This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
    Is it just me,or is a lot of the news just plain weird right now...Russia misses Syria but hits Iran,GOP guy who was gonna be speaker messed up big time, I mean lots going on,and all of it strange,at least to me. And whats up with the pumpkin shortage?
    I feel like they're trying to distract us from something. "oh look at all this weird stuff happening over here..." while on the other side of the room someone steals all the cookies from the buffet. And not the crappy cookies that no one ever eats, but the good ones that are always gone first before you can get to them.
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

The peanut butter ones with the Hershey's kiss insert?
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
        The peanut butter ones with the Hershey's kiss insert?
        Idk, they're always gone by the time I get to the table.
        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
        Sneak Attack
        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I love the snicker doodles myself....The soft ones..
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Ug. I'm going to sound like a total snot and I should be flattered buuuuuut....
            one of the pizza guys is kinda creepy. He smiles at me and eyes me weird. And he sorta hangs around a bit longer then is comfortable. He is the kind of guy who seems to feel awkward with himself. And that makes me feel awkward around him. He likes marvel (he commented on my shirt and we chatted ever so briefly about it as I signed my receipt (in the past I mean). I would love to be nicer to him, but again...creepster vibe. Not in a bad way. Just a way that says he's socially awkward and I just want my pizza and for him to not comment about the last time I ordered my pizza. And who is he to judge me! I'm on vacation!
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

^sounds like me. But I don't deliver pizzas so probably it's not. :P

Waking up in the morning is too hard. It makes me angry at night when I know that no matter how early I go to sleep it's going to take me an hour and a half (and that's the minimum) to get out of bed or I'll wake up only to sleep to the noon. And angry in the morning because, well, that happens no matter what fine tricks I try.
              Then I grab my phone and read the news: North Korea, school shootings, racism and then, "look, we made this effing important research about how many bffs young girls have". Let me puke. Perhaps not spending most of the day asleep wasn't so bad an idea...
              baah.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                one of the pizza guys is kinda creepy. He smiles at me and eyes me weird. And he sorta hangs around a bit longer then is comfortable. He is the kind of guy who seems to feel awkward with himself. And that makes me feel awkward around him. He likes marvel (he commented on my shirt and we chatted ever so briefly about it as I signed my receipt (in the past I mean). I would love to be nicer to him, but again...creepster vibe. Not in a bad way. Just a way that says he's socially awkward and I just want my pizza and for him to not comment about the last time I ordered my pizza. And who is he to judge me! I'm on vacation!
                Next time wear a NIN shirt ... Or a MANSON ...
                I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Sounds familiar. I had some people eyeing on me in different places. The bus, the bus station, some restaurants... Creeps. I can't help but think of a secret society that spies on me.
                  Probably because of my eyes since many of you pay attention to them. Lol just kidding.
                  "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Kiddo,its just a LOT of spacey people live in the world(They "Might" be reptilians)
                    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Oh no it's the reptilians again!
                      baah.

Comment

Seeing that this is a holiday weekend and I have to work it...i posted this to my fb. I like to troll my friends and thought I would be proactive this time around.

Soooooo. Monday is Columbus Day. Sooooo...could you guys like not? Thanks. I'm getting tired of internet activists. Unless I see you on channel 5 news in some war regalia protest kindly stfu.
                        ‪#‎whitemandunyouwrongblahblah‬
                        :=I:

Of course all my friends of color (who are still not the shade of Native American) will be up in arms.
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                          I'm seeing more and more stuff on facebook about really, really elaborate holiday crafts and decorating projects. I don't think anyone I know will actually do half of them, but they repost this stuff like crazy. Is it just me, or is there suddenly this incredible pressure to make childhood insanely "magical" lately? When I was growing up, we just carved a pumpkin, put on some homemade costumes (from a pre-made Simplicity pattern, using the cheapest fabric available at Fabricland), hung a few construction paper decorations in the window and went out and got a single piece of candy at each house. Some families bought one of those screaming decorations from Kmart (we only had Kmart back then) or some fake cobwebs or something like that, but that was it. Now it seems like this race to make the front yard look like a movie set graveyard, make perfectly realistic homemade treats, give away gift bags instead of just candy, etc. I don't think it's just the Internet, either. When I was in Vancouver, this woman approached us in a store and asked if the jacket she had on looked "piratey" enough. She had armfuls of pirate-themed stuff with her. She told us she'd rented a pirate boat (one that actually sailed in the inlet...jesus) for her daughter's birthday, and she seemed REALLY concerned with it being perfect. I sort of felt bad for her, because there is no way our moms ever felt that much pressure (my mom was with me and she said the same thing...she was like, make a cake from a box, cook some hotdogs, plan a few party games like pin the tail on the donkey, GOOD ENOUGH).

So, why the pressure? I'm not even a parent and I feel slightly overwhelmed by the idea of having kids birthday parties and planning family holiday events!

Good lord yes!!! And I feel like its adults our age that are going to these extremes. Are the deluding themselves into thinking it was that magical when they were young or because they feel like they were gypped?
                          "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Seeing that this is a holiday weekend and I have to work it...i posted this to my fb. I like to troll my friends and thought I would be proactive this time around.

:=I:

Of course all my friends of color (who are still not the shade of Native American) will be up in arms.

Hubby and I just call I "National Day of Atonement".....everyone should use this day to apologize to everyone for things they didn't do, but they are associated with because of their genetic or cultural heritage. Some examples: White people apologize to back people for slavery, persons of German and Irish decent apologize to each other for the 1800s, white and black people apologize to Asian people for the transcontinental railroad, everyone apologizes to Japanese Americans for internment, men apologize to women for that voting and property business, and everyone apologizes to Native Americans because they were here first and 600 years of asshatrery...
                            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

I understand the true history, but I'm 1/2 Italian, so I was raised with Columbus Day being a big deal. So maybe I'll cook some Italian food for my Cherokee friend or something.
                              sigpic
                              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Perhaps I'm going to stay at the uni a bit longer tomorrow, just to eavesdrop the live tumblr we have there and how they go all mad about Columbus Day.
                                (The irony: most people here have probably never even heard about it...)
                                baah.

Comment

Working...
                                X