This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

French fries with ketchup and yellow chili juice make me smile.
    Why?
    1. Because I don't eat french fries anymore. It's like STEAK for me.
    2. Because I'm only concerned with what makes me smile today.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

OMG, smiles all around! I have JUST found out that one of my friends had her baby on Tuesday. Two days late? How the...? I feel so bad too, because this morning, she commented on a video of our kitten I posted on Facebook and I replied, totally unaware that she has just arrived home with her new little one. That is so embarrassing. I can't message her until I get home either, as she can't read English very well and for some reason cloud (online input system) isn't working. Still, red cheeks aside, that's a damned good reason to smile.

Mind, I have noticed that all my friends from years ago are having babies, now I feel kinda nervous.

What was that sound? Was that a stork? Go away... shu...
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Independence Day cookout with my family when my aunt's birthday is the day after. Fun times.
        Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
        -Erik Erikson

Comment

Once in awhile something comes out of the woodwork that cracks me up for a day and a half. This is one of those things:

Comment

Ridiculously happy today. Still feeding off my exercise buzz from yesterday (biked about 40 km), sunny and hot out, great food, boyfriend made cookies, making jam, spent time in the garden, still have time to sew and play some music. I love it when I manage to start exercising lots and it's sunny and hot out, because I'm always so happy and have so much energy!

Comment

A customer (at the tool place) came in to buy a red wagon. He said he had left his 20% off coupon at another store, where he came from. He said he had a tool employee on the phone and could I talk to him. So I did. The employee( if he was that) asked if I had an extra 20% coupon lying around since the guy went out of his way to find this red wagon. I just shrugged and sure, no problem. Rang him up with the 20% off. The customer asked how much did the 20% save him. I said $11. He gave me a $10 tip and thanked me.

Sweet!

Comment

So I was told to expect a callback regarding a job at a start up place in Philly, its food service... sort of, but the owners are awesome people... like gave us our wedding cake and a bunch of other things for our wedding, and several free meals at restauraunts the two of us could never even begin to pretend to think about otherwise.... Having a nice job, where I get to start work at 3AM=nice!
                http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Game On Dude won the Hollywood Gold Cup!
                  sigpic
                  Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Tomorrow at the beach it's going to be 78. While in my city it's going to be 97. Why am I smiling? Guess where I will be Monday!

Why do I smile?
                    ~At beach
                    ~On a Monday!
                    ~At a dog beach!
                    ~with my two gal pals!

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                      So I was told to expect a callback regarding a job at a start up place in Philly, its food service... sort of, but the owners are awesome people... like gave us our wedding cake and a bunch of other things for our wedding, and several free meals at restauraunts the two of us could never even begin to pretend to think about otherwise.... Having a nice job, where I get to start work at 3AM=nice!
                      Yay! Happy things are happening for people! Gratz!

I get a day off tomorrow and I plan on staying home and picking up one of my new books to tuck into. ^^

Comment

My Skecher's tennis shoes were dirty and they have a small tear in the toe area. I thought I might have to buy new shoes. But I'm like dirt poor. So I decided to see if brushing the rims with soapy water would help. They look brand new! All shiny white on the rims and nice black on the top. I just have to sew the hole in the toe closed. Thankfully they are good shoes and everything else is still good to go. Still a nice solid heel for my feet!

Comment

Recently, I was the victim of a dog flipper.

What makes me smile is that Trooper's new owner was smart enough to figure out how to find me, and has told me he is doing well and that I can even come visit if I like.

What makes me smile even more is that the dog flippers who "adopted" him and lied to my family before selling him to this man will not be able to adopt so much as a goldfish from anywhere within a fifty mile radius. They messed with the wrong girl. I blasted them all over Craigslist (and intend to repost that warning at every opportunity), have shared their information and what they've done all over FB, and have reported them as pet flippers to an anti-pet flipping group and every shelter, rescue, pet store, and any other place that has living breathing creatures within at least a fifty mile radius. Further, the local petsmart and petco here are going to pass their names and information on to other shelters... Just in case I missed any. They will never be able to do what they did again.
                          It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
                          -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

I got my Zantac today. Took one dose and guess what? That chest full feeling went away! I love you Zantac. I really do.

Comment

I think I may be finished the album art commission I've been working on! Just waiting for the client to get in touch and let me know, but he has loved all the work in progress shots so all SHOULD go well
                              So excited to hear his reaction to the final piece x
                              "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

going cycling this morning, and then I have a hot skype date with Bjorn in a few hours!

(and I'mma can an entire garden worth of rhubarb later today!)

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                                X