This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Confessions

I confess that I almost wish I did have pink eye. It would give me an out for the early downtime & database upgrade I have to deal with on Tuesday.
    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Scratch your ass and rub your eyes. Dig deep. Pinkeye will be forthcoming.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
        What I mean, Doc, is that, even in theory it can't work because it makes false assumptions about the nature of human nature.

If you are seriously interested, look into the Israeli kibbutz movement - this was the best large scale experiment in communism... And it failed.

The problem is that people, IF THEY HAVE A CHOICE, find commune life intolerable. This is why communist nations wanted nothing less than world-wide communism (allowing no escape and no going back), and why every communist nation engaged(s) in periodic large scale purges and Gulags for people with "counterrevolutionary ideas."

Yes, I know, this is old school communism, but the kibbutzen failed after the first generation because the second generation members didn't want to live like that. It is well worth noting this problem.

We could debate eternally and get nowhere, which is why I recommend - if you are seriously serious - running your own experiment by starting or joining a commune.

Then we'd have real experiences we could compare, and your thoughts (being based on real world experience rather than theory) would carry more weight.

I've done the experiment myself, so I think I know something you don't. I mean this in a nice way - I'm not trying to be snotty . The theory is deceptive enough to fool many highly intelligent people, but the experience speaks for itself.
        I think that was actually the point, about on paper. In practice, the experiences fall quite short of the theory.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I confess... I enjoy cleaning other people's homes more than my own.
          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
          Sneak Attack
          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
            I confess... I enjoy cleaning other people's homes more than my own.
            I confess that I wish you'd come over.
            "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Originally posted by ThorsSon View Post
              I confess that I wish you'd come over.
              I confess that I thought that same exact thing in response to Juniper's confession earlier today ... and instead of posting it, I created a betting pool in my head on who actually would post it first.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhaethe View Post
                I confess that I thought that same exact thing in response to Juniper's confession earlier today ... and instead of posting it, I created a betting pool in my head on who actually would post it first.
                I'm pretty sure in ThorSon's horny condition, it probably doesn't mean the same thing you mean.
                wink wink.
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I confess I sometimes dream of Canada being a top military power. If we upheld our position that we had at the end of WW2, third largest navy, an army to reckon with. Then I wake up and get sad when it isn't real.
                  White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                  sigpic
                  In Days of yore,
                  From Britain's shore
                  Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                  And planted firm Britannia's flag
                  On Canada's fair domain.
                  Here may it wave,
                  Our boast, our pride
                  And joined in love together,
                  The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                  The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                    I'm pretty sure in ThorSon's horny condition, it probably doesn't mean the same thing you mean.
                    wink wink.
                    Oh... I'd let the sexy Oregonian maid, do her job... in her sexy Oregonian maid outfit... then whatever happens would happen.

Comment

Oh... I'd let the sexy Oregonian maid, do her job... in her sexy Oregonian maid outfit... then whatever happens would happen.
                      I somehow imagine plaid grunge outfit with uggs. My bad.
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                        I somehow imagine plaid grunge outfit with uggs. My bad.
                        ThorsSon's horny condition manages to imagine even that sexily.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
                          I confess I sometimes dream of Canada being a top military power. If we upheld our position that we had at the end of WW2, third largest navy, an army to reckon with. Then I wake up and get sad when it isn't real.
                          Hey, Joint Task Force 2 is awesome as hell. Plus, Canadians kicked WAY more than their fair share of ass in both world wars and that history has weight to it.
                          Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                            Hey, Joint Task Force 2 is awesome as hell. Plus, Canadians kicked WAY more than their fair share of ass in both world wars and that history has weight to it.
                            I agree with you, and I'm proud of Canada and all the allied nations' contribution to the wars. But Our nations military, budget wise, equipment wise etc. is a shadow of its former glory for sure. We used to be able to hold our own in any major conflict, today we were recently deemed "Too small to make a difference" in todays conflicts. This is largely due to the liberal party and the downsizing of all these things that are important to a military.
                            White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                            sigpic
                            In Days of yore,
                            From Britain's shore
                            Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                            And planted firm Britannia's flag
                            On Canada's fair domain.
                            Here may it wave,
                            Our boast, our pride
                            And joined in love together,
                            The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                            The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

I confess I purchase way too many books before I finish the ones I have.
                              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
                                downsizing of all these things that are important to a military.
                                Sounds like a good thing to me.

Made me think of the Lusty Argonian Maid xD
                                tumblr_mefjh33Npc1qdg3a3o1_500.jpg
                                Yikes, all that cultural appropriation that used to be here tho

Comment

Working...
                                X