This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

I thought this was fantastic and it def made me smile. I also hope it makes you smile as well.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Yes indeed that made me crack a smile...actually I broke out in a full and load laughter..that was funny..
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

That was hilarious!
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

One more, well this one made me cry but it was tears of happiness.

"If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I am on a savings spree as of late. So my lovely Dirt Devil Dynamite 2 was acting up for the last 2 months. I couldn't figure out the problem. I take pretty good care of her. I clean out her canister every time. I clean out the filter. And I clean out the roller brush. Because it's as if a long haired cat lives in my room. So I have to maintain it. Now I only paid $35.99 plus tax years ago. I've even replaced her belts. I know the vacuum. Well it started rattling funny. Like the motor was about to seize. So I used my other dirt devil stick I have for our stairs. But it's not powerful enough to suck up my long ass hair from the bedroom floor.

I have a feeling my wonderful ex roommate from Hell, Mike, broke it. So last night I was searching on line to replace it etc. Today I decided to take it all apart and see what was up. After some investigating and me ripping it all up..I found the culprit. The roller brush had one end where the knob completely broke off and was rubbing the rubber up against the machine. This caused the burning smell I mistook for the motor.

Did some googling for repair part and found the cheapest was actually Dirt Devil. I order it up at $16.20. But wait! There's more! I did some more googling for discounts. I buy nothing without first checking for codes. I found a 30% off. Sweet. Brought me to 11.33. I'm like ok with shipping of $5 it will be the same. No problemo. Well I had found another with free shipping. I wanted to know the cheaper price of both. I opened another window and proceeded to check out. It came down to 11.33 with free shipping! I closed that window, went back and continued with my other window.

I am getting my replacement part for $11.33

I don't know what I did.
            But I did it.
            And this just feels like a giant domestic goddess win for me.
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I smile at the thought that the old Vikings would toast their drinks by shouting "Skol" which translates to "skull." Why skull? Well, some Vikings preferred to drink their mead out of the hallowed out skulls of their enemies, and I find that marvelous
              "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
              And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
              They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
              The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
              - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

My minions are adorable...and have decided to "clean the house for mommy"
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

Oh lordy Miss thaly,you in the deep part of the swamp now...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Cancelled our old internet. Got the new one with wifi. Set it up. You know to my fave mutant name
                    It was pretty painless. Extreme download was at 54 and upload over 5. Which is fabulous! I can't believe how fast my tabs open etc. I don't know why the old one was slower. I'm going to go with old modem and ethernet cables. I mean this is like lightening fast!

And my monthly bill is only $25 since we are splitting it.

Time to browse da interwebs!

Comment

Medusa, you're gonna REALLY be hell on wheels when you get to be over 55 and can get all kinds of odd little discounts! I'm always on the lookout for deals myself. My vacuum cleaner is 14 years old and I had to search for a new part for the handle last year. Same thing - some places charged for shipping, some didn't, etc. It still works like new, after all this time of picking up bird seed, hair, feathers, etc., so I plan to keep it going forever.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                        Medusa, you're gonna REALLY be hell on wheels when you get to be over 55 and can get all kinds of odd little discounts! I'm always on the lookout for deals myself. My vacuum cleaner is 14 years old and I had to search for a new part for the handle last year. Same thing - some places charged for shipping, some didn't, etc. It still works like new, after all this time of picking up bird seed, hair, feathers, etc., so I plan to keep it going forever.
                        I think it's just because I've been under employed for so long..that I make being frugal a game for me. Everything I think I need I google it first for comparison shopping. Then think maybe I can get it at Goodwill. Then maybe order it at Walmart. Every penny allows me to just feel a little less stressed about things.

I'm also not materialistic. I mean I own 3 pairs of shoes. One fancy. One sneakers for work (and a good shoe I do spend some money on since it makes work less icky) and a flip flop I live in. Probably because I'm in Southern Cali. Flip flops, yogo pants and tank tops.

Comment

I do get this Duce,the flat screen TV I got,I took almost 6 months searching for. I saved a while to afford it...Finely after searching and comparing different brands and features,I managed to get it cheaper than I thought I could,AND hit on free shipping as well. Nothing feels quite as cool as doing that..

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

In the very early 80's, I bought my first pair of Jordache jeans. (Before that, there were Levis, Lees, Wranglers, and no-name brands, and it didn't matter.) ANYWAY - I bought my J jeans at JC Penney's. A woman I worked with had the exact same jeans. She paid a few $ more at A&S. I said, well return them, and get them at Penney's for less. She said, oh no, I don't shop at Penney's, I'm a store snob.

That was my first exposure to that kind of thing. It seemed stupid then, and it seems stupid now. I mean, the EXACT same jeans, not a knockoff, not a defect. She WANTED to pay MORE. Alrighty, then. I recently looked her up. She's kissing some rich guy's butt to have a nice home, etc. I'm not.
                            sigpic

Comment

On the topic of frugality...always always always ASK! My co-worker found out I had an old tv. Like 15 years with the big back. I was at her apt and saw she had a wall size screen. The kind with curtains etc. She was a gamer. So I was like don't you have any smaller tv? She's like yeah. I have a brand new 20 inch flat screen in my closet. I'm like would you sell it to me? She's like sure, $20. I have an awesome new tv and the size is perfect since it's at the end of my bed in my small room. I got pots and pans for helping her move. And slippers! Friends always know I have no problem with hand me downs. I'm like sure. gimme gimme gimme.

Anywho..on my bike ride to work I past this cute small house all full of chackies in the garden. White picket fence. English rose garden. You just know a little old lady lives there. And in front is a box like a birdhouse. They have their own library. You can roll right up and borrow a book. It's so adorable. I had no idea this was an actual movement called Little Free Library!
                              Little Free Library is a nonprofit organization with a mission to build community, inspire readers, and expand book access for all through a global network of volunteer-led Little Free Libraries.

Now that makes me smile.

Comment

I've heard about that Library thing! So cool!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X