This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Confessions

I confess that because I haven't washed the dishes yet since I cooked dinner for my parents and sister and niece and nephew last night, I don't have any clean forks.

Which means that I am now eating my left over lasagne (which I cooked last night) with a cake fork.

Yep... I hate washing dishes. And I'm not afraid to admit it.

Comment

I confess my guilt weighs me down hard every day but I don't show it.
      hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
        I confess that because I haven't washed the dishes yet since I cooked dinner for my parents and sister and niece and nephew last night, I don't have any clean forks.

Which means that I am now eating my left over lasagne (which I cooked last night) with a cake fork.

Yep... I hate washing dishes. And I'm not afraid to admit it.
        Left me off - and it was MY birthday dinner (so I thought)...

Comment

*gets out popcorn....next on divorce court!
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Torey View Post
            Left me off - and it was MY birthday dinner (so I thought)...
            Hah! Husbands don't count, even if it's their birthday

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
              Hah! Husbands don't count, even if it's their birthday
              As a prior husband, I can attest to this.

Also, confession: wtf is a cake fork? I get so lost on the different uses for special forks. Salad fork, dessert fork... what the fork!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                As a prior husband, I can attest to this.
                Well hopefully Torey sticks around long enough to never be a 'prior husband'. Even if I do leave him off the dinner list every now and then.

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                Also, confession: wtf is a cake fork? I get so lost on the different uses for special forks. Salad fork, dessert fork... what the fork!
                A cake fork is an itty bitty fork with three fat tines that you eat cake with. It's just a little bit bigger than a teaspoon. It's much easier to eat say... a dense mud cake... with a cake fork rather than a spoon.

We actually had this conversation the other night with some of my workmates and one of their partners (at a veterinary industry dinner). The golden rules are... 1) bread plate is to your left (try not to steal the other guy's bread). 2) when there is more than one knife and fork, start from the outside and work in each course. Then it doesn't matter what they're called, you still look like you know what you're doing! And 3) dessert and palate cleanser cutlery is sometimes across the top... just to confuse you.

Comment

I eat cake with a spoon. A big fat spoon. Of course I'm also chubby. So yeah.
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Uh, yeah. I'm going with the spoon idea.

With all them extra utensils, I might just turn the whole thing into finger food, out of confusion. LOL

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I confess that, in theory, I get why I SHOULD get be a fan of Daniel Tosh... he pushes the envelope. He says offensive things that make you reconsider your worldview. He challenges the status quo.

But he's no George Carlin.

George Carlin was a philosopher, a poet, an innovator, a revolutionary, and had a knack for turning the world on its head. When he said something shocking, he either had led you to think it before he said it, or he presented it in such an absurdly astonishing way that you couldn't be offended, because you were rocking on your heels, just trying to process how your whole foundation had been dismantled. You were too busy trying to reassess to be offended.

Daniel Tosh is boring, bland, and his attempts to shock just seem to be attempts to shock... he may have the intention of making you think, of reestablishing worldviews... but he comes off as just an asshole.

I confess that I tried to like Daniel Tosh... but I can't.
                      "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

I confess I didn't call any of my mom's today. :/
                        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                        Sneak Attack
                        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I confess that I have 2 gov. exams one after another at the same subject!!! And I am nervous.
                          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by ThorsSon View Post
                            I confess that, in theory, I get why I SHOULD get be a fan of Daniel Tosh... he pushes the envelope. He says offensive things that make you reconsider your worldview. He challenges the status quo.

Tosh is not Carlin, or even anything like Carlin. Tosh is the embodiment of youtube comment trolls. Tosh is that guy, and that's where the humor comes from.

He's every asshole on youtube, and that's the joke. Of course you won't find him funny if you are not a fan of sarcasm, reference humor, or political incorrectness for shock value. That like eighty or ninety percent of his material, and this is coming from a fan of his show and his stand up.
                            Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                              if you are not a fan of sarcasm, reference humor, or political incorrectness for shock value
                              Those are a few of the things I love about Carlin... and more of the reasons I want to like Tosh.

He just doesn't do it for me.

You are right, and I get what you are saying about him being the embodiment of YouTube trolls... but I guess, for me, he fails to transition it from reenactment to sarcasm/satire... I know what he is trying to deliver... but I never seem to receive it.
                              "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Originally posted by ThorsSon View Post

George Carlin was a philosopher, a poet, an innovator, a revolutionary, and had a knack for turning the world on its head. When he said something shocking, he either had led you to think it before he said it, or he presented it in such an absurdly astonishing way that you couldn't be offended, because you were rocking on your heels, just trying to process how your whole foundation had been dismantled. You were too busy trying to reassess to be offended.

Daniel Tosh is boring, bland, and his attempts to shock just seem to be attempts to shock... he may have the intention of making you think, of reestablishing worldviews... but he comes off as just an asshole.

I confess that I tried to like Daniel Tosh... but I can't.
                                Completely agreed. Tosh never did for me either.

Comment

Working...
                                X