THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

I miss my size 6.5 fingers. And the face I'm only a half size away from my old size is driving me mad. I don't want to have to get rid of my rings.
    my etsy store
    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
    surrounded by plush, downy things,
    ill prepared, but willing,
    to descend."

Comment

Dear Encyclopedia Dramatica,

Excuse me, but wtf is this 'OhInternet' thing?

Sincerely pissed off,
      Perze
      The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Why do you have to snow, Edmonton? MY FLIGHT IS LATE.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghghghghghgh gh......

Mostly art.

Comment

So..today I went to eat out with my mom at Rick's. I wasn't prepared to actually eat out so I had no plan as to what to do. I got a pastrami and fries and a REGULAR dr pepper. I ate half. That was like 1pm. Came home after errands. Ate the other half at about 4pm. And all day I've felt drunk. I am sure my sugar is coocoo high. No point taking it. I KNOW it. I haven't had potatos in forever. Or bread on a sandwich in about 2 months. Not used to it. I feel all sorts of icky. I guess it's a good thing my body reacts so hard right now. Serves me damn right. I actually can't wait to wake up tomorrow to have oatmeal. And strawberries. And NOT FAT.

Bleh. Gonna go pass out.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I guess I'm not allowed to be lazy in reading in foreign languages. I can't find a decent online translator for .pdf files. It's starting to annoy the living hell out of me.
            my etsy store
            My blog

to descend."

Comment

Today is one of those days where my stupid girly brain feeds me BS like ho fat and hideous I am. WTF. Shut up, brain. You don't know shit.
              No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

^ That reminds me:

Societal mandates regarding what people are *supposed* to look like. Act like. Dress. Enjoy. Think. Do.

Am I or am I not part of society? Why does my opinion vary so greatly from these damn social dictates? Nobody consulted me on these so-called norms. Nobody asked what I thought they should be. Who's in charge of that shit? I want to register a complaint! With a baseball bat!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Only a baseball bat? Serious complaints should be registered with slightly heavier ordinance than that. A chainsaw at the very least should be involved*.

* if for no other reason than that lighter, more precise ordinance can be used to earn a

and chainsaws should end the discussion before it reaches such an exalted state as to earn a Tepes.
                  life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Looking at my passport application, and realizing I should have done this 2 years ago, before my passport expired. I need my Canadian birth certificate (it's my Canadian passport I'm renewing....the German one is much easier to do)....my birth certificate is in Canada, at my parents' house. I just have a notarized copy, but they want the real deal.
                    I also need to provide a written explanation of why I'm abroad and have let my passport expire for two years (easy, dual...I have a valid German passport), I can't find my secondary ID (it's somewhere...I just don't know where that "somewhere" is).
                    Canada makes you have a guarantor, and I have a couple of options, but it's kind of foggy. They give you a list of professions they want to do it, and it's very short but I know that it's ACTUALLY more comprehensive than that. I have a friend who's a lawyer and that's definitely on it, but she doesn't have a job yet...she just got her law qualifications a month ago.

Gah...I should have done this when I was back in Canada. Way easier. Though, I would have needed my birth certificate there too, the passport office is in Victoria, and I didn't see my parents until after I went to Victoria.

Remind me why they still have my birth certificate? I think that was on the list of stuff they were supposed to send me when I decided to stay here.

Comment

for MaskedOne:

What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

I hate "group" projects...
                        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                          This is partly why I want to start a business. There's less of that nonsense.

In all honesty, though, from what I've seen most jobs don't require "teamwork". Why they enforce it so much in school is beyond me.
                          my etsy store
                          My blog

to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                            That's part of why it took me so long to get my degree. Every time I read a class syllabus & saw 'group project', I'd drop the class.
                            The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by Celest View Post
                              for MaskedOne:

Looks like a picture of me, in my younger, more adventurous days.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I don't hate the idea of group projects, but some people always end up doing more work than others, and that person was always me. I've been lucky though and NEVER had them in University. In writing we only had to do peer reviews, but that didn't involve working on stuff together, just getting into critique groups to read others work (which is helpful because its really better if more people than just the prof reads what you do). And music it was just classes like jazz combo, which obviously involves working with people but if you're a musician and you can't play with other musicians, you WILL fail. So it served a purpose. Now I do business which is notorious for group projects, but I study distance

Comment

Working...
                                X