X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats everyone reading now or read lately

Originally posted by Nightingale View Post
    Enjolras is my favorite too! He's also the one I identify with the most. I love everything about his character. I love everything about Les Mis actually, movie and musical both.
    And Viktore is a wonderful name for a bassoon I think!
    Mmmmm, he is so idealistic. He cares so deeply. He is focused and unconcerned with petty dramas as he keeps his eyes on the prize. He didn't care what was feasible, only what was right. He butted heads with friends (Marius as he was all atwitter with Cosette, which, by the way, was a little creepy to me) if he didn't think that they were dedicated enough. Yes. Yes. Yes Yes. Yes. Mmmmmmmmf. Enjolras.

I like you already, lady.
    No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
      Finished my 3rd round of The Satanic Witch just to make sure I have a decent understanding of the ideas.

Now am slowly picking through The Satanic Bible. With books like these, I don't like to rush, so I am also supplementing my frivolity with Darkly Dreaming Dexter.
      I picked up the Satanic Bible too. Don't have the Satanic Witch though. Hubby doesn't like/understand my reading it...

Is Darkly Dreaming Dexter the book that the TV series is based on?

OMG. Me too. I named my bassoon Viktore (I was a dark snowflake for a long time but refuse to change his name) out of love for Victor Hugo. Enjolras is my absolute favorite character. I even like the musical!
      ALL my instruments are named... I'm feeling really lost atm because my upright doesn't have a name, and I've had him for a year already!
      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
      Seen the desert and the birds
      You cut your hair short
      Like a shush to an insult
      The world had been yelling
      Since the day you were born
      Revolting with anger
      While it smiled like it was cute
      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
        I picked up the Satanic Bible too. Don't have the Satanic Witch though. Hubby doesn't like/understand my reading it...
        Medusa was kind enough to post a free and safe PDF of The Satanic Witch on the "Which Witch is Which?" thread, here ya go!

Is Darkly Dreaming Dexter the book that the TV series is based on?
        YES!

ALL my instruments are named... I'm feeling really lost atm because my upright doesn't have a name, and I've had him for a year already!
        All instruments deserve names! I like either silly names for big things (I assume you're referring to a standup bass) like "Little John," or very fancy names, like "Miles."
        No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Medusa was kind enough to post a free and safe PDF of The Satanic Witch on the "Which Witch is Which?" thread, here ya go!

http://cdn.preterhuman.net/texts/rel...ic%20Witch.pdf
          TA! Hubby will be thrilled :P

YES!
          Excellent.

All instruments deserve names! I like either silly names for big things (I assume you're referring to a standup bass) like "Little John," or very fancy names, like "Miles."
          Nah, upright piano, but I agree on the silly names for big things! If I ever come up with the right name, I will let you know... How bout Mozart? :P

RIP

You cut your hair short
          Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Mmmmm, he is so idealistic. He cares so deeply. He is focused and unconcerned with petty dramas as he keeps his eyes on the prize. He didn't care what was feasible, only what was right. He butted heads with friends (Marius as he was all atwitter with Cosette, which, by the way, was a little creepy to me) if he didn't think that they were dedicated enough. Yes. Yes. Yes Yes. Yes. Mmmmmmmmf. Enjolras.

I like you already, lady.
            8D! Yay!

ENJOLRAS. Omg, I could go on for days about how wonderful he is. But I won't. ... unless you want me to.

I cosplayed as a genderbent Enjolras for Halloween this year. My boyfriend was Combeferre. It was amazing XD.

- - - Updated - - -

I name all my things. My car, all my electronics, my collection of assorted knives, my pepper spray, and my clarinets back when I had them. I had two.

Comment

My car has a name too. Then my friend named her kid the same name... and it's not a totally usual name either!

RIP

You cut your hair short
              Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

I'm reading the forum, for a change.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I've accepted that I'm a fangirl for the Farseer and Tawny Man trilogies, so I've just gotten started on another trilogy from Robin Hobb. I hope I like it as much as the previous ones...

Comment

Originally posted by Raphaeline View Post
                    I've accepted that I'm a fangirl for the Farseer and Tawny Man trilogies, so I've just gotten started on another trilogy from Robin Hobb. I hope I like it as much as the previous ones...
                    Farseer and Tawny Man are amazing Easily some of the best fantasy series of the last few decades, nobody writes complex and believable characters like Hobb does.

Which trilogy are you starting next? To be honest, none of her other work quite matches the quality of the Fitz books, but Liveship Traders are a solid and engaging read. Soldier's Son didn't do much for me and I gave up during the first book. Haven't read the latest series about the dragons yet though.

Comment

I have just started on the first Percy Jackson book. I have seen the two films, and liked them, so I figured I would give the books a go as well.
                      http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Yay. Finally finished Pygmy by Chuck Pahalniuk. I don't even have to look up how to spell his name anymore after all the books I've been listening to. But I'm taking a break from him to go back to a good old fave author of mine, Anne Rice. I started today Angel Time. Hope it's good! I feel I'm going to burn through this one rather quickly. Anything about seraphs and anything by Rice is always good.
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Aeran View Post
                          Farseer and Tawny Man are amazing Easily some of the best fantasy series of the last few decades, nobody writes complex and believable characters like Hobb does.

Which trilogy are you starting next? To be honest, none of her other work quite matches the quality of the Fitz books, but Liveship Traders are a solid and engaging read. Soldier's Son didn't do much for me and I gave up during the first book. Haven't read the latest series about the dragons yet though.
                          I just started Liveship Traders. It's not bad so far - only about 8 chapters in. I think I only picked it up because it's as close as I could get to more Fitz books until August (I can't wait for the next trilogy!), but I am enjoying it. She does write some great complex characters, doesn't she??

Comment

I'm reading "The Impersonal Life" I'm not sure if its written by a rambling insane man, or a true prophet.
                            White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                            sigpic
                            In Days of yore,
                            From Britain's shore
                            Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                            And planted firm Britannia's flag
                            On Canada's fair domain.
                            Here may it wave,
                            Our boast, our pride
                            And joined in love together,
                            The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                            The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Finished all the Drizzt books.

They were good. But the series tapered off in the middle, and picked up toward the end.
                              If I had been reading them as they were released, I probably would have given up on them at some point... but being on the late-comer end, knowing that the series has a strong fanbase, and knowing that the series is finished, I had motivation to muscle through the weak spots.

Overall, I enjoyed it.

I'll probably re-read them... eventually.

Right now:
                              Re-reading "The God Delusion" by Richard Dawkins (for the 3rd time) and "Starplex" by Robert J. Sawyer (for the 2nd time).
                              "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Just spent the last few hours reading study findings, where there were any, regarding The Gateway Theory versus the Common Liability Model. Took notes on some potential infrastructure development. Browsed through no less than a dozen medical journals, or editions thereof. And cruised through 15 years of statistics, where I could find them. All in preparation for writing a letter.

Though, it kinda sounds like I might be writing a book.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Working...
                                X