World War 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: World War 3

Think about this,we battle among ourselves all the time to keep our country from shredding itself,we have had riots in major cities many times in our recent past.
    Go back to the 70's and look at the radical groups that bombed a lot(Weathermen,SDS,,SLA,and others) You think other countries is all we have to think about?

Lighten up..we are NOT your parents,just your friends with lives of our own...Almost forgot one guy blew up a freaking Federal building(One of our own veterans BTW)
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Anu, there is no connection between your being my friends and the subject. What you said can be applied to Israel as well. It's been battling with similar stuff from its very creation. The US users of the forum stand up for the US when the time comes. Vent about it too. Same for Germany. It's only fair for me to do the same with Israel. Anyway, back to the subject... We slid off it a bit.
      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Ok,I live here,and can see how public trends go. Trust me when I say our citizens can be VERY isolationist sometimes. We tried VERY hard to stay out of WW2,until the Japanese attacked us.
        Because we are a democrat,we could swing ether way at the drop of a hat. The US is known for at times being kinda an asshat country. It has even been talked about leaving the UN from time to time. We do not all agree on many things,and there was the quote about the sleeping Giant..we might just wake up feeling like turning half the world into a smoking desert,and then go back to sleep..(sorry Mask,just a little tired)

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I know I just recently posted part of this quote in the Paris thread, but I feel it also holds bearing here, in a discussion about a global conflict.

Brothers will fight
          and kill each other,
          sisters' children
          will defile kinship.
          It is harsh in the world,
          whoredom rife

—an axe age, a sword age
          —shields are riven—
          a wind age, a wolf age—
          before the world goes headlong.
          No man will have
          mercy on another

Perhaps, in a way, the words regarding Ragnarok are correct, and it already has been put into motion. Think of it not in literals, but in symbolism. It is a battle of divine beings against each other, that spreads through to affect mankind. Is that not where we are today? Gods are at war with each other, through their followers, as Islam, Christianity, and all the rest vie and struggle for their place. God against God, leading to Man against Man. And then there is talk of how children will strike out against their parents, and siblings against each other. Ideologies, religious sects, political parties, are all in strife with each other, with families divided between those imaginary, abstract lines. I have been party to heated arguments that have come close to ruining family gatherings, there have been news reports of deaths caused, all because of disagreements over these things.

It sates itself on the life-blood
          of fated men,
          paints red the powers' homes
          with crimson gore.
          Black become the sun's beams
          in the summers that follow,
          weathers all treacherous

It is a time where the holder of the biggest stick is the one who claims the power. Think of the "wind" and the "wolf" as nuclear weaponry, as the wolf was often seen as a symbol of great hunger and with the capability to devour all within it's path, never stopping and always wanting more (two wolves chase the sun and the moon, even Geri and Freki are "Greedy" and "Ravenous"). Black sun, the sky clouded with the dust of destruction, weather becoming deadly with fallout and radiation.

Many religions claim such a thing is to come, and some, like the words in the Voluspa and Gylfaginning, tend to get specific with things that when looked at can be easily applied to today's world. As was said, again in the Paris thread:

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
          Yes. Wisdom is scattered in the wind, and no man is able to assemble it.

Comment

Wow,can we be a little MORE depressed,and wait...isn't the world still spinning and the sun still shining?...wow it is morning,and I am still alive,and pissing people off..what a good day to be alive!!!!!!!

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

every other generation had thought that the end is nigh...

We focus on events like this, and then we magnify them because of the way or media works, and we think all there are are problems...and then the end is nigh, or about to be so.

But when you look at the per capita, over history long view timeline of the world, we are getting more peaceful.

The past 8 years are either a statistical anomaly or the beginning of a new trend...but I tend to think statistical anomaly. We have the ability, globally, to dismantle ISIL, etc. What we lack is the will to do so. The biggest threat (statistically speaking) to peace are non-standard actors. The increase (both perceived and actual) in violence globally is because of increased regional violence becoming more so, and spillover into peaceful nations that are becoming actually more peaceful.

Which makes the shock of events like this all the more shocking.

But hopefully motivating.
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Much of our current issues are due to fanatics who see themselves as bringers on of prophecies from varied Abrahamic groups(and yes some Christian groups included) are trying to kick start the end of days as viewed by their beliefs. Not so much a criticism,as a statement,if it is to come,it will come on its own,and needs no human aid.

So,as a singer once sang,don't worry,be happy.

Yup,here it is.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

WW 3? Sure thing. I don't think it will be with guns and bombs though. Modern warfare has a bit more finesse.
                  Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                  Economic warfare is far less destructive and far more successful (i.e.: profitable).
                  Agreed.

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
                  The next war will not be a war against people but a war against technology.
                  Agreed.

And let's throw some biochemical warfare in there for good measure.

I hope to high Heavens I get raptured before then.

Comment

I always think of this song in the late and chilly hours.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                      I think it has already begun against the terrorist groups. We just didn't notice yet.
                      I can agree with this too! ISIL has definitely declared war on everything. I don't think it's about religion at all but politics only with religion as a ruse. There's a clip that shows the global spread of Islam and Christianity. At one point, it really could have gone either way. Maybe some people are looking for a return to that time when power was theirs and the world could be shaped to fit their ideologies.

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                        Every country in the world has its own internal bs going on. However the US doesn't battle for its own existence 24/7. Does it, now?
                        Actually, yes, but not in a blatant manner. We may not have bombings every day but our infrastructure is crumbling, poverty is growing, jobs are still leaving, etc. In my adult life the ratio of pay to housing has changed dramatically. We have people working full time who cannot rent an apartment. Health care is a growing nightmare. Our propaganda isn't going to show you the coal mining towns in the Appalachians or the ramshackle trailers in the Ozarks. We have many areas dominated by religious extremists. Once you come in a couple hundred miles from the coasts, it's a real eye-opener.
                        sigpic
                        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

As I also mentioned,we are not that shining city on the hill. We are and can be one of the worst places from time to time,many in Europe will not visit because of our reputation for violence.

Some in other countries view us as savage and reckless and cowboys when it comes to shooting first,and asking questions last. We can be your best friend one day,and your worst enemy the next.
                          USA,USA!!,USA!!!!!...Hay,you talking to me?,YOU TALKING TO ME!!!!!...No one else here,you must be talking to ME!!!!!!!!!!!:devil::angel::wtf:

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I'm fairly optimistic. War has continually become obsolete. ISIS, our apparent biggest military threat, is no threat other than the random terrorist attack. Putin, though militarily expanding his influence can do little more than posture while Russia's economy continues to tank. Meanwhile, in the East, Chine has their regional power struggles but as an emerging superpower and a booming economy a war with any one of consequence is most definitely not on the agenda. And North Korea would be utterly crushed in any open conflict and they know it. China will not step in this time.

Pakistan and India remain a question mark but Id wager against a nuclear conflict. Everything is not as bad as it looks on CNN.

Comment

I worry that the tragic incident in Paris is what will trigger the US and other Western countries to start a massive unnecessary war with the Middle East in general.
                              Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
                                I worry that the tragic incident in Paris is what will trigger the US and other Western countries to start a massive unnecessary war with the Middle East in general.
                                One of the new articles I had read regarding it had mentioned potential discussions as to whether or not the attack was to be seen as a declaration of war.

Comment

Working...
                                X