THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Circadian rhythm is so interesting! I go downhill after about 3 p.m. but when I wake up in the morning, my mind is in high gear on multiple levels.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I'm solar powered. Morning is fine if the sun is shining, evening is fine if the sun is shining.

Days like today....ugh. Its cloudy and rainy and I'm tired and have just gotten over strep and now I having a full allergy blow out...or maybe a cold. Either way, I just want to curl up in bed with a fluffy quilt and a mojito watching season 4 of Warehouse 13.

three more hours, just three more hours...
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

I haz sad. All the fun threads got closed! Now I gotta go find more stuff to talk about and make more threads.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Apperance matters when you are desperately seeking a job, doesn't it? I know not everyone thinks about it, but when you go into a place to pick up an application, if you make a crappy impression.... Someone is GOING to REMEMBER YOU! Don't we try not to look like slobs when we absolutely NEED a job? Why would you come in with a tattered shirt? Unless you are homeless, and this guy wasn't, you have NO EXCUSE!

Or do people just not have standards anymore? Did it stop mattering at some point? I didn't think I ws that old.... Am I? NO! No I am not! I am too young to be talking about the "old days" damnit!
          http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
          ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Most people don't think that it matters when getting an application, just when on an interview.
            Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many. -The Doctor

Comment

My supervisor asks me what my impression of a person was when we get applicants.... So our boss knows if you were a slob or not.... it just seems like common sense to me.... I know I know, common sense isn't so common anymore.... *sigh*

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
              ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                I know I know, common sense isn't so common anymore.... *sigh*
                You mean there was a point in human history where it was? :=P:
                Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

Freaking bagless vacuums. I swear they but more dust back in the air than the bags ever did. Not to mention having to empty them 2 or three times more often.
                  Also, carpets. Really wish I could tear up all the carpet in this place, but don't have the money for that.
                  Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many. -The Doctor

Comment

Originally posted by Agel View Post
                    Freaking bagless vacuums. I swear they but more dust back in the air than the bags ever did. Not to mention having to empty them 2 or three times more often.
                    Also, carpets. Really wish I could tear up all the carpet in this place, but don't have the money for that.
                    I invested in an Oreck upright in 2001. Through carpets, hardwood, laminate, a few moves, picking up birdseed (very rough on a vacuum) it is still like brand new. It's an expensive outlay but before it, I went through SEVERAL cheaper vacuums in a few years, so in the big picture, well worth it.
                    sigpic
                    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                      I invested in an Oreck upright in 2001. Through carpets, hardwood, laminate, a few moves, picking up birdseed (very rough on a vacuum) it is still like brand new. It's an expensive outlay but before it, I went through SEVERAL cheaper vacuums in a few years, so in the big picture, well worth it.
                      Ya know, my old (about 20ish years) Oreck was freakin great, it had no room for attachments and did not pick up anything at its edges... so slightly flawed, and it did require a bag, but it would pick up bloody anything! always smelled a wee bit like burning... but it never did anything odd... and it always worked... the dyson we use now... it sucks, and not in the good way that vacumes are supposed to!

~Jim Butcher

Comment

It's been 3 months since my promotion, 2 months ago I contacted HR and three of my supervisors who could converse with HR regarding my promotion and raise failing to be reflected in my paychecks. I thought the issue was resolved, apparently it's not and I've been shorted something around $1000 because of it so far. I am livid.... why is it HR/payroll don't seem to understand how important a thing like a paycheck that provides my means to survive is? >.<

I hope it's an easy fix, it should be, but based on my recent string of luck over the past few years I'm not so convinced. RAWR *yanks out hair*.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                          Ours works fine, it's just that I really miss having a bag in the blasted thing. I swear when they went bagless they made the holding capacity smaller.

Comment

Last week strep, this week URI.

Round two of antibiotics, and now...I'm headed for a nap.
                            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

Why am I, at 40, just now learning about the Nachthexen? These women were incredible.

I really hate my high school and Associate's level education. I am constantly reminded of the things that I don't even know existed. I know there's only so much that can be packed into a few semesters of school, but damn. And since I don't know that I don't know about these things, unless someone posts something online where I go, I'll never know that I don't know about these things. I should have learned about them when I was like, 10. My dad never even mentioned them, and he was full of wartime anecdotes.

Originally posted by Agel View Post
                              Ours works fine, it's just that I really miss having a bag in the blasted thing. I swear when they went bagless they made the holding capacity smaller.
                              They did - if you tried to empty a full bag from a standard upright vacuum cleaner, it would overflow the canister.
                              The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
                                It's been 3 months since my promotion, 2 months ago I contacted HR and three of my supervisors who could converse with HR regarding my promotion and raise failing to be reflected in my paychecks. I thought the issue was resolved, apparently it's not and I've been shorted something around $1000 because of it so far. I am livid.... why is it HR/payroll don't seem to understand how important a thing like a paycheck that provides my means to survive is? >.<

I hope it's an easy fix, it should be, but based on my recent string of luck over the past few years I'm not so convinced. RAWR *yanks out hair*.
                                I still can't over this. I can understand a whole pay period getting through, without reflecting the pay raise. But months?!? I'm leaning away from "mistake" and headlong into "incompetence", on somebody's part, there. I can't imagine a single circumstance that a BUNCH of pay periods are all missing the wage increase. Someone, somewhere up that food chain, is holding it up, it seems to me. I'd be way to eager to locate that one person and bend their ear...

...right off their head.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Working...
                                X