X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
    Its a pretty good word, isn't it? I tried pretty hard to think of an already established word--you'd think there would be one, but I even use the reverse look-up dictionary and couldn't find anything.
    and what, pray tell, might that word be?
    "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Originally posted by ThorsSon View Post
      Yeah - I feel like there is juju going on behind my back...
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
        The cool word shall soon be unveiled...I promise.

I want to see who figures out what it is.
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
          Last night my mommy visited me in my dreams again. We went shopping at K-Mart *she was about 50 in my dreams. We were shopping for make-up and toys. Like board games, puzzles and coloring books. She was telling me she wanted to get rid of the under eye circles on her. And then I showed her my foundation on my face. We had a talk about it. Very detailed and meaning nothing. And she told me my foundation looked flawless.

This whole very simple outing made me smile.

My mom. Still shopping in the afterlife.

Natch.
          That made my morning.

Comment

Originally posted by ThorsSon View Post

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
            vvv

The cool word shall soon be unveiled...I promise.

I want to see who figures out what it is.

I'm curious to see that, too. Which is why I've not leaked it.

It's your word; it's your show. I'm just tickled by it, is all. And that makes me smile!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

All these word shenanigans are freaking me out.

Comment

Haven't you heard? The bird is the word.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                  vvv

I'm curious to see that, too. Which is why I've not leaked it.

It's your word; it's your show. I'm just tickled by it, is all. And that makes me smile!
                  Lol, so...it will probably be this weekend now. Looks like Charleston is out--Hubby will be working overtime, nights all holiday weekend. good for the pocketbook I guess, but...I think the kids and I would rather visit.
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

Looks like Charleston is out--Hubby will be working overtime, nights all holiday weekend. good for the pocketbook I guess, but...I think the kids and I would rather visit.

That produces a face much like my avatar. Definitely not on-topic.

Note to self: Must focus on silver lining!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

This is gunna sound potentially rather weird......but the smell of being surrounded by new canvasses. I'm super excited cause I just picked up a 24in by 48in (60.6cm by 121.9cm) and I've got the perfect thing planned for it. This will be the first time I've gotten to work with a canvass this big
                      Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                      Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                      sigpic

Comment

My brother bought me dinner tonight. Free Indian food makes me smile!

Comment

what makes me smile

thinking about my girlfriend

underneath the dour gruff exterior there's a gooey center

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                            what makes me smile

thinking about my girlfriend

underneath the dour gruff exterior there's a gooey center
                            I hope someone will see that in me someday. I'm rather tired of being called mean and bitchy. The latter usually flatters me but not when it comes from stupid boys who think I have somehow wronged them by demanding something other than what comes naturally.
                            No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Usually I don't like kids. But this lil kid is adorable.

Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
                                I hope someone will see that in me someday. I'm rather tired of being called mean and bitchy. The latter usually flatters me but not when it comes from stupid boys who think I have somehow wronged them by demanding something other than what comes naturally.
                                the mean and bitchy / gruff and dour is just a shell that some of us put up to not be hurt anymore...truth be told if the guys you mention cant see beyond and take the time to get you to lower the barriers then honestly, as you say....boys

brightest of blessings

Comment

Working...
                                X