This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

I'm pretty happy with our company. We have our own in company charity for our own employees! Our company is one of the few that is actually expanding on a regular basis. We are now just over 500 stores and growing. We want to reach 1000 in the states and then move globally. And...we are still a private company owned by one single man..who passed it down to his one single son. So that's pretty neat.

Also I spent the day shopping. Now for those that know, I've been struggling for money. And thankfully now that I'm getting more, I still live as if I have none! But I splurged today. By shopping I mean Goodwill and Walmart. But hey, it's shopping! I picked up 4 tees for $5. One with a samurai on it, one with a city scape. One with John Lennon Revolution profile and one red with a big rifle. It says Zombie Repellent. And on the back Resident Evil. It's teh awesome! Then Walmart I picked up a bike headlight, tail light set that clips on and off. Some lipstick and liquid eyeliner. Some gourmet olives, a new small black canvas purse (to fit in my basket. Since I don't take the bus and travel so far, I don't need to carry my whole life in my purse. And a small grey wallet. All in all I had a great day! I won't splurge again till next paycheck. But it felt so nice to do it. And NOT feel guilty.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Sometimes ya gotta do stuff for yourself,just because you can..I tend to be frugal,but every once in a while I will get something I don't actually need,but get it anyway cause it feels good to treat myself a little.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

So I did my grocery shopping today. And I decided to prep for the week. I chopped my rotisserie chicken for my chicken Cesar salad lunches. And I prepped both potato salad and pasta salad as well. Tomorrow I just need to make a batch of sloppy joes and my meals for the week are done!

This should prevent me from buying outside food and have healthy lunches all week. Seriously chicken Cesar salad is waaay cheaper then those pre made ones. Also with better chicken and shaved Parmesan cheese too.

Comment

New favorite student...?

ForumRunner_20141124_200828.jpg
          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
          Seen the desert and the birds
          You cut your hair short
          Like a shush to an insult
          The world had been yelling
          Since the day you were born
          Revolting with anger
          While it smiled like it was cute
          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I work my shift today until 10:00 AM and then I get the next three days off.

And if my store thinks they're going to get to call me during those three days to see if I can come in...

I'm not answering my phone.

Comment

My friends. Sometimes it's the only thing that stops me from breaking down.
              Circe

Comment

Food will in the not too distant future.
                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

About to take a hot shower and turn into a lobster.

Comment

Watching live stream kittens and eating pizza... I think I'm in heaven!
                    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Not feeling like Death warmed over. Unfortunately, this condition doesn't apply right now.
                      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

watching the kittens they're starting to open their eyes! so cute.
                        You remind me of the babe
                        What babe?
                        The babe with the power
                        What power?
                        The Power of voodoo
                        Who do?
                        You do!
                        Do what?
                        Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Simon of the Yogscast's 'diggy diggy hole' video never fails to bring a smile to my face. That said, I'll show you guys mercy and NOT link it here.
                          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Solitude. Blissful solitude. It's winter and everyone and everything is either dead or indoors. No biting bugs. No sweaty weather. No semantics arguments. No posturing. No pettiness. No greed. Just quiet.

Fuck. Yes. Bring on the subzero weather for more outdoor fun!

Comment

yeh,watching the snow fall outside my window,so soft and quiet...
                              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                                yeh,watching the snow fall outside my window,so soft and quiet...
                                you have snow? I dreamt of snow tonight... forecasts say we'll get some in december
                                You remind me of the babe
                                What babe?
                                The babe with the power
                                What power?
                                The Power of voodoo
                                Who do?
                                You do!
                                Do what?
                                Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Working...