THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

I stepped out today and since it was hot, wanted to wear my lovely hawaiian sundress I love ever so much. IT WAS TOO BIG ON ME! And kept falling down the back. Because, you know..I lost another pound.

I know it's supposed to be a rant here. But honestly? I ain't givin this dress up. Even if I have to make homemade straps for it. It's 4 years old and just beautiful.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
      I stepped out today and since it was hot, wanted to wear my lovely hawaiian sundress I love ever so much. IT WAS TOO BIG ON ME! And kept falling down the back. Because, you know..I lost another pound.

I know it's supposed to be a rant here. But honestly? I ain't givin this dress up. Even if I have to make homemade straps for it. It's 4 years old and just beautiful.
      Congrats!

If you can sew, it's really super easy to shorten the straps on something like that. If you don't, do you have a friend who could for you? You'll probably want to take it in on the sides a bit soon, too, based on what you're saying.
      Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

I know I whined about how summer couldn't get here fast enough but I'm nearly through and it's it's just started.

Comment

Originally posted by DeseretRose View Post
          Congrats!

If you can sew, it's really super easy to shorten the straps on something like that. If you don't, do you have a friend who could for you? You'll probably want to take it in on the sides a bit soon, too, based on what you're saying.
          It's strapless. I can sew straps on. But I am starting to float a bit in it as well.
          *le sigh

Comment

THERE WAS LITERALLY DOG POOP EVERYWHERE! It was up the friggin' walls, all over cabinet doors, all over furniture, EVERYWHERE! FML! If I wanted to deal with shit literally I would have borne children. I officially hate my life in all of its entirety.
            my etsy store
            My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
            surrounded by plush, downy things,
            ill prepared, but willing,
            to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
              It's strapless. I can sew straps on. But I am starting to float a bit in it as well.
              *le sigh
              Ah...too bad I don't live closer. It's a simple thing to turn something like that inside-out and pin it to get rid of the extra fabric if you have an extra person helping. L was laughing at me the other day because MIL gave me a cute polka-dot sundress that was a 22 and I was turning in circles like a dog with it's tail trying to pin it myself. Now I just need to have the courage to wear it without a jacket, t-shirt, etc....
              Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Kind of minor, but just slightly irritating...I keep getting asked from different HR people for my new job for my work permit. I don't have one, because I have German citizenship. But because there are so many people involved, I keep getting asked for it.

Comment

I realize this is dumb and petty but.. I really HATE growing out my bangs!

Comment

Why do you hate growing out your bangs? I'm actually legitimately curious. Mine were kind of irritating when they hit nose length, always poking me in the eye and everything, but it was more annoying than anything, and I just wound up wearing a bandana all the time until it got longer.
                    "Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others."
                    -Thomas Jefferson

Let a man never stir on his road a step
                    without his weapons of war;
                    for unsure is the knowing when the need shall arise
                    of a spear on the way without.
                    -

Comment

I'm fat.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                        I'm fat.
                        I'm fatter :P
                        my etsy store
                        My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                        surrounded by plush, downy things,
                        ill prepared, but willing,
                        to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by Caelia View Post
                          I'm fatter :P
                          I'm fatterer. ^_^
                          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                          Sneak Attack
                          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Oh, hell. That's where all the FLAVOR is! Meat doesn't have much flavor, it's all in the fat cells. Marbling is where it's at! You guys are just FLAVORFUL!!! Nom, nom, nom!

/suckup

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Fat schmat. I miss my abs and lats. Where did they go?

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by chainlightning View Post
                                /suckup
                                lmao !!!!!!!!
                                sigpic
                                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Working...
                                X