This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

Picked up an extra shift at work this week!
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Dancing!~ as well as music, and the fact I finally caught up with school work.

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
        I now love your dad. Browncoats unite!
        Every time there was a lull in the goings-on, he retired to the living room, saying "I'm going to go watch my program."... proceeding to launch Netflix and the next episode of Firefly.

I suspect he's gonna be mad, like the rest of us, at how inadequate Serenity was at wrapping up the series.

But, still... glad to have shared the joy that is Firefly.
        "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

I just made a 48 minute video compilation of all my little videos of my kid since she was 3 weeks old for my mom for her birthday.

Damn I do fine work.

The kid, not the movie.

Comment

Damn I do fine work.

The kid, not the movie.
            Just judging by that pic over to the left of your post... I don't doubt it.

hubba hubba

Comment

Originally posted by ThorsSon View Post
              Just judging by that pic over to the left of your post... I don't doubt it.

hubba hubba
              We are ADORABLE. (I may or may not have had a beer or several leading to this line of thinking.)

Comment

I don't think that "adorable" is the adjective I'd have used for the first person SINGULAR pronoun, in that sentence...

I'd need to see all of the people included in the first person PLURAL pronoun, in order to judge the accuracy, of that adjective, in that setting...

But, for the time-being, I'll accept "adorable" as accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by ThorsSon View Post
                  I don't think that "adorable" is the adjective I'd have used for the first person SINGULAR pronoun, in that sentence...

I'd need to see all of the people included in the first person PLURAL pronoun, in order to judge the accuracy, of that adjective, in that setting...

But, for the time-being, I'll accept "adorable" as accurate.
                  This help?
                  Attached Files

Comment

This help?
                    for the person at stage-left, I'd replace "adorable" with "cuter-than-should-be-legal."

for the person at stage-right... well... this is a family forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                      DID YOU HAVE A BABY!!!!
                      Not yet. It just made me laugh, cause I can see myself doing that. Though that would be a good way of announcing it... And baby should be here any day now...
                      We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                      It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                      Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                      -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

There is food in my fridge and I volunteer today.

Comment

I'm still smiling about snow days. Ahh, the memories.

And the differences... when I was a student we never made up the few days that school was cancelled. Up here, when the kids missed a day, another day was added to the calendar.

Kittens make me smile, too!

Except when they wake me up.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Last night my mommy visited me in my dreams again. We went shopping at K-Mart *she was about 50 in my dreams. We were shopping for make-up and toys. Like board games, puzzles and coloring books. She was telling me she wanted to get rid of the under eye circles on her. And then I showed her my foundation on my face. We had a talk about it. Very detailed and meaning nothing. And she told me my foundation looked flawless.

This whole very simple outing made me smile.

My mom. Still shopping in the afterlife.

Natch.
                            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

^^^ smiles, all around!

Also, I learned a brand new word, today. A word that didn't exist before today! I hope I can remember it and help it along.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                                ^^^ smiles, all around!

Also, I learned a brand new word, today. A word that didn't exist before today! I hope I can remember it and help it along.
                                Its a pretty good word, isn't it? I tried pretty hard to think of an already established word--you'd think there would be one, but I even use the reverse look-up dictionary and couldn't find anything.
                                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X