This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

Do you guys have the ice cream van play music down your streets? We have! And we also have a palote man and a raspada man too. I'm wondering if that's a hispanic thing or other places have them still.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
      Do you guys have the ice cream van play music down your streets? We have! And we also have a palote man and a raspada man too. I'm wondering if that's a hispanic thing or other places have them still.
      Wow.

I haven't see an ice cream truck since I was a kid!

A long time ago, in Detroit, there was one every day, all summer. A guy used to come around with a pony, and parents could have their kids picture taken sitting on it. There's a picture of three year old me doing that, somewhere.

And the Italian vegetable sellers used to come through the neighborhood in the summer. We'd all chase after the truck, and they'd toss chunks of ice out for us.

These days I'm so far out in the boonies that only the Mormons come through.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I did the pony photos too. They gave you a hat and chaps to wear and would come right to your door.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
          I did the pony photos too. They gave you a hat and chaps to wear and would come right to your door.
          Yup, that's the scene. It's oddly nice to know that people still do that, although I'm not even sure why.
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Let's go nostalgia! Remember putting quarters on the edge of a video game calling your turn?

Comment

I remember stacking up quarters to call my bf back home from the pay phone in my college dorm!
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                I remember stacking up quarters to call my bf back home from the pay phone in my college dorm!
                There are no more phones around us. I see one or two. But it's skanksville. I do remember also calling those party lines so I could 'talk' to Duran Duran. My mom put a stop on that once she saw the bill.

Comment

Do not get me started with old memories...the Ice truck,or at times cart..when people still had ice boxes where you put the big chunk of ice in the top.
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

So we actually had an ice house next to the laundromat in my town. In the summer we would all go up to the side and touch it. It was awesome!

Comment

The thing I was worried sick about has resolved itself and no longer needs me to worry myself sick about it. Today is a good day.

Comment

Every time I park my bike under the porch, Lexi waits there for me. I then sit on her bench with her and her blankee and I pet her. She loves to curl up on me like a fat little piggy while I rub her pot belly. Sometimes she starts to snore she gets so relaxed. This always makes me smile. It's our special time together.

Comment

I'm gonna have my kitties again on the 19th! I will have something to snuggle when I feel alone and horrible. I can't describe how much I miss holding my little ones... It hurts, it won't for much longer!
                          http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                          ~Jim Butcher

Comment

My hedgie isn't sick.

And I have wine, and a slow cooker cookbook, and sims. And since it's my day off, I've been able to get some writing and cleaning and gaming done all without changing out of pjs.

Comment

School is cancelled. Long weekend for me best news to wake up to.
                              You remind me of the babe
                              What babe?
                              The babe with the power
                              What power?
                              The Power of voodoo
                              Who do?
                              You do!
                              Do what?
                              Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Comment