X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats everyone reading now or read lately

Just started...[ATTACH=CONFIG]4526[/ATTACH
    Attached Files
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Just got done with Dance in the Vampire Bund collection 1-3. Excellent. Now $20 more dollars for the next one.

Working my way, slowly, through Practical Solitary Magic by Nancy B. Watson and Evolutionary Witchcraft by T. Thorne Coyle.

And random short kindle books with KindleUnlimited. What a brilliant invention!

Comment

I'm reading "Phantasmagoria" which is the companion book to the Tarot of Vampyres. Sounds like a total novelty - which I have a thing for anyway but it's very in-depth (300 pages) and gives some unique perspectives. I'm completely into it. It's a great deck for Shadow work - at least for me. Not that a classic deck wouldn't be. And, of course, I dig the artwork and symbolism.

Comment

Well since Scarlet Gospels went up in a giant pile of poopy, I'm now listening to Vacation by Matthew Costello. A different take on the zombie story. Good times. Zombies, you never let me down.

*though I've decided while browsing on-line, I will still listen to The Scarlet Gospels via my desktop app. Just because I can easily listen through what's already been and put the pieces back in order. Le Sigh.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Browsing through this. It's a booklet on traditional Finnish religion. Quite fascinating and covers a lot of different subjects.
            baah.

Comment

Back into Lord of The Rings which I started a little. Still early on Fellowship of the Rings, but it looks about a fifth of the way.
              I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
              Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
              But that day you know I left my money
              And I thought of you only
              All that copper glowing fine

Comment

Alert by James Patterson & Michael Ledwidge - 1/4 through
                My Life on the Road by Gloria Steinem - just started
                Bazaar of Bad Dream by Stephen King- almost 1/2 through
                sigpic
                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

My last audiobook was quick. Only took me 3 days. Wasn't prepared for my next one. So I'm going way way back in time. The Vampire Lestat! This is going to be a long one.

Comment

I have no idea what it is about Ann Rice but it takes me forever to read her books. I love reading them but I feel myself drudging through them. I can read most 400-500 page books in about 6 hours, give or take. But her stuff takes me days upon days.
                    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                      I have no idea what it is about Ann Rice but it takes me forever to read her books. I love reading them but I feel myself drudging through them. I can read most 400-500 page books in about 6 hours, give or take. But her stuff takes me days upon days.
                      Me too! I love her, but I seem to be getting nowhere. Her vampire books at least. I've read some other stuff by her that was very easily read.
                      You remind me of the babe
                      What babe?
                      The babe with the power
                      What power?
                      The Power of voodoo
                      Who do?
                      You do!
                      Do what?
                      Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Try audiobooks. This English Frenchy narrator's voice is awesome.

Comment

I will check those out.
                          "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

How do you find time for audiobooks? I got a few audiobooks recently but I don't seem to have time. (They are on CDs.)
                            baah.

Comment

How do you find time for audiobooks? I got a few audiobooks recently but I don't seem to have time. (They are on CDs.)
                              I download mp3s from the library. I put them on my tiny Sandisk mp3 player. Where do I find time?
                              On the way to and from work on my bike. 20 minutes both ways
                              Doing my closing paperwork at work, 30 minutes.
                              Misc daily chores. Browsing on my laptop at night.
                              And when I go to bed about an hour or more just listening. And of course getting ready for work.
                              20 minute chunks throughout the day have the time going by really fast.

Because I'm so antisocial, my headphones are always on my ears.

Comment

Just an fyi tip about books. Did you know you can 'follow' any author on Amazon? You will then get updates on the latest books they release!

Comment

Working...
                                X