This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Confessions

I confess that I tend to hide my emotions and thoughts pretty often, and I do it successfully.
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I confess... I think too much and can't turn it off.
      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
      Sneak Attack
      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
        I confess... I think too much and can't turn it off.
        This is why I reddit. Or have special subreddits full of animals being jerks.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I confess that sometimes I sneak out onto the back porch to meditate on a comfy pillow.
          I'm the girl your mother warned you about.

Comment

Originally posted by iflewoverthecuckoosnest View Post
            I confess that sometimes I sneak out onto the back porch to meditate on a comfy pillow.
            I'm the girl your mother warned you about.
            Of all the things my mum warned me about, girls meditating on comfy pillows wasn't one of them.
            White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
            sigpic
            In Days of yore,
            From Britain's shore
            Wolfe the dauntless hero came
            And planted firm Britannia's flag
            On Canada's fair domain.
            Here may it wave,
            Our boast, our pride
            And joined in love together,
            The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
            The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
              Of all the things my mum warned me about, girls meditating on comfy pillows wasn't one of them.
              Okay, finefinefine. I'm the girl that *everyone's mothers except for Doc's* warned them about.

Comment

Okay, finefinefine. I'm the girl that *everyone's mothers except for Doc's* warned them about.
                Doesn't work. I was just about to *second* Doc's notion.

In fact, I'd go a step further (or is it farther?) and say the sneaking out to meditate on a nice comfy pillow lines up almost perfectly with girls my mother wanted to see me with, rather than the psycho bitches from hell, that she kept finding in my presence.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                  Doesn't work. I was just about to *second* Doc's notion.

In fact, I'd go a step further (or is it farther?) and say the sneaking out to meditate on a nice comfy pillow lines up almost perfectly with girls my mother wanted to see me with, rather than the psycho bitches from hell, that she kept finding in my presence.
                  I dunno. Us meditating pillow chicks can be pretty crazy. Like, the other week, I had a library fine. Yeah, you heard me, a library fine. I hope you were sitting down when you read that.

Comment

I might get torn a new one for this confession, but I think it's one of those "Everybody has prejudices even if they don't want to admit it" sort of things. I'm not impressed with the women at work. I've had problems with male employees, but there seems to be a difference, namely that the men were just lazy or punks, while the women seem unable to keep their emotional baggage at home. Of course, regardless of what the reason is, a crappy employee is a crappy employee.
                    Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                    -Erik Erikson

Comment

I dunno. Us meditating pillow chicks can be pretty crazy. Like, the other week, I had a library fine. Yeah, you heard me, a library fine. I hope you were sitting down when you read that.

Just one??? How in the hell did you manage that? Crazy woman!!!

Confession: In a one month time period, many years ago, I lost my library card due to numerous late penalties exceeding $100, in total, or something like that. I wasn't done with 'em! Now, I can't even GET a "library card".

Keeping in mind, tho, in one month I used to could plow through two books in a day, sometimes three, if they were short enough. You know, less than 400-600 pages or so.

Thing is, I could confess that I mostly hid that bookworm image from nearly everyone that ever bumped into me. I was too much of a druggie to spend time in a library and looked way too much like a dangerous biker to be allowed in one. Yet my thirst for exploration and knowledge is STILL overwhelming.

Hehehe, move over sister, I wanna use part of that pillow, too!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Just one??? How in the hell did you manage that? Crazy woman!!!

Confession: In a one month time period, many years ago, I lost my library card due to numerous late penalties exceeding $100, in total, or something like that. I wasn't done with 'em! Now, I can't even GET a "library card".

Keeping in mind, tho, in one month I used to could plow through two books in a day, sometimes three, if they were short enough. You know, less than 400-600 pages or so.

Thing is, I could confess that I mostly hid that bookworm image from nearly everyone that ever bumped into me. I was too much of a druggie to spend time in a library and looked way too much like a dangerous biker to be allowed in one. Yet my thirst for exploration and knowledge is STILL overwhelming.

Hehehe, move over sister, I wanna use part of that pillow, too!
                        Two a day?! Over $100?! Dayum, you've got some library prowess :P

Comment

Two a day?! Over $100?! Dayum, you've got some library prowess :P
                          I dunno how far this might be getting away from confessions but in my junior year of high school, I had to take American Literature. First book out of the box, that we had to read, was one I read just about two weeks earlier, before the school season began. Kids in the class were all laughing, thinking I was just trying to get out of doing any reading. I asked the teacher if I could do an essay on what I'd read or answer a test on the book, whatever, and read something else. He agreed and had me do both an essay/book report/review AND the actual final that the rest of the class was to be given at the end of the book.

What was the book? Grapes of Wrath. From the county library. What book did I choose to read instead? Slaughterhouse 5.

Oh. I aced the test.

Comment

I dunno how far this might be getting away from confessions but in my junior year of high school, I had to take American Literature. First book out of the box, that we had to read, was one I read just about two weeks earlier, before the school season began. Kids in the class were all laughing, thinking I was just trying to get out of doing any reading. I asked the teacher if I could do an essay on what I'd read or answer a test on the book, whatever, and read something else. He agreed and had me do both an essay/book report/review AND the actual final that the rest of the class was to be given at the end of the book.

What was the book? Grapes of Wrath. From the county library. What book did I choose to read instead? Slaughterhouse 5.

Oh. I aced the test.
                            Haha, that's awesome. I can relate. I remember when we had to read 1984 in High School, and I'd already read it at least a bajillion and one times in my tattered, thickly annotated copy.
                            School can be a rough time for a book worm, I remember getting made fun of for reading Robert Louis Stevenson in middle school, but it's worth it to keep feeding that delicious hunger for knowledge that's rumbling around in your rumbly little worm belly.

Comment

Thing of it is, now? I look back and think just how BAD those books were. And I chose to read them on my own time! What the hell was wrong with me? Hindsight, I guess.

And: ahh yes, just call me Dr. Jeckyl, thank you. That was an interesting phase for me, too, though I'm thinking it might have been a bit earlier than middle school, for me. I seem to recall the nuns throwing a fit about it. I don't remember which book I brought but I remember the school principal having to call my mom and dad to come in and discuss this "awful development". So, probably 6th grade, just before middle school, and before I went from private to public education.

Such a sordid past. Reading! Of all things. READING!

It's so great.

Comment

I've actually joined Internet activism?

Fascinating.
                                Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

Working...
                                X