X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anunitu
    replied
    Re: Sociopaths: Can They Be Cured

An interesting thing I learned being around some people with PTSD,it seems that the damage is not completely mental,but real physical changes are etched into the brain,so it is not just memory of violent action,but physical change of the brain,why it is so hard to treat.

Leave a comment:

• Herbert
    replied

Even if it could be cured, should it be cured? While it is certainly a detriment in modern society, should you really muck around with people's personalities like that, especially if it's a reasonably manageable case?

Beyond that, it's a chemical/wiring whosiwhatsit, involving the most complex part of the human body. We might be able to cure it in a few decades, but certainly not now (and it will likely be a very expensive sort of curing, if/when it does occur).

Leave a comment:

• EndlessCravings
    replied

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
    Generally a sociopath may be that way because of a defective brain(Damaged or non functioning part) Being a physical problem,it may not be possible to alter the behavior.
    They may not have ANY empathy or compassion in any form.

Sauce
    Or a traumatic childhood, which could cause enough stress that it damages the part of the brain that interconnects with emotions.

Leave a comment:

• anunitu
    replied

Generally a sociopath may be that way because of a defective brain(Damaged or non functioning part) Being a physical problem,it may not be possible to alter the behavior.
    They may not have ANY empathy or compassion in any form.

Sauce

Leave a comment:

• habbalah
    replied

At current, antisocial personality disorder doesn't have a lot of effective treatments. I don't know if it can be cured any more than any other mental illness, but can be handled.

Leave a comment:

• EndlessCravings
    replied

I meant a one on one debate, but this is fine.

Leave a comment:

• Bartmanhomer
    started a topic Sociopaths: Can They Be Cured

Sociopaths: Can They Be Cured

EndlessCraving have requested me to do a debate on Sociopaths. Can they be cured? In my opinion I believe it's a possibly that sociopaths can be cured? It's does sounds like a long shot but I believe that sociopaths can changed their ways. What do you think?
Working...
X