This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

I read a long thing on fb about how we should live in the moment and not form attachments, and how that's the key to happiness, because nothing's really real, etc. My aunt goes in for this kind of thinking. It seems to me to be a parallel to the Christian concept of sin and guilt - how you aren't supposed to enjoy physical things if you are spiritual, etc. However.....time has shown that human nature goes against that. And now, about the new kind of thinking - everybody is always trying to preserve everything today! Everyone has a camera with them at all times now and is constantly taking pictures/video. We keep recipies, we play the same music over and over. We ARE attached. It's also human nature. Why do people fight it so much?
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
      I understand the true history, but I'm 1/2 Italian, so I was raised with Columbus Day being a big deal. So maybe I'll cook some Italian food for my Cherokee friend or something.
      Tomorrow is my birthday. I don't want any apologies, just cake and ice cream.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Gasp,YOU are Columbus?...WOW,and ciao baby...Happy Bday pisan eat that ice cream and cake...
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
          Gasp,YOU are Columbus?...WOW,and ciao baby...
          No, I'm in Michigan. Columbus is in Ohio.
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I just realized I had a cookie for breakfast ( one of those wonderful ginger bears in the Mexican market). And Pollo loco for lunch. But I didn't really eat at crazy chicken because it was awful. But I still took my meds. And I biked home. I could not make it up the stairs. I literally stopped mid step.

So I ate a few spoonfuls of jam and a slice of watermelon.

I feel so crappy right now. Like I'm going to die. Meh.

*waits patiently for the pizza guy. :='(:
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
              I just realized I had a cookie for breakfast ( one of those wonderful ginger bears in the Mexican market). And Pollo loco for lunch. But I didn't really eat at crazy chicken because it was awful. But I still took my meds. And I biked home. I could not make it up the stairs. I literally stopped mid step.

So I ate a few spoonfuls of jam and a slice of watermelon.

I feel so crappy right now. Like I'm going to die. Meh.

*waits patiently for the pizza guy. :='(:
              UPDATE: I got sick and threw up. I had to lie down for 20 minutes after taking an alka seltzer( Those things are gifts from Satan). And now I'm feeling a bit better. But man, this sucked.
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

UPDATE: I got sick and threw up. I had to lie down for 20 minutes after taking an alka seltzer( Those things are gifts from Satan). And now I'm feeling a bit better. But man, this sucked.
                Sorry about that. Hope you get better soon!

Comment

KP and I rode to work together today cause we were both off at 10:30, at 10:30 he said he's behind because they got slamed and he'd be done by 11... it's now after midnight and he's still not done. I think I might leave him here.
                  "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                    Tomorrow is my birthday. I don't want any apologies, just cake and ice cream.
                    Happy Birthday! Have some unapologetic cake & ice cream.
                    sigpic
                    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                      Happy Birthday! Have some unapologetic cake & ice cream.
                      I shall wallow in my good fortune because good fortune is well worth a wallow.

Comment

I started Tae Kwon Do again. I decided to go back to the school I'd went to in high school so I wouldn't loose all my belts. Fine and dandy, they gave me my belts back. The school has been bought by Dugger-look-alikes... Ugh. They've got ten kids. A mini bus for transport. None of their kids have been vaccinated. Ever. They're homeschooled.

The kids seemed shocked when I seemed shocked that none of them had ever had a shot. When I told the fourteen year old to be careful because I'd just had a shot in my arm that day and didn't want to be kicked there, she literally thought I meant I had been shot by a gun. They are all sooooo sheltered. And they make up half (if not more than half) of every class. I find myself having to watch what I say lest I offend them or (OMG) teach them something their parents don't want them to know (like their god isn't the only one worshipped in the world) and get myself kicked out of the school. I don't like it.

The seventeen year old typically leads the classes I go to. The only non-minor in the family that shows up at all is the nineteen year old brother and him not often. Is it wrong that I'm afraid of being sued for a misplaced comment?
                        We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                        It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                        Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                        -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                          Is it wrong that I'm afraid of being sued for a misplaced comment?
                          Yeah - you have freedom of speech. You can't be sued unless you slander/libel, and you won't get arrested unless you incite a riot.

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                            Good lord yes!!! And I feel like its adults our age that are going to these extremes. Are the deluding themselves into thinking it was that magical when they were young or because they feel like they were gypped?
                            Yep, or a few years older (I'm 31). I just can't get it, because I think childhood was great back in the day, without all the bells and whistles. I think it's kind of like an adult pissing contest, where they see all these aspirational images and try to outdo each other. Like, "Look how much time and money I have!"

Don't get me wrong....I love making stuff and I'm really crafty. But there's a line.

Comment

Seeing that this is a holiday weekend and I have to work it...i posted this to my fb. I like to troll my friends and thought I would be proactive this time around.

:=I:

Of course all my friends of color (who are still not the shade of Native American) will be up in arms.
                              I saw that, but as an ignorant brit (not because I'm a brit, this brit just happens to live a very sheltered life), I didn't get the reference. Is columbus day seen as bad because of the whole, you know.. invasion thing...?
                              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

More it is an over the top celebration of Him "Discovering" America and even though it had a population,to the Europeans it was free land with the minor issue of it already belonging to other peoples.

So Columbus was kinda a home invader....
                                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                                X