THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

I'd say unemployment of the young and work hungry is as common here as it is in the States. X
    "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

'Overqualified' can also mean:

1) We don't want to pay you what you are probably worth
      2) Because we can't pay you what you are probably worth, you'll take the first offer that comes up offering .25c an hour more
      3) Because you'll take that offer, you'll have wasted our company even more money on your training, uniform, manhours by HR & Payroll
      4) And the last 10 people we hired were just like you

Which is pretty much what ruined my opportunity to attend mortuary science school in Louisiana.
      The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Scrounging up an ancient text that hasn't been translated into English online is turning out to be way, way more difficult than it should be.
        "Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others."
        -Thomas Jefferson

Let a man never stir on his road a step
        without his weapons of war;
        for unsure is the knowing when the need shall arise
        of a spear on the way without.
        -

Comment

Originally posted by Thjoth View Post
          Scrounging up an ancient text that hasn't been translated into English online is turning out to be way, way more difficult than it should be.
          Fear not, Thjoth - I think that's one problem that might be fixed for you!

Now.... what I want to rant about is why, in this age of instant messaging, mobile telephony (in my day it was the big old red phone boxes or a letter), emails, skype and who-knows-what-else is dealing with officialdom so bloody impossible? I might as well put a message in a bottle or trust to the nearest carrier pigeon! Grrrr.....

And another thing.... why is it that the people who kick up the biggest fuss the very ones who back off when push comes to shove? Why are they so gutless? Another Grrrr.....

Okay. Growl over.
          www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

I'm so frustrated that I can't beat my stupid phone in a chess game!
            [4:82]

Comment

Don't be. Least not unless you have the difficulty set low. Chess programs are pretty good these days and a high difficulty setting will butcher most casual players.
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I have no idea what's going on today. I need to do 6 different things, family added one at the last minute that directly contradicts a meeting I need to be at, and I feel like I'm on a hamster wheel, so I'm online, instead.

Classic.
                Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

The puppy's hurt during my shift. I didn't do anything to hurt him nor did I let him get near it (anything that could hurt him), so I'm hoping he just stepped on something in the grass. I feel horrible.
                  my etsy store
                  My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                  surrounded by plush, downy things,
                  ill prepared, but willing,
                  to descend."

Comment

i realize im far more pissed than i should be. (first off completly random i have no clue where my mom went, she said she wouldnt get drunk and its 2am)
                    im on another forum and i get a board warning for calling an ovious spam thread (obvious spam thread= random ass title in a random section with incoherent sentences and links to random sites (all those sites were also in hebrew)) trash. Thats not spam that what everyone does on those threads and besides i dont see how it would matter if it was spam considering the thread was spam. maybe it's the lack of sleep but this is really pissing me off. (mom went to a keith urban concert 7 hours ago and is still not back, im a little worried now.)
                    Circe

Comment

I'm so tired of going through surgeries and constantly being either sick or in pain. Its been 3 and a half years since the dang wreck, and yet it seems I've never actually been getting better! To make it worse I currently have a picc iv line in my arm and was informed that I shouldn't do any serious cleaning or chores.....but due to my idiot boyfriend (who lets chores slide) I'm finding myself doing everything like the cat litter, dirty dishes, cleaning the bathtub, etc. I shouldn't even really be taking a shower on my own and yet I am. I'm just so pissed that he doesn't get how serious this kind of stuff is. Sure germs are invisible to our eyes, but that doesn't mean they don't exist! If they didn't I wouldn't have a freaking iv in my arm for an infection in the first place! *pulls out her hair* I just want to get better and not rely on anyone anymore.

Comment

I've had a long butt weekend of work. And tomorrow I have a 60 poeple group of Boy Scouts to serve!

*cries in the corner rocking myself back and forth...
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I am truly sick and tired of government departments who appear neither to know nor care what they are doing.... and as for common sense.... well, I might as well ask them to write their letters in Sanskrit....
                          www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

I'm too sick to eat, drink, sleep, but somehow I'm still fine to go to school? That doesn't make sense.
                            "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
                            - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                              I am truly sick and tired of government departments who appear neither to know nor care what they are doing.... and as for common sense.... well, I might as well ask them to write their letters in Sanskrit....
                              I agree with this! I can't watch the news at all because of this stuff. Drives me nuts!

Comment

I have no car, no money, and live in the middle of nowhere.

BORED CAELIA IS BORED!!!!!!!
                                my etsy store
                                My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                                surrounded by plush, downy things,
                                ill prepared, but willing,
                                to descend."

Comment

Working...
                                X