X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

Good managers.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I'm as corny as Kansas in August,
      high as a flag on the fourth of July,
      If you'll excuse an expression I use,
      I'm in love, I'm in love,
      I'm in love with a wonderful guy!

and his name is Patrick.
      No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

^^^ That made me smile!
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

My Bing search rewards is actually paying off! I'm a gold member now. And I can now get $5 gift cards to I tunes, dominos and amazon (they have tons of other things) But I'm thinking audiobooks I can't find at my library and pizza. Because you know..pizza!
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
            I'm as corny as Kansas in August,
            high as a flag on the fourth of July,
            If you'll excuse an expression I use,
            I'm in love with a wonderful guy!

and his name is Patrick.
            Dis made me smile too!
            Awesomeness! :3
            "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Watching the latest Game of Thrones episode with a coworker today. ^^ Nerd speak time.

Comment

This may seem like I've got the wrong thread, but bear with me...

Part of this positive thinking course I'm doing is to write down the good things that happen during the day. Apparently humans have a bias to focus more on the negatives (not sure how this fits alongside the optimism bias we also apparently have). Writing down positive experiences is meant to help balance this out. Today I was woken early and couldn't sleep. I thought 'great, this means I can attend the Japanese group after all'. I got ready and then caught my tired face in the mirror just before I left. I realised I was waaay too tired to be going out. So I tried to go back to sleep and couldn't. JP came home so I decided to go for a walk with him to buy sushi for my lunch at work. Shop was sold out.

Got home and realised we'd forgotten to buy the paper we wanted, too. I tried once more to sleep, failed, and went to work just as tired as I'd have been if I had just gone to the Japanese group, and at least I'd have seen some good friends, had a laugh and practised my Japanese.

So I'm at work. Nothing especially exciting or different happened, but I started thinking I need something positive to write in my journal when I get home. I thought I'd do my favourite ritual for doing at work called 'the mother's milk' (it's basically drinking a cup of water ^^). It always makes me feel uplifted and refreshed. I filled my cup and put the radio on. It was a bit loud so I tried to turn it down. My finger slipped and I lost the station. One of my colleagues goes mad if people change the station and I didn't know how to get it back, I pressed buttons in a panic for ages. I couldn't even get a station with sound. It was all white noise. I felt so dejected. I only wanted to do a rite to cheer myself up and give me something to write about.

I got the manual up online and managed to auto tune the channels. I eventually found the one it's meant to always be on. First came utter relief, and then a little tear as I realised the song that was playing was 'Bright Eyes' from Watership Down. The same cartoon that featured in a vision I wrote about in the 'why bad things happen' thread.

Now THAT's a sweet little reminder that's worth writing about when I get home. Although it does feel a little bit like a spiritual troll. Like, 'haha, made your day suck.. because, you know.. rabbits..'
                夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

nap time! Finally. Gonna try to sleep. I took a sleeping pill this morning at 10am. My mind just laughed at me. I can't take two anymore because I get the horrible leg twitch side effect. And so thus I'm going to put on my leopard satin eye mask and pretend it's dark.

*alright theists. I'm done terrorizing your thread. Run! Be free! Frolic!

Comment

My boyfriend follows a page on Facebook called "Ugly Belgian Houses" (which is exactly what it sounds like). Every few days, he sends me a pic of an ugly Belgian house. Most people would find that weird, but it makes me smile because it reminds me of his sense of humour.

Comment

I actually really enjoy these animal planet mockumentaries.

Comment

Keep trying to upload baby pics, but they won't load, apparently they are too big and I can't fix them on the ipad...

- - - Updated - - -

We went to the department of vital statistics today and Alice Rose has her own birth certificate and ssn! This made me smile so much! My baby is a whole legal person now!
                        http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                        ~Jim Butcher

Comment

So,one more human added to the I think now 7 billion bodies....make room,make room there....
                          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

purple fingers due to blackberries

Comment

A letter arrived today from my Indonesian friend who moved back to Indonesia last year. She included a lovely recent photograph. She looks so healthy and fresh now that she's stopped eating UK food! I miss her so much. It makes me smile that we're still keeping in touch.
                              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                                A letter arrived today from my Indonesian friend who moved back to Indonesia last year. She included a lovely recent photograph. She looks so healthy and fresh now that she's stopped eating UK food! I miss her so much. It makes me smile that we're still keeping in touch.
                                Awww, that is wonderful! I'm somehow always struck by stories about people who keep contact with their friends. It does take some effort (and guts) sometimes...

(But seriously, is UK food as bad as people say it is? *recalls a documentary including stir-fried chocolate bars*)
                                baah.

Comment

Working...
                                X