X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats everyone reading now or read lately

So I have listened to the following over the last week:
    Jonathan Maberry: The Countdown. And also his audiobook Zero Tolerance. So that tied up any loose strings to Patient Zero.

I also listened to Fangoria's Dread Time Tales. Awesomely gory!

And now to a real audiobook. I'm going to be tied up in Dan Brown's Inferno. Which I am sure to love since Dante's Inferno is my fave piece of prose!

2014 audiobook list so far
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Still listening to 'Inferno'. But I found another zombie book available at the library! Flu by Wayne Simmons. A zombie virus breaks out in Ireland in the form of the flu. I finished it in two days. It was a very short book. Only 8 hours. So I'm now listening to its sequel *which so far is more like its prequel* called 'Fever'.

Comment

I just finished:

It was an interesting read, although the chapters were a bit disconnected and I skipped one because he provided absolutely no context to who he was travelling with and speaking to, but overall it was an interesting look into the mindset and worldview of the type of people we usually just write off as 'tin foil conspiracy nuts.'

Currently working my way through:

And not sure what my opinion of it is yet.

Comment

I finally finished Dance with Dragons!

....but now I don't know what to read! :/

Mostly art.

Comment

The Hawaii Tribune & Herald, according to which they are working on turning wasted papayas into biofuel. Awesome, except that it's costing $50 million, so it'll cost we the people quite a bit too, for a while at least.
            Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
            -Erik Erikson

Comment

I finished Wayne Simmons Fever. Great listen. Tense and fast paced. I hope there is a third book. So for now I'm still waiting for my other zombie book to come off the waiting list. I'm back to listening to Dan Brown's Inferno.

*though Grapes of Wrath just came available. Let's see me do both.

2014 audiobook list

Comment

Wuthering Heights, by Emilie Bronte

Mostly art.

Comment

Finally finished Berlin 1961. It took me 13 days. I've been sick since Sunday so I didn't read since then. I am now starting Area 51.
                  Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

13 Doctors, 13 Stories. Good stuff! I read Neil Gaiman's first and then went back to the first story lol...
                    hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Currently reading Jane Eyre. When that's done I want to read V for Vendetta, but I also want to read Les Mis again...

And I need to read the rest of John Green's works (I've read the Fault in Our Stars, but that's it)

Comment

I subscribed to mental_floss magazine recently and just got my first issue in the mail. Apparently there is a plant that eats sheep. Awesome.
                        Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                        -Erik Erikson

Comment

Darkly Dreaming Dexter.

The book is quick and refreshing, something easily read but still written well enough. I read it at training class when I'm done with the modules.
                          No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Some book I can't recall the name of about an out-of-shape british bloke who decides to tour the Tour de France. It's 'effing hilarious.

Mostly art.

Comment

V-Wars by Jonathan Maberry. Well one story is by him. He edited it. It's an anthology of vampire stories based upon one event. So though all the stories are by different authors, it's all set in the same universe. And the characters intertwine with each other.

What would happen if vampires were real? What if a virus that was trapped in the Antarctica became live again? What if that virus affected people like the flu. Then you get well and go about your day. But the virus actually triggered your junk dna to kick in and activate. And suddenly you were a vampire. But not just any vampire. You were a vampire based on the myths of your ethnic heritage. The virus tapped into your junk dna, activated the vampire dna and based on your ancestry, you became a real vampire.

It's a totally cool idea. It's a kin to the way World War Z was written. It's fast paced and I'm hooked!

Comment

FUC Bunny and the Bear.
                                "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Working...
                                X