X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
    It IS summer and the bee was OUTSIDE the hive. What would you say was a reasonable maximum life expectancy at this point for the bee in question?
    Not sure why this is going south, but...

It isn't flying, it is now procted, and .i have no idea how long it will live. It may be ill, it may already be dieing, or it may sit around sucking Jembru's honey for months.

Got me hangin'.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Back on topic;
      One thing that makes me smile is to complete a step in a long project. I got to cross off one step in my ongoing project of building a dream into a goal. (one of many projects that I have lists on)
      Last edited by DragonsFriend; 27 Jun 2016, 09:49.
      The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
      I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Back on topic;
        One thing that makes me smile is to complete a step in a long project. I got to cross off one step in my ongoing project of building a dream into a goal. (one of many projects that I have lists on)
        Congrats!!

Overtiredness makes me smile.

Also, my toddler doing his first unprompted dance to 'ride on Time' by Blackbox. Absolutely belly laugh worthy!

Comment

Ah yes, kids; Mine made (and still do from time to time) me smile a lot. Now it's my grand kids and great grand child that force me to smile.
          The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
          I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Ah yes, kids; Mine made (and still do from time to time) me smile a lot. Now it's my grand kids and great grand child that force me to smile.
            Darn those kids and forcing a smile, eh?

Comment

My daughter just wrote a letter to the President about child suffrage. She is an incensed future voter...she says that "if adults are going to do something as stupid as electing Donald Trump, kids like me should be able to vote, because obviously we are smarter and more mature than idiots that would go voting for a bully that likes his money more than the environment and is going to get us all killed in war with his terrible foreign policy"
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Honey the bee didn't make it through the night. We thought she wasn't in a good way last night and placed the coconut shell over her to protect her from the rain. It has been cooler and rained all day. I didn't want to look because I think I knew she'd died, so JP went out and as I suspected, she was where we'd left her.

I'm smiling though. I've enjoyed knowing Honey and how much she has inspired JP to learn about honey bees and how vital they are to the ecosystem. I'm even happy that some of you here got curious about her little adventure.

Thank you Honey, for making the last few days just a little sweeter. My the gods bless your queen and all her daughters, and may your colony flourish and spread!
                夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                  My daughter just wrote a letter to the President about child suffrage. She is an incensed future voter...she says that "if adults are going to do something as stupid as electing Donald Trump, kids like me should be able to vote, because obviously we are smarter and more mature than idiots that would go voting for a bully that likes his money more than the environment and is going to get us all killed in war with his terrible foreign policy"
                  This is adorable!
                  [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
                    This is adorable!
                    She has a 5 point rant on why he shouldn't be President, starting with "hit that would shame a guinea pig", followed by the "wall that wastes money and natural resources, and besides, you could just dig under it", then "creepy spider hands waving around on TV for 4 years", "disrespectful to ugly women and a pig to pretty ones", and "hates Muslims for no reason, when there are terrible people in every religion, including his own.". My favorite though, is her expression of how horrified she is by the spider hands.
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                      She has a 5 point rant on why he shouldn't be President, starting with "hit that would shame a guinea pig", followed by the "wall that wastes money and natural resources, and besides, you could just dig under it", then "creepy spider hands waving around on TV for 4 years", "disrespectful to ugly women and a pig to pretty ones", and "hates Muslims for no reason, when there are terrible people in every religion, including his own.". My favorite though, is her expression of how horrified she is by the spider hands.
                      You have one awesome daughter ^^ well done with raising an intelligent and empathetic human being! And she makes some excellent points, those hands are creepy... though the small piggy eyes scare me more.
                      You remind me of the babe
                      What babe?
                      The babe with the power
                      What power?
                      The Power of voodoo
                      Who do?
                      You do!
                      Do what?
                      Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

My boss called me in an hour early today. And I forgot I didn't have my bike. So I told my boss and he's sending the asst manager to come pick me up. It's my work uber. Perks of living down the street.
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I just got a look inside the new library near home. They really went all out when they designed the new building.
                          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

My boss told me today that one of our 3 manager meetings next month is on the 12th. The day I'm supposed to leave for my two day vacation to the zoo. So thankfully I had free cancellation. Unfortunately when I went to cancel and get a new date, the price jumped like $30! No bueno.

So I did some more searching and found an excellent hotel with very good reviews and still only 24 minutes away! A pool, a spa, new rooms, continental breakfast. Fridge and microwave. Not that we will use any of that except the fridge. So I decided to just pay for it now. $119 total. (Which is only like 10 more than the first hotel anyways)

Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

My new appliances arrive today!! That means dishwasher!! Yes a dishwasher sounds frivolous but when you grow up in a house with 5 kids and 2 adults a dishwasher is a requirement for me. Hours handwashing, hours!!! Nope I gots to have one.
                              "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                                My new appliances arrive today!! That means dishwasher!! Yes a dishwasher sounds frivolous but when you grow up in a house with 5 kids and 2 adults a dishwasher is a requirement for me. Hours handwashing, hours!!! Nope I gots to have one.
                                I am really jelly!! I'm convinced a dishwasher will improve my relationship with my husband... that is my excuse for saving for one

Comment

Working...
                                X