X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

Originally posted by SeanRave View Post
    With all that's been happening in my life this last 2 months, I have some trouble to keep my thoughts organized enough to reply to threads intelligently. So I'd rather lurk. This past couple of months have been terribly harsh on me.

And as to not derail the thread: Something that makes me smile: Playing a concert. I played my first gig with my band last Saturday. It was amazing. Now it's confirmed that this is what I want to do with my life for the rest of it. Music is definitely what makes me whole.
    Good to hear about your concert, Sean! Also, glad to hear that you found your goal in life! Like Anunitu said, post people never do.
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Well, it's not giving me any money yet. So I don't think I can call it work. I need to find a job in the meantime, which I haven't been able to, which sucks, because I'm low on money.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Something will turn out, don't worry!
        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Wondering if they have job training programs there,France might be good for that. Also always good to have several skills to fall back on.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I just had two interviews this morning. One is for a dog kennel in town, where I could care for boarding dogs (like a dog hotel) and get to spend the winter cleaning, feeding, running with them, biking with them, and skijoring with them. It will be full-time, has a $1500 bonus at the end of one full year, and offers lots of O/T, as well as two days off in a row each week. BUT: the pay will only be $18/hr ($1.50 less per hour than I get now, and I barely survive now). It will be hard work, but it will be fun work.

The other interview was for a carpet cleaning company: It will start at $22/hr, and potential to go to $30/hr. It can be full or part time, but none of my shifts during the week will start until 5pm. I would work 5-10 or 5-midnight on weekdays, and 10 hours a day on weekends. Days off whenever I feel like it. It will also be hard work, but I would have to work in the evenings, and my SO (when he is home) works in the day, so we would never see each other, ever. Also, because of evenings, I'd no longer be able to go to friends' houses for dinner, the cinema, or anything fun at night. It will not be soul fulfilling, but it has better pay. There is no yearly bonus. I will rarely see my partner, and I'll have to give up evening yoga, and many other things. But it is more money. A lot more money.

Which do I choose?

Mostly art.

Comment

I got two cute little rats last night! I'm naming them Potter and Weasley.

The cage I got them is huge for the two of them. They're going to be so spoiled.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRave View Post

Ya coming to france?! Have you told me before?!
                Planning to day trip in from Geneva remember? We talked briefly, but we dunno if you'll be able to get in.
                ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                Seen the desert and the birds
                You cut your hair short
                Like a shush to an insult
                The world had been yelling
                Since the day you were born
                Revolting with anger
                While it smiled like it was cute
                That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Sometimes, out of the blue, somebody does something nice.

A student whom I had in a Creative Writing class about 15 years ago sent me a link to his professional website, and I found out that - at least sometimes - what I do matters.

Teaching is a rough job.

But then, pretty much all jobs are - each in their own way, and a sad fact of life is that we seldom have anything to celebrate about our jobs.

If you are ever lucky enough to have somebody do something like this for you, you'll know how much it means to me. If anybody is interested in seeing what I'm talking about, here's a link:

When You’re Not Waving but Drowning
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

So,B. De.,you do matter in this vast universe after all. That my friend will bode well as far as your positive karma...also something real for your eulogy(Google,best spell check ever,if your spellchecker fails,try Google)

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

So today my youtube decided it didn't want to play certain videos. Just that looping black screen o death. I cleared the cache. I re-booted. I cleared cookies. I disabled and enabled adblock plus. Nuttin.

Finally found I had to find the 'turn off acceleration' option in settings in Chrome and now it's all good. Not a big hoorah. But for me? I'm a frigging computer geniuz
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Today I finally got caught by the Christian bus stop lady. She was a little old black lady. Sweet as can be. Was passing out those booklets. She was trying her hardest to explain the booklet to this Mexican lady who just kept smiling. She came to me. I always just politely decline the flier. Always. She's like oh, do you believe in the bible? Nope. I'm an Atheist. She's like oh! Can you please tell me why? And here is where people lose their ever loving mind and get into arguments. All over people are like how do I argue the Christian person coming up to me? What do I do?!!!

So I just said 'it's personal'. What can they say to that without looking like a complete ass. So she goes on politely trying to find her way inside. So do you believe God created us? Nope. I believe in science and evolution. She starts with the monkeys and I stop her. No. We aren't monkeys. Evolution doesn't just work that way. And she's like well yes, you are right. We are a species. But they (animals) are lower then us and not smart as us etc. I'm like really? Dolphins? Elephants? Bees? She's like....silent....well hope we can meet again and chat. And I'm like sure! Nice to meet you.

I'm sure I made her day thinking the nice atheist girl is gonna let me in! I'm gonna get me a soul for Jesus. I probably made her day. She was very kind and was so positive. She was trying with her script. Bless her heart. It's good to know her and I are going to the exact same place when we die. The coroner's

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                          Planning to day trip in from Geneva remember? We talked briefly, but we dunno if you'll be able to get in.
                          Tell me date and place. I'll see what I can do :P

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

From my fb because I'm too pooped to type:
                            As Ice Cube would say..today was a good day. I rode my bike to AND from work. 15 minutes there and 20 back because there is a slight incline. I had to stop a few times and take a breath, but I DID IT! And we got to go home early! I'm pretending it's half a day off. And my blood sugar was 97 after the bike ride. Good times!

Comment

Sounds a bit fun Duce,I know riding a bike is good for you,if it don't kill you first...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Yeah. Well I pretended to 'use my phone' when I had to pull over to give my legs a rest. But I also realized I needed to raise my seat higher then my feet touching the ground. That was I was able to get a full rotation of leg in the pedal.

Comment

Working...
                                X