 40 years after 1945. No, no it's not. If it is, it's in my blood too, but I just don't feel that way. Neither do most people who grew up in the East. They weren't any different and there was no East-West divide in 1933; They were just told a different story (that it was all of those evil fascists from the West who did it). The point is, feeling guilty for generations is not constructive. I don't think it makes anyone more respectful or observant of the past. I think it's important to be aware of the past and to work on making reparations (especially when it was so recently), but I don't think feeling like there's something wrong with you because of something your grandparents (or great-great grandparents) were involved in.

I'm not going to feel bad for being German or caucasian Canadian.

Comment

Well, apparently the problem with my browser can only be solved by screwing with the registry. Blegh!
        Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

I've made a horrible mistake. I ate a breakfast sandwich at 7am. I had lunch at the orientation which was some salad and then I saw the chocolate cake. So I skipped everything just to have that little piece of cake. I got home at 7pm (I've been up since 5am and the meeting was 8am to 5 pm). I didn't eat anything else. I'm shaking like a stupid leaf because I'm a dumb Diabetic. Have we NOT been through this before? Why can't I get my shite together. I mean. Really now.

What the hell am I going to do on Sat and Sun when I work 11 hours daily doing manual work?

I'm going to just slip into a coma now just because I'm tired.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

17 year old apprentice jockey Juan Saez was in a terrible racing accident today. His horse clipped heels with another and fell. Reports are mixed as to whether he is dead or "just" brain dead. The rant part is: here's a kid who came to the USA from Panama, with a talent and a dream, went to work, was being tutored, esp. to learn English, was doing everything right paperwork-wise to be in the country, and this crap happens.
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I have nothing nice to say about anything and I think I'm sick and its crap.

Comment

Hands Rowan a secret potion,Just drink the darn thing,and feel better real soon.
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                  17 year old apprentice jockey Juan Saez was in a terrible racing accident today. His horse clipped heels with another and fell. Reports are mixed as to whether he is dead or "just" brain dead. The rant part is: here's a kid who came to the USA from Panama, with a talent and a dream, went to work, was being tutored, esp. to learn English, was doing everything right paperwork-wise to be in the country, and this crap happens.
                  19 yo just died in Oz when she came off her horse and got trampled. There was another kid the other day.

Is it just me or did horse racing just get extra dangerous.
                  ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                  Seen the desert and the birds
                  You cut your hair short
                  Like a shush to an insult
                  The world had been yelling
                  Since the day you were born
                  Revolting with anger
                  While it smiled like it was cute
                  That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                    19 yo just died in Oz when she came off her horse and got trampled. There was another kid the other day.

Is it just me or did horse racing just get extra dangerous.
                    Horses kill more people per year than sharks, crocodiles, snakes, spiders, mosquitoes, and dogs combined. Second deadliest animal in Australia, after humans.
                    Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                      Horses kill more people per year than sharks, crocodiles, snakes, spiders, mosquitoes, and dogs combined. Second deadliest animal in Australia, after humans.
                      22 people are killed each year in the US by cows.

Comment

Good thing we make these killers into burgers...Serves them right...
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                          Good thing we make these killers into burgers...Serves them right...

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post

Yeah I knew that stat. I just dont usually head about it.
                            ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                            Seen the desert and the birds
                            You cut your hair short
                            Like a shush to an insult
                            The world had been yelling
                            Since the day you were born
                            Revolting with anger
                            While it smiled like it was cute
                            That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post

22 people are killed each year in the US by cows.
                              I haven't killed anyone ever!

Sent from my mobile device using Forum Runner
                              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                              Sneak Attack
                              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                                I haven't killed anyone ever!

Sent from my mobile device using Forum Runner
                                I see what you did there
                                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                                X