THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

so we've hid a sort of ruff spot lately where lady luck has not been on our side. well my coworker came up to me today and told me "you know I think that your bad luck is telling you that you need to come back to Christianity. God will bless you!" i freaking laughed in her face! i dotn need to be a christian for god to bless me!

I'm so freaking tired of "Christians" trying to 'politely' tell me i'm wrong. it kinda pisses me off than the blunt ones i can just yell back at. its so frustrating! guh!!!
    "Close your eyes, take 20 paces farther than you thought nessesary and just when you think you've lost your way completely.. you'll be there. open your eyes" Alice Hoffman

Comment

Originally posted by Thjoth View Post
      Pepper spray, a collapsible baton and lead lined gloves can get you charged with "possession of dangerous weapons" in Michigan? What the hell, Michigan, we can buy all those at a corner store here...

(From a news story. Don't worry, they never would have caught me.)
      Yeah - it sucks. And if you have a screwdriver with you when you're not driving screws, that's a concealed weapon too. Of course, you'd only be presecuted for it if you used it to defend yourself against a rapist or a mugger...

What IS up with that?

My rant -

If you'd (a parent) quit pretending that the monster you're raising doesn't do anything wrong maybe something could be done before somebody gets hurt.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Why can't I get all misty-eyed & dewy looking when I cry? Noooo, my nose swells up like WC Fields, I get all puffy, blotchy & red. I look like I've run face-first into angry yellowjackets & all I did was watch a Harry Potter movie.
        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

^ROFL sorry but thats funny :P i tend to look like roudolf >.< glowing red nose and all!!
          &quot;Close your eyes, take 20 paces farther than you thought nessesary and just when you think you&#039;ve lost your way completely.. you&#039;ll be there. open your eyes&quot; Alice Hoffman

Comment

*censored* *censored* *Censored* *CENSORED* !!!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by yukanaoe View Post
              so we've hid a sort of ruff spot lately where lady luck has not been on our side. well my coworker came up to me today and told me "you know I think that your bad luck is telling you that you need to come back to Christianity. God will bless you!" i freaking laughed in her face! i dotn need to be a christian for god to bless me!

I'm so freaking tired of "Christians" trying to 'politely' tell me i'm wrong. it kinda pisses me off than the blunt ones i can just yell back at. its so frustrating! guh!!!
              thats just not right. isnt there some law against that?

my rant: i have to go into surgery either tommarrow or soon after(aperenty surgeons are busy ppl) just another scar to add to my collection great >< well at the very least it dosen't seem to be antiboitic resistent. now if only i could figure out how to walk without falling over
              Circe

Comment

nuff said.
                sigpic

Comment

Someone stole my bathing suit from the gym. This is the second time!
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Car is broken (but running)
                    tooth is broken (but running)
                    relationship might be broken (but running)
                    Got to start fixing shit up. ASAP.
                    Car first. Tooth then boyfriend.

But I AINT GONNA EMOTIONALLY EAT! I am sticking to my food and exercise plan till the fat lady sings.

Comment

God Medusa. You just made my rant seem so... pointless!

X
                      "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

I'm sick and tired of people using their religiosity (or lack thereof) as a scale for their IQ. Just because you're not a follower of a mainstream religion doesn't mean you have mastered logic and reason, let alone basic history.

ADD: and mentioning a degree that has no bearing on the historical facts of the conversation is equally trite.
                        Last edited by Caelia; 24 May 2011, 11:12.
                        my etsy store
                        My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                        surrounded by plush, downy things,
                        ill prepared, but willing,
                        to descend."

Comment

Picking up the car after $400 repairs that were badly needed. Now he says my transmission fluid had metal shavings in them. In a few months I will likely need a new transmission. Something to the tune of 1500-1900. After I freaked out a few minutes. I calmed my ass down and got to number crunching. First, I found on line parts. Maybe if I ship him a used transmission, it will save me money. Second, I called transmission places near me. Thankfully I live in a highly populated car repair city. In fact we have streets that are nothing but car repair specialty shops. Got a cheaper quote again. Then I called the place I went to get my brakes done. Called the wrong place but still next door. Got a very nice owner of a shop. He gave me a better guesstimate but wants me to still come in so he can be honest and take a good look. But it won't be that price. So. So I am just going to have to deal with this. Next week I am going to him and have them take a look.

Cons: money I don't have and will have to bust my ass hard to make more tips
                          Pros: The car is running. So calm down. You at least have some time on your hands to take care of this.
                          Cons:Stress is wreaking havoc with sugar and blood pressure and eating habits. But to the opposite side. Not eating or caring enough to eat alot. Meh.
                          Pro: I am still sticking to my food and exercise plan. (sugar this morning was a 65) a tad too low!

Comment

Once again, you disgust me. Only you would beg and plead the man who has lied to you, cheated on you, and beat you and your child numerous time to not leave when he says he wants to divorce you. Not only that, you bring my sister into this, confide to her, and try to get her to help you. You beg him not to leave you and her, not leave his family.

You know, I was moving out anyways into a place....but seriously, if you wanted me that hard out of your life you should have just said "Zac, I don't consider you a part of this family. Please leave, and don't bother leaving anything because you are as foreign to this household as the concept of gay rights is to Focus on the Family." I would have at least respected that.

Comment

Will someone shut that stupid preacher up who keeps going on about the end of the world! the world has enough crackpots with out that dried up piece of excreatment running his mouth off all the time.
                              Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                                Will someone shut that stupid preacher up who keeps going on about the end of the world! the world has enough crackpots with out that dried up piece of excreatment running his mouth off all the time.
                                Eventually it will be the end of the world. But like, you know. Just for him.
                                He's an old geezer.

Comment

Working...
                                X