Is Wrestling Real Or Fake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is Wrestling Real Or Fake?

I agree that professional wrestlers train and build muscle and bone strength. They have to in order to do what they do. On the other hand they train for and choreograph The fights to limit accidents and injuries. They are stunt men and women doing stunts that are well thought out and well choreographed to please an ever evolving audience. The punches that are thrown are pulled and the results planned ahead of time. There are accidents and injuries but the wrestling match is fake. There is very little actual fighting. It is mostly an elaborate dance routine that sometimes goes wrong.
    "Professional wrestling" is not wrestling. I wrestled in highschool and that is wrestling. I have watched college wrestling and that is real wrestling. The stunts that make up "Professional wrestling" would not be allowed in a real wrestling match. Most would get you disqualified the first time you tried it.
    The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
    I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Re: Is Wrestling Real Or Fake?

TV wrestling is heavily choreographed and deeply scripted. In that sense it is fake. The fact TV wrestlers have died doesn't mean diddly squat. Accidents happen, even on film sets. The fact people can get hurt doesn't mean there is anything spontaneous about it.

I admit that sometimes they have to ad lib, but only because they have to, so I don't really see how that counts.
      I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
      Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
      But that day you know I left my money
      And I thought of you only
      All that copper glowing fine

Comment

Working...
      X