X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
    Oh, no. It's not that, it's the hilarious "conflict", basically, between the two cultures and some of their eats, that Bassem tells Jon, "don't eat it."

Seriously. Food is food. Every culture has their own sort of traditional dishes. America (US of A) is junk food, pretty much.

Reverse the roles, Jon advising Bassem to avoid eating hotdogs, pickled eggs and grease burgers. It's funny as hell!

GOOD food, loved by millions... er, don't eat it!
    Indeed . I'd love to try nearly all of that! (maybe not the testicles, but who knows.)
    hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Originally posted by Malflick View Post
      Indeed . I'd love to try nearly all of that! (maybe not the testicles, but who knows.)

Absolutely!

When I was a kid, my grandfather happened to instill the basic premise of "at least try it". In the sense of new discoveries of great tasting dishes. "How do you know you don't like it, if you haven't even tasted it?" I took that lesson to it's highest peaks, and still will. Spinach dip is really good on brownies. Guacamole goes good with eggrolls. Anchovies on a pizza aren't bad at all. BBQ sauce and sour cream on a baked potato is heavenly.

Yeah, I'd even try the testicles.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

You should, some of that stuff is really delicious!

Though, describing what some of that stuff is might put you off. I love mumbar which is sheep's intestine stuffed with rice. Doesn't sound nice, but I love it!
        [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
          Absolutely!

When I was a kid, my grandfather happened to instill the basic premise of "at least try it". In the sense of new discoveries of great tasting dishes. "How do you know you don't like it, if you haven't even tasted it?" I took that lesson to it's highest peaks, and still will. Spinach dip is really good on brownies. Guacamole goes good with eggrolls. Anchovies on a pizza aren't bad at all. BBQ sauce and sour cream on a baked potato is heavenly.

Yeah, I'd even try the testicles.
          that attitude is one I've developed rather than being told. Its a wonderful one. At this point the only thing I won't eat in general is cilantro (it tastes like soap to me...) well, and I guess by that extension, soap.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
          You should, some of that stuff is really delicious!

Though, describing what some of that stuff is might put you off. I love mumbar which is sheep's intestine stuffed with rice. Doesn't sound nice, but I love it!
          I've wanted to try chitlins, which are intestine, so didn't put me off yet
          hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

The number on the scales being smaller than last time...
            ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
            Seen the desert and the birds
            You cut your hair short
            Like a shush to an insult
            The world had been yelling
            Since the day you were born
            Revolting with anger
            While it smiled like it was cute
            That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

that attitude is one I've developed rather than being told. Its a wonderful one. At this point the only thing I won't eat in general is cilantro (it tastes like soap to me...) well, and I guess by that extension, soap.
              My hubby feels the same way...

I've wanted to try chitlins, which are intestine, so didn't put me off yet
              I mentioned that I liked sausage better when it is in natural casings the other day and put my mom off of the rest of her dinner... lol

I would taste most of the food there, but I tend to get squeamish over texture, and testicles tend to be something I cant get down...

^thinking on that statement, maybe theres a better, slightly less ummm... suggestive, statement I could have made...
              http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
              ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Despite the last couple weeks, I actually found that I have a little bit to make me smile. I had a phone conversation with the breeder and the trainer today, and there are seven puppies (one who is eight months old as of right now and six who are only ten days old) who are going to be evaluated as potential service candidates for me. One of them, I don't know which, will come home in August. I've been going through this process for quite a while now so to be finally so close to figuring everything out just really puts a smile on my face despite everything else. <3
                It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
                -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

Getting rid of a really bad president.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
                    Getting rid of a really bad president.
                    The next round of elections there should be interesting. Hopefully things work out well. I think I want to do a bit of research into your military. If they hold to their statement that they have no desire to stay in politics then I'll be impressed. Two overthrows in under two years and not giving in to the temptation to just try and run things directly would speak well for them.
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                      The next round of elections there should be interesting. Hopefully things work out well. I think I want to do a bit of research into your military. If they hold to their statement that they have no desire to stay in politics then I'll be impressed. Two overthrows in under two years and not giving in to the temptation to just try and run things directly would speak well for them.
                      Meh. I don't like them. They ran the country for two years between Mubarak and Morsi. And did some terrible things.

But if I had to be fair, I'm surprised because they didn't take over this time. We have a temporary president, who's neither military nor from the Brotherhood.

Comment

Not expecting to be a fan, just slightly impressed on this call (if they keep their word).
                        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Hooray!! After a beastly two months, I finally have a few weekend days free on this rota. This means I can actually SHOW UP to the events of the offline group I'm supposed to be joint organiser of. I wonder if they'll remember me? Oh happy days..

Now I just need to find some spare money to pay for these social nights... slightly less hooray. (>.<)
                          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Signed my research contract today I've been given a research project in rheumatology and pharmacology Clinical drug trialling and comparisons of alternative treatments Starts in 3 weeks Super happyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!1
                            "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
                            - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

Originally posted by Amelia-Mary View Post
                              Signed my research contract today I've been given a research project in rheumatology and pharmacology Clinical drug trialling and comparisons of alternative treatments Starts in 3 weeks Super happyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!1
                              Congrats and good luck!
                              sigpic
                              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

^ Thankyou I'm like bouncing off the walls
                                "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
                                - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

Working...
                                X