This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

My rat started licking me! I know that sounds pathetic but I have two rats, and one girl is a sweetie and my best friend, and the other basically acts like I'm just there to feed her. Then the aloof rat climbed my shirt and started licking my face, it made me so happy! I needed that today

Also, someone randomly sent me a very nice message out of the blue, and it really put a grin on my face!
    Love me for who I am, not for who you want me to be.

Comment

I have tomorrow off. And I have hard cider and wine.

Plus a pine tree I need to spend a bit of time and energy sorting out. Also, new moon in 3 days.

Comment

Just this,kinda a fun pic for fans of the walking dead,And harry Potter.

MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I'd watch it.

I'm smiling. I went to bed. I woke up. I'm still not at work!

er. I'm also eating marshmallows. Because. Why not?
          #naughtydiabetic
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I went to see my kitten and she actually came up and sat next to me (unheard of for the aloof cat unless I'm ill).

I discovered shortly after that she was fishing for treats, but I'll still take the "affection" of being her treat dispenser.

Comment

Had a great freakin sales day at tea world today. Second sale of the day was over $300 needless to say I definitely made goal today, and now to spend the rest of it relaxing. I might go to the pool today. Its July 14th and its the first time its been over a 100 this whole summer. At least I think its over a 100.
              "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

So naps make me smile and I'm about to take one of those and I was doing bills and so forth before swimming and realized that with the extra check we are getting this month we will be able to pay off 2 of my credit cards this month, and next month we will be able to pay KP's off. We didn't have any credit card debt in NC but we racked up quite a bit to move back to Texas and paying them off slowly but surely feels great, and it totally helps my stress levels!!
                "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I am a frugal goddess! *pats my own back

So I needed a new Dirt Devil. I've had it for years. Replaced belts. Replaced the roller. I loved that lil fella. Well it died. Like a sad silent death. I was using it. And the power died. I took it apart and back together. It had to be something electrical. And I don't do electrical. So I just kept using my stick Dirt Devil for the stairs. But it doesn't suck up my hair. I'm like a cat. Long haired gals know the pain. I clean my vacuum every time I use it. I clean the canister and I clean the rollers. It's my Mustang I guess.

Now on to my new purchase!

Amazon had my replacement for $49
                  And it gave you an instant coupon of $8
                  And I had an amazon gf for my Bing searches of $5
                  And Amazon had $30 gift card for signing up for an Amazon Visa card.
                  And I qualified for free shipping.

I applied and got approved. Though I order on amazon like once every 5 months maybe. For big stuff I can't put on my bike!

My vacuum cleaner is going to cost me exactly $9.69.

Comment

This makes me smile:
                    ibis.jpg
                    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

The storms have passed,and so no worry about power going out..I really hate Jersey Summers,they are like California Winters with all the rain..(BTW they say El Nino gonna rain all over California)

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I didn't reply to this at the time because I thought, 'that's awesome' was too short and felt like poor forum etiquette. I have something to share now though, so...

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                        Just this,kinda a fun pic for fans of the walking dead,And harry Potter.

That's awesome!! ^^

So why am I smiling? First a back story. Are you sitting comfortably?

About 2 years ago I was out with 2 Japanese and an Indonesian friend (the races are relevant). We met in a cafe and started taking photos to share on the at the time, newly started facebook group. One of my friends looked at the photo on her phone and declared 'Jemma, your face is so small'. She said this in Japanese and when I was confused, the Indonesian girl explained that when the Japanese talk of a 'small face' they mean 'small head'. That was all she offered in way of an explanation. This led to me changing my hairstyle and back-combing it whenever I was meeting with my Asian friends, so my head seemed bigger.

Then tonight, something pops up in my 'recommended videos' on youtube. This thing...

I had literally never heard of this before. It seems that this applies to other parts of East Asia too. So my Indonesian friend probably wasn't aware that we don't have the concept in England. So she explained that my friend was talking about my head, but didn't think to explain what she had meant by it. This whole time, I thought they were teasing me, when it was actually meant as a compliment.

So I'm smiling, because of my sexy little pinhead;

Last edited by Jembru; 15 Jul 2015, 16:13. Reason: Fixed typo...
                        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

omg i follow that couple on youtube!

and you look adorable as ever

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                            omg i follow that couple on youtube!

and you look adorable as ever
                            I don't follow them, but I've had their videos pop up a few times in the past. Maybe I should watch them more often. It's fun watching a girl from the States, where it's common to gesticulate a lot when talking, speaking next to a Japanese guy, who typically stay as still as possible... The contrast is striking when you see it like that! (And now I'll be really conscious of my hands next time I speak Japanese.. I already can't keep my head and shoulders still...). She uses a lot of Japanese-like gestures too though (palms down, fingers spread.. especially when 'pointing' towards something), so she really reminds me of a Japanese TV talent (and now I know why they all have such long necks and small heads!). She must have guys throwing themselves at her over there!

....I really need to cut down on the use of brackets.. sheesh..
                            Last edited by Jembru; 15 Jul 2015, 16:45.
                            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I'll be honest. This is more of a snicker. I watch a lot of videos on youtube. I've been watching 'preppers' prep all their foods. And I look at the date. Usually summer 2012.

I just imagine them out there with their 20 jars of melted cheese and dried eggs. Probably having to now eat those meals before they go bad.

Comment

The preppers....reminds me of an old episode of the Twilight zone.....

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                                X