This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Confessions

I just take him at face value, he's every asshole on youtube. There's no real point to it, no greater societal message, no SATIRE.

He's just every asshole on youtube. I just happen to find that funny, I like a cheap laugh.
    Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
      I just take him at face value, he's every asshole on youtube. There's no real point to it, no greater societal message, no SATIRE.

He's just every asshole on youtube. I just happen to find that funny, I like a cheap laugh.
      Power to you.

To me; however, as Larry Niven said in 'Ringworld,' "Humor is an 'interrupted defense mechanism'"

George Carlin, Richard Pryor, Eddie Murphy, Dave Chapelle, etc... they all interrupt my defense mechanism, with their humor... Daniel Tosh does not... he merely engages my defense mechanism.
      "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post

And there's nothing wrong with that. Especially when you recognize cheap laughs for what they are. My long string of "dumbasses do dumb shit and hit their heads on things" type of youtube videos in my internet history can attest to that. It's just that Tosh never gave me that cheap laugh, personally. To each their own.

Comment

I confess that, until about 8 minutes ago, I never heard of Mr. Tosh. As I am wont to do, however, I had to quickly see who this comedian was, and why he should be the subject of some sort of shock and comedy discussion. I regret the curiosity. I had hoped to laugh and, instead, was provoked into a state of loathing.

Bummer.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Can't argue about tosh,I dislike his brand of "Humor" but I am an old guy,so perhaps it is just that I have an old sense of humor...But I think it is just because I dislike "laughing at pain of another" That's just me,others might find humor in this guy,I do not.
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I confess, I dislike comedians that yell a lot. I change the channel or occupy my time in another way. Their humor is wasted on me because I won't listen.
              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
              Sneak Attack
              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                I confess, I dislike comedians that yell a lot. I change the channel or occupy my time in another way. Their humor is wasted on me because I won't listen.
                I'm beginning to feel a kindred spirit with you on these things.
                hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                  Sam Kinnison and Dane Cook were/are two of the most unfunny people I've ever had the displeasure of listening to.
                  Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                  -Erik Erikson

Comment

Originally posted by Clive View Post
                    Sam Kinnison and Dane Cook were/are two of the most unfunny people I've ever had the displeasure of listening to.
                    yet, Lewis Black (even with his yelling), is very funny.
                    "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Originally posted by ThorsSon View Post
                      yes.

/10char
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

HATE THAT GUY. I don't think he's stupid or anything, and I mostly agree with him, but I can't listen. I hate it.
                        No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Comedian to comedian basis but usually speaking yelling sucks.

Comment

I confess I dislike clowns.

I cannot understand why people find them funny.

Comment

He's definitely an exception in my book, mainly because his yelling comes from projected anger and frustration, whereas someone like Dane Cook screams because he can't think of anything else to say and knows his dumbass audience will eat it up.
                              Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                              -Erik Erikson

Comment

I tend to like intelligent humor rather than what I would call acting like a fool. I love Colbert's style of humor,and Jon Stewart has a certain style of subtle physical "stick" along with biting satire. Colbert does however really hit his mark without seeming to do so.
                                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                                X