This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats everyone reading now or read lately

"How to treat yourself and people or daily practical psychology", by Nikolay Kozlov

- - - Updated - - -

It's a pretty useful book, and a bit funny.
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Finished V Wars. Awesome sauce! Will Wheaton is one of the narrators.

Now I just listened to Deep, Dark by Jonathan Maberry. A quick 50 minute audio story that sets up his next book. And now I'm listening to that. It's called Dragon Factory. Pretty much some mad scientist decide to play dna mixologists in their labs. Making super human race of soldiers etc. One group which were given gene 'therapy' in the form of cockroach genes. Oh yeah. This ones a goody!

2014 Audiobook List thus far
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I'm reading "fariest of all" atm. the book reveals the story of the evil queen from the snow white movie.

I'm addicted with villains and I love their backgroundstories (after all, we're not born evil, it's made)

Comment

Originally posted by Lady_Levaenen View Post
          I'm reading "fariest of all" atm. the book reveals the story of the evil queen from the snow white movie.

I'm addicted with villains and I love their backgroundstories (after all, we're not born evil, it's made)
          Sounds cool. I'm addicted to history. I've been addicted to history for a while now.
          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Currently starting to read the Chemical Garden trilogy by Lauren DeStefano. So far the back story is interesting. Unlike a lot of stories where you have a "here's a genetic cure for everything, oh shit, now no one's dying-cue overpopulation wtf are we gunna do" she's made it that the first generation of the cure is living just fine, but suddenly second generation cure on, no one lives past 25.

Once old enough to have kids of their own girls are getting grabbed off the streets trying to keep humans still alive and find a cure to the curse that is the genetic cure.

Haven't gotten more than the first two-three chapters into it yet, but so far I'm enjoying it. Got the whole trilogy for only $9 cause Books-A-Million was doing a $1-$3-$5 sale on stuff
            Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
            Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
            sigpic

Comment

Finished Jonathan Maberry's The Dragon Factory. Then a quick Maberry story called Dog Days. And now I'm listening to his The King of Plagues.
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Finished reading Area 51 by Annie Jacobsen and am now reading The Battle of the Tanks.
                Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

The third installment of Mr. King's collection Four Past Midnight, "The Library Policeman." I thought it would be silly but I'm finding it gripping.
                  Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                  -Erik Erikson

Comment

Rereading The Unicorn Chronicles by Bruce Coville. Need to reorder the 3rd one though cause apparently its out of stock. I forgot how much I missed this series til I found it on Half Price Books
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yorin View Post
                      Rereading The Unicorn Chronicles by Bruce Coville. Need to reorder the 3rd one though cause apparently its out of stock. I forgot how much I missed this series til I found it on Half Price Books
                      Whats this series about, Yorin?
                      hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Originally posted by Malflick View Post
                        Whats this series about, Yorin?
                        Unicorns no longer live on Earth-thousands of years ago they escaped to a parallel world called Luster. Several hundreds of years back from where the book takes place this girl called Beloved was ungodly sick and her dad stuck her in a forest to attract a unicorn. In the process of trying to heal her, her dad attacked the unicorn and the tip of its horn broke off into her heart and its constantly both healing and causing her a crap ton of pain. Fight breaks out, dad gets killed, and she swears revenge against every unicorn for forever and makes her entire family line Hunters.

Skip forward to the "now". Main character is called Cara, and her grandmother is named Ivy, also known to everyone on Luster as "The Wanderer". Hunter suddenly starts following and attacking them, so grandmother sends Cara into Luster to find the Queen of the Unicorns and tell her that they need help.

Book 1 is finding the Queen, Book 2 is getting back to Earth and trying to find her Grandmother, and I honestly can't remember what books 3 and 4 are lol.

Its a stupidly easy read to be honest, meant for middleschool at highest difficulty. But I really loved it-it shows a different side to the whole Unicorn mythology rather than all fluff and rainbows.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yorin View Post
                          Sarah's Unicorn by Bruce Coville is my favourite childhood book.

Mostly art.

Comment

Currently knee deep in two good 'uns.
                            The Sacred Depths of Nature by Ursula Goodenough, and Rabid by Bill Wasik and Monica Murphy.

Comment

Speaking of childhood favorites I always loved Curious George and the man in the yellow hat..
                              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I was an R.L. Stein kid.
                                Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                                -Erik Erikson

Comment

Working...
                                X