X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

Now, all we need is a John Deere sticker and a lawn. mg: :slap:

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I'm just in an incredibly good mood today. I'm usually far grouchier!
      Probably being back on the water helped. And having a great date.
      And the fact that my political science quite adamantly and enthusiastically invited me to go drinking with them (which I turned down- they don't just drink, they go into wild Bacchic frenzies- but I'm surprised and happy that they like me enough to try to get me to hang out with them!)
      And that I'm doing so well in this class.
      And that I'm inching a little closer to starting training in the fall.
      I'm in a lot of pain from the car incident but I'll survive.
      Last edited by orchestrion; 10 Jul 2012, 14:07.

selume proferre

Comment

I can breathe again!

Yay my doctor!
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
          I can breathe again!

Yay my doctor!
          This makes me smile!
          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
          Sneak Attack
          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Yay!!!

:B):

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Peaches! At only 98 cents a pound too! Got three for a buck.
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I only have one job to go to tomorrow and I can sleep the frack in on Friday.
                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

After the ups and downs of the last 6 days, I should be feeling very down. For some reason, I am still smiling and still optimistic. JP is less so, but says he's glad to have someone cheeful by his side. That makes me smile!! I realise it is probably just that I am bipolar, so feeling like the most amazing successful person one day, then wondering why a loathesome nobody like me is even legally allowed to breathe, the next day, is so normal that I don't really notice the difference. As mental health problems go, this one is maybe one of the better ones to have (personality disorder and depression runs in our family, so I think I got the better deal!).

Or maybe.. just maybe... I'm just so damned grounded and positive. ^^
                  夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I just taught my mom the :3 smilie and she texted me saying "Cute kittie! :3 meow". It was adorable. XD

selume proferre

Comment

I'm so thrilled...yesterday my boyfriend offered to drive me to the airport when I leave to go on my visit to Canada. I explained that my flight was at 7 am and I'd probably have to be there around 5-5:30, and he said it wasn't ideal but he still wanted to do it. It's such a normal "boyfriend" thing to do, but I've never had a guy treat me like that before.

Comment

My word day ends at 5 instead of 10.
                        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Jumping spiders.
                          They are the best things ever.

Also how freaking AWESOME my classes for the fall are.
                          Trojan War, Colonial North America, US Military History, History of China & Japan, History of the Ancient Near East... so psyched. Though I'm really nervous about taking so many history courses at once (well, Trojan War & History of the Ancient Near East are technically for my Classics major but you know... pretty much history lol they overlap a lot) because I tried that this past spring and had trouble keeping up, but I'm hoping I'm drugged up enough to make things work this time. :dummy:
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by orchestrion; 12 Jul 2012, 15:58.

selume proferre

Comment

oopssss hnoes:
                            Last edited by orchestrion; 12 Jul 2012, 16:56. Reason: thought this would add to my last post and it didn't. .-.

selume proferre

Comment

Saw a momma goat the other day with her two young ones. Made me think of Pagan Forum!

For those who are new, there have been rumors of me being involved in a shady type of relationship with a goat, which is without doubt a baseless accusation.
                              Last edited by Dumuzi; 13 Jul 2012, 14:11.
                              [4:82]

Comment

I'm smiling again!! After the disaster I caused last time I tried to help, I dusted myself off and decided to apply for jobs on JP's behalf again this morning. He's had two call-backs (I only apply for recently posted jobs with less than 50 applicants, to improve his chances). Neither of us are getting our hopes up that anything will come of these two applications, but the fact that I've applied on his behalf twice and both times he's at least been contacted, gives me renewed hope.

I asked for overtime at work and although it will be tough, I've punched the figures into a tax calculator, to see what I am due, net, for this rota and it's a decent figure! That'll take the sting out and let us stock up on cheap tinned and dry food to get us through the tougher months.

For now, I'm taking a break from Japanese to focus on helping JP with his job search. I probably won't reach my learning goal this year, but I have put in hours and hours of study and definitely improved considerably since January. I can always catch up with a few private lessons once he's working. Sorry to be so up and down folks, and sorry if I've been blunt or rude in my posts. I've got it off my chest in the rant thread, you know I have a lot going on, so I won't keep on posting the downtimes. I'll post good news of course!!
                                夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Working...
                                X