X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

Nice, Danie!

Also, what usually tends to make me smile is usually any time I go to a Pagan gathering, or a Pagan Pride for that matter! I remember the Pagan Pride last year... That has to be one of the most happiest days of my entire life. It was also where I met Lynda and Ginger from Velvet Hammer. Best. Day. Ever. <3

I can list a huge list of things that have made me smile. But I'll narrow it down to this: It is, most of all, my friends and family who make me smile.

Comment

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!

Jon Stewart with Bassem Yousseff!

[4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
        LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!

EXCELLENNNTTTTT!!!! I can't watch it at the moment, but this should be some good viewing for later. Thank you!
        hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

That. Was. Awesome!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

My dustox is so pretty in PMU :'D
            .... this was like the high point of my day.
            Circe

Comment

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!

I love how jon keeps saying the same things... its kinda funny... but yeah, that's awesome...
              http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
              ~Jim Butcher

Comment

D, what is Jon saying in the beginning? And what is Bassem saying about Jon to the audience?
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                  D, what is Jon saying in the beginning? And what is Bassem saying about Jon to the audience?
                  Jon keeps saying Thanks (shukran), Enough (khalas) and Sit down (o'udu). He also says something and I think he means, I don't like to be elevated, whatever that means.

Bassem is like, I'm going to introduce you, and then says in Arabic, "they say about him that's he's the Bassem Youssef of America. And he's totally ripping me off!"

It's funny because it's the other way round, Bassem is always described as Egypt's Jon Stewart, and he admits that he based his show on Jon Stewart and that he's his number one inspiration.

Comment

Jon keeps saying Thanks (shukran), Enough (khalas) and Sit down (o'udu). He also says something and I think he means, I don't like to be elevated, whatever that means.

Bassem is like, I'm going to introduce you, and then says in Arabic, "they say about him that's he's the Bassem Youssef of America. And he's totally ripping me off!"

It's funny because it's the other way round, Bassem is always described as Egypt's Jon Stewart, and he admits that he based his show on Jon Stewart and that he's his number one inspiration.

I thought it wwas something like that...but now that I know for sure, its way funnier!!
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

I just watched this with my family-- Hilarious, also inspiring. Jon Stewarts remarks about "You don't have a regime if you can't take a joke" (paraphrasing) were brilliant.
                      hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Originally posted by Malflick View Post
                        I just watched this with my family-- Hilarious, also inspiring. Jon Stewarts remarks about "You don't have a regime if you can't take a joke" (paraphrasing) were brilliant.
                        Yeah, he made some great comments!

Comment

Hell yeah! GREAT comments!

And Bassem with his, "my advice: don't eat these." I almost fell out of my chair! LOL

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                            Hell yeah! GREAT comments!

And Bassem with his, "my advice: don't eat these." I almost fell out of my chair! LOL
                            Now I feel bad for actually LOVING most of the plates he put in front of him.

Comment

Now I feel bad for actually LOVING most of the plates he put in front of him.

Oh, no. It's not that, it's the hilarious "conflict", basically, between the two cultures and some of their eats, that Bassem tells Jon, "don't eat it."

Seriously. Food is food. Every culture has their own sort of traditional dishes. America (US of A) is junk food, pretty much.

Reverse the roles, Jon advising Bassem to avoid eating hotdogs, pickled eggs and grease burgers. It's funny as hell!

GOOD food, loved by millions... er, don't eat it!

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                                Oh, no. It's not that, it's the hilarious "conflict", basically, between the two cultures and some of their eats, that Bassem tells Jon, "don't eat it."
                                Oh I know! Was just joking.

Comment

Working...
                                X