X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    Oh I didn't know I could turn that off! Good to know.
    Yeah, you can deactivate requests to translate languages. I didn't know that for ages and it always annoyed me.

Comment

What a pisser.

Yesterday, my six cherry trees were loaded with cherries, ripe for picking.

Today, I went out to harvest, but the storm we had totally destroyed every cherry on every tree.

The absolute definition of "a pisser."
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
        Google won't let me use each sub-level domain for what it is. I google things in both English and German. I want to use google.de for German and google.com, google.co.uk, or google.ca for English. But it saves your settings now, including your language settings. So when I load google.de, it's in English and shows a preference for English search results. That's not what I want. I only use google.de for German things. But if I change my language settings to German, it will switch all of my search result preferences in English speaking countries to German.
        You can pick more than one preferred language on Google! (Somewhere in the settings, I can't remember where but I had the same problem.)
        baah.

Comment

You can pick more than one preferred language on Google! (Somewhere in the settings, I can't remember where but I had the same problem.)
          Ooo thanks! I'll look for that!

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
            What a pisser.

Today, I went out to harvest, but the storm we had totally destroyed every cherry on every tree.

I am guessing you were going to eat cherries until you dropped,OR be making cherry jam or jelly,or cherry pies..or bottling cherry juice to make a certain kind of wine...sweet cherry wine..?

Well,there is sweet cherry wine.

But there was also this..I knew I had heard of sweet cherry wine somewhere.
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
              What a pisser.

Awww that's a shame. I love fresh fruit - been getting lots of peaches, cherries, blueberries, etc. at the farmers market lately.
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                I am guessing you were going to eat cherries until you dropped,OR be making cherry jam or jelly,or cherry pies..or bottling cherry juice to make a certain kind of wine...sweet cherry wine..?
                They were sour cherries. I was lusting for pie and jam .
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Yeh,real home made jam in the middle of winter..ummmmmmmmmm

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

We still have grape and strawberry jam from last year and we have canned apricot jam already this year. The grapes and peaches will be ripe a a little more than a month and we are getting a lot of strawberries already this year. Potatoes are doing well but the sweet potatoes and tomatoes are going slow. We have onions, garlic, and cantaloupe growing nicely too. Half of the Amaranth crop didn't do much of anything but the other half is flowering so we will have some Amaranth this year too.
                    The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                    I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

I've got peaches to can (can't grow them well here - too cold), and the grapes (Concord) won't be ripe till September/October. Looking forward to pears, also.

I oughtta do something with the gobs of rhubarb, other than make the occassional pie...
                      Last edited by B. de Corbin; 10 Jul 2016, 08:33.

Comment

Rhubarb makes a great jam!
                        The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                        I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

I love Rhubarb pie,did not know it could make Jam as well.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Have to admit I get irritated when I open a page for an article or item I am interested in reading about but have to wait forever it seems due to all the adds and crap on the page. Seems like more and more sites have a small section of the screen dedicated to the actual article and the other 90 percent is add or other pup-ups that take forever to load. The each following page its the same again as you wait for all the stuff to load. Even to the point of freezing the page because of the speed of the various servers and such that host the various adds or add links.

Don't know how many times i've given up reading simply because all the pop-ups and add's on the darn page.
                            I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                              Have to admit I get irritated when I open a page for an article or item I am interested in reading about but have to wait forever it seems due to all the adds and crap on the page. Seems like more and more sites have a small section of the screen dedicated to the actual article and the other 90 percent is add or other pup-ups that take forever to load. The each following page its the same again as you wait for all the stuff to load. Even to the point of freezing the page because of the speed of the various servers and such that host the various adds or add links.

Don't know how many times i've given up reading simply because all the pop-ups and add's on the darn page.
                              Ad blockers are your friend. I use one built for firefox but others exist. Given that ads are a convenient source of malware, finding a decent free one to lock your browser down with is a good idea on a number of levels.
                              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Then you run into the argument from Advertisers that ad blockers stifle things because "Revenue" covers sites..and it does make sense when they don't over do things. There should be a balance for ads..and then the advertisers would not catch so much venom..But greed slips in,and so ad blocker to the rescue.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                                X