X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Confessions

Originally posted by Dez View Post
    The response on this from other inhabitants was "just believe", "just have faith", etc, and it left a really bad taste in my mouth.
    I have a SERIOUS issue with that mentality. Blind faith is NOT a virtue.

----------

The Bible says "The fool hath said in his heart, 'There is no God.'" (Psalm 14:1 KJV)

I say that "The rational person has reasoned in his/her mind, 'There is no God.'"
    Last edited by ThorsSon; 29 Jun 2014, 21:12.
    "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

I confess that I ought to be in bed right now. So I'm gonna go do that. Night, all!

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
        You need minions.

Preferably the type that have been connected together in some form on hive-mind over which you have complete control.

Maybe you can bend your nefarious soul pizza making to such an purpose. Because frankly... so far I have yet to detect the effects of you having harvested my soul. Shouldn't I feel... I don't know... minion-ated? Or something?
        I generally don't harvest large amounts of a soul at once unless spectacularly peeved and there's enough PF members that your soul regens before I get back to it. There are two reasons for this

1) Restraint in harvesting means more soul energy in the long run

2) There's a graveyard of horrors around here somewhere that got that way by stealing full souls claimed by various godlings. I have no desire to see Zeus or Thor show up at my door or have a legion of angels dispatched against me. Fending off angry Powers is a pleasure best observed from a distance.

- - - Updated - - -

I sbould invest in minions though.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
          I confess that I NEVER greet new members or even look in the Intro board. I just... don't have the patience? Or something.
          Right there with ya, only it's not that I don't have the patience but that I don't care. That sounds dickish, but I always figure that I'll meet the ones really interested in exploring what the site has to offer will be met in a thread where it's actually important. And then, I go back and read the intro to see if they posted anything about where their path progressed from.

Then again, I also figure that I'm not of much help to many pagans considering that I never truly committed to any one practice and therefore do not have extensive research experience with many faiths. And now I'm agnostic so yeah, lol.
          No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
            Right there with ya, only it's not that I don't have the patience but that I don't care.
            I'll pop in and say hi on occasion, if I spot the thread early or see something that catches my interest. I like to ingratiate people to me while they're still in their awkward and impressionable stage. To facilitate my inevitable bid for power of course.
            Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by ThorsSon View Post
              I have a SERIOUS issue with that mentality. Blind faith is NOT a virtue.

----------

The Bible says "The fool hath said in his heart, 'There is no God.'" (Psalm 14:1 KJV)

I say that "The rational person has reasoned in his/her mind, 'There is no God.'"
              I'd agree with that. There are some very good qualities that we can walk away from Christianity with, especially from the NT. That sort of bad logic isn't one of them.
              Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

I confess that, after reading the above confessions, I am a bit hesitant to post the requisite newbie post. I also confess that I am posting here so that I can see what my side bar looks like. I am having issues with having an avitar and profile pic. Hi all!

Comment

Originally posted by bleubohemian View Post
                  I confess that, after reading the above confessions, I am a bit hesitant to post the requisite newbie post. I also confess that I am posting here so that I can see what my side bar looks like. I am having issues with having an avitar and profile pic. Hi all!
                  No need to be spooked, we're just an honest bunch. Make yourself feel welcome and dive into the discussions.
                  No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Yep, what Bjorn said

There are a lot of long-time members on this forum...some of us have know each other on here for years and years. We have a tendency to get together and gossip like little old people sometimes
                    Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Thank you Bjorn

Comment

Originally posted by bleubohemian View Post
                        Thank you Bjorn
                        And instead ill welcome you here! Welcome welcome! Ignore us. We're quite mad.
                        ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                        Seen the desert and the birds
                        You cut your hair short
                        Like a shush to an insult
                        The world had been yelling
                        Since the day you were born
                        Revolting with anger
                        While it smiled like it was cute
                        That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                          We're quite mad.
                          No, we're not.

Oh, and next time, YOU get to wear the leprechaun hat, coat and boots, mmkay? Everyone's been glancing at me and searching for rainbows and pots of gold.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post

No, we're not.

Oh, and next time, YOU get to wear the leprechaun hat, coat and boots, mmkay? Everyone's been glancing at me and searching for rainbows and pots of gold.
                            But I don't grow quite as impressive facial hair as you! And the fake stuff itches!

RIP

You cut your hair short
                            Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                              No, we're not.

Waitaminute!!!!

Motorcycles don't even HAVE doors!
                              "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Originally posted by ThorsSon View Post

Waitaminute!!!!

Motorcycles don't even HAVE doors!
                                Wait, what motorcycle have you been riding? Not one of the ones with WHEELS?!?!?!

Oh the shame!

RIP

You cut your hair short
                                Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment