This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

Stoked up, sat back and smoked a bowl of Irish Creme.

Mmmm.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Jake is adorable, especially when he's pretending to enjoy talking to me to make me feel better. Both of our lives kinda suck but he's willing to do what he can to make mine suck a little less
      Circe

Comment

Sitting here quietly, a movie on Netflix playing in the background, while I watch my wife sleep over Skype. Even though we're 400 miles apart, it almost feels like we're together.

Comment

I finally made the decision to jump in and actually give love a chance. I committed to my roommate last night, after a casually sly plan to do exactly that.

On Friday at work, I asked him on a date, my treat. He agreed and so at the end of the meal I told him that I loved him and wanted to stick with him for a while. It was so casual and easy going, but it made a difference. I feel freer, somehow. It's weird. But it's making me smile.
          No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Closed down my facebook page, I feel better already.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
              I finally made the decision to jump in and actually give love a chance. I committed to my roommate last night, after a casually sly plan to do exactly that.

On Friday at work, I asked him on a date, my treat. He agreed and so at the end of the meal I told him that I loved him and wanted to stick with him for a while. It was so casual and easy going, but it made a difference. I feel freer, somehow. It's weird. But it's making me smile.
              So...you're going mono?

(I am happy you are happy, but I am surprised!)

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                So...you're going mono?

(I am happy you are happy, but I am surprised!)
                It surprised me too, but I feel great. Apparently I only want freedom when I'm single. Security is more important than I thought.
                No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

This makes me smile.

Mostly art.

Comment

http://thugkitchen.com/

This makes me smile.

Oh, I love that site!!
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

Coursera's Ancient Greece class starts today and I'm psyched to get going! Maybe this time I will actually manage to finish a Coursera class... I usually end up struggling for the time to dedicate to the class because it's hard to focus with a toddler sitting in your lap and drawing while you're listening to a lecture and attempting to make notes.

Comment

Originally posted by Raphaeline View Post
                        Coursera's Ancient Greece class starts today and I'm psyched to get going! Maybe this time I will actually manage to finish a Coursera class... I usually end up struggling for the time to dedicate to the class because it's hard to focus with a toddler sitting in your lap and drawing while you're listening to a lecture and attempting to make notes.
                        Good luck! I started that course last go-around, but I never finished it. I can't load the videos at work, so I gave up when work started.

Mostly art.

Comment

My dog makes me smile constantly.

Except when he is trying to chew the edge of my mattress because my mom's dog has taken all of his toy's and hid them around the house... lol.
                          It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
                          -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

http://thugkitchen.com/

This makes me smile.
                            Am now following. This is awesome, thanks! I've seen images from this blog before but didn't know where they came from!

Comment

My boyfriend has taken an interest in learning how to sew, so I'm teaching him. It's hard for me to sit back and watch him sometimes, but it's also oddly a nice thing to do together. He hemmed his own pants last night (with some help from me) and did a reasonably good job of it! Too bad it's so hard to find nice patterns for men...

Comment

Ferrets are adorable... I wish I could afford to take care of one. But the hubby approved of me getting one one day, so that's a step in the right direction!

Comment

Working...
                                X