X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats everyone reading now or read lately

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
    it's been a long time since I've read those but I've pretty much read all of them that she's written that far in the series. I'll probably finish the series just to see how its written butI'm sort of the opinion that it jumps the shark around the third or fourth book
    Why do they do that... I have read a few that are freakin amazing the first few books and then the longer they go the worse they get. Leave it on a high note. I've really enjoyed the first one so far though
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Finished Home by Matthew Costello. I'm sure this is going to be turned into a series!

And now for my Christmas gift. Mira Grant's third (and I hope not final) Parasitology trilogy called Chimera. Omg. It's so good. I'm going to blow through this in about 3 days. I just can't stop.

The worms! The worms!!!
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

As to favorite authors doing a bad book from time to time,I read a book by Peirs Anthony..generally a VERY good writer,BUT one book(name was green something) first half was very good,but at the end it went south fast. What I think happened was his publisher pushed for the book hard,and he just hacked the ending. It was the only book by him that I found kinda off.
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

T. Thorn Coyle's blog.
          I used to have huge prejudices against her but dang, so far she seems brilliant!
          baah.

Comment

The worms were awesome!

Now onto second audiobook of the year, Amp by Daniel H Wilson. It's already breaking my heart.

Comment

Comment

it's been a long time since I've read those but I've pretty much read all of them that she's written that far in the series. I'll probably finish the series just to see how its written butI'm sort of the opinion that it jumps the shark around the third or fourth book
                I agree. I'll probably do the same, but I'm just not enjoying them as much as I enjoyed the first 3 books. I'm up to the 5th now and I'm not even really sure what the point of the 5th book was.

Comment

I adored A Season in Hell. It's just a bit trippy.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                    I agree. I'll probably do the same, but I'm just not enjoying them as much as I enjoyed the first 3 books. I'm up to the 5th now and I'm not even really sure what the point of the 5th book was.
                    Your totally killin my dreams of anything more then 3 being good. Not going to lie I have lost interest since you guys said it stopped being good. I just don't want to vest my time only to be disappointed.
                    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                      I adored A Season in Hell. It's just a bit trippy.
                      I've heard so many good things about this book! Symbolism is one of my favourite literary movements, so I guess I'll choose this one. Also, I've already read many Lovecraft's stories, maybe it's time to take a break.

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                        Your totally killin my dreams of anything more then 3 being good. Not going to lie I have lost interest since you guys said it stopped being good. I just don't want to vest my time only to be disappointed.
                        Read the first one, it is phenomenal. And then read the second and the third. Stop there, and you will be fine--it really is a fantastic series and has a tidy enough ending that you never need to read the rest, and you can fantasize whatever you want after that without getting overly complicated.
                        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

Read the first one, it is phenomenal. And then read the second and the third. Stop there, and you will be fine--it really is a fantastic series and has a tidy enough ending that you never need to read the rest, and you can fantasize whatever you want after that without getting overly complicated.
                          I'm off friday I will pick it back up then. I really have enjoyed it so far. I just don't want to be disappointed. I have never forgiven Sarah Douglas from breaking my heart with her Wayfarer Redemption series. So I will finish 1 and then read 2 and 3 and stop.

Comment

Reading Green Witchcraft and Gutenberg's Apprentice.
                            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                              Awwww sorry! You know, they're not bad. I still kind of enjoy the later books, and I'll keep reading. I just sort of agree with Thal that she sort of lost the point of the original books.

I'll say one thing about the later books, though. I learned a lot about making stuff and growing and storing food! They're sort of interesting for historical details like that. You can tell that she put a lot of time and effort into researching 18th century daily life.

- - - Updated - - -

Or this. As a trilogy, they actually work pretty well.

Comment

It's alright, I will finish it, and of course I need to start gutenberg's apprentice

Comment

Working...
                                X